Pillars of Eternity II - The Forgotten Sanctum Preview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A preview for a new Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC The Forgotten Sanctum.

Greetings, Watchers,

We have brought you to Harbinger's Watch with "The Beast of Winter" and the Crucible of Kazuwari in "Seeker, Slayer, Survivor", now prepare yourselves as we head to the Black Isle, and into "The Forgotten Sanctum".

The Forgotten Sanctum

When a violent tremor shatters the islands of the Deadfire, the greatest wizards in Eora seek out the aid of the Watcher. The archmage Maura has vanished into the depths of a newly opened dungeon located in the Black Isles and threatens to awaken what lies forgotten there. Follow Maura's trail and determine the fate of one of the Deadfire Archipelago's most closely-held secrets.

• Traverse an expansive dungeon built into the flesh of a sleeping god.

• Encounter the highest-level challenges yet faced by the Watcher and their companions.

• Scheme with or defy the wills of Eora's most powerful wizards.

You'll have a chance to take your Watcher and their crew to the Forgotten Sanctum on December 13th, 2018!

[...]
More information.

Can't wait and will finally play it for the first time with all content released.:celebrate:

Me too. I have no doubt this is going to be my GotY for 2019. High level adventure featuring wizards - sounds like the perfect end game dungeon.

I'll be replaying this on Path of the Damned over the summer once all of the content is in. Hopefully the challenge will be on par with the first game despite the smaller party size.

The vanilla game was definitely missing a decent sized dungeon too, so this DLC should really hit the spot if implemented well.

As mentioned in the Kingmaker thread: I'm not really a fan of big dungeons. I will be trying this out though, probably with some sort of absurd uber build which could make even dungeon crawling a bit fun.

That's one of the things I really enjoyed with PoE2 - if you put your mind to it, you can make some builds that are flat out crazy.

4.0 looks interesting.

+1 sub-class for all classes.
new Woedica's Challenge should please some people who hates per-rest and health-regen.

Black Isles? I see what you did there, Obsidian…

Not Obsidian actually. A group of backers got the "make your own island" tier and decided to call it the Black Isles. They also got the "make your own pirate crew" tier and the crewmembers are named after Obsidian devs.

Another game where I'll just wait for all the content to be out and available, then I'll pick it up. It was difficult not jumping right in a while back, but for me it was the right call!

I just think of all the extra content as motivation for a replay. There's plenty of stuff to do in the original release.

I m also waiting for full content to start up. My biggest dissapointment regarding the 1st one was the unbalanced exp/lvl gain. In this one, do they raise the cap with every dlc, or we have to spend half game without advancement?

Black Isles? I see what you did there, Obsidian…

The archmage Maura has vanished into the depths of a newly opened dungeon located in the Black Isles and threatens to awaken what lies forgotten there.

Unfortunately, it will probably be Herve Caen.

I like the sound of it.

In the end, I'm not sure which game I like best - Kingmaker or PoE2.

Both are great in their own ways, truth be told.

Sounds good. Will get back to PoE2 after I finish my current game. I think. Too many games...

Yes, Kingmaker is :D

No idea where Mr. Coin has ran off too... btw he is Copper Coin now lol

I'm on my third run now.

First one was half elf fighter/mage/eldritch knight
Second was half elf crusader (cleric archtype)
Now I'm trying out aasimar empyreal sorceress.

What about you? :)

Back
Top Bottom