Stellar Tactics - Progress Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new progress update for Stellar Tactics introduces some new spaceships.

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday! I thought I would share a quick progress update. The last few weeks I've spent most of my time getting the first set of 10 new ship models in the game. I'll release these with the next patch.

Meanwhile, the second set of ships model replacements are in development and I'll get those in the game when they are ready. A few screenshots below - work in progress.
7c910f9b1e71ad3c104ac134ecce7ec4567a16e1.jpg

And finally, I've been working on the cargo transfer feature. When this is finished, you will be able to purchase cargo storage space on trade stations. Once you own cargo storage, you will be able to move items from your ship cargo hold to storage, swap ships and move those items to your currently equipped starship from storage. I know a lot of you have wanted a way to store all that shiny legendary gear and move it to another ship. This is also a requirement for future work on trading and crafting so needs to be done now. As you can see, you will be able to sort both your current ships cargo and the contents of the station cargo storage.

Cargo storage is only for ship equipment, ore and commodities.

When buying new ships, the current cargo transfer feature will still work - so, you will need to make sure the contents of your current ship cargo bay will fit in the new ship you are purchasing.
30db86b0d9c69f9ff04d88f3557da4ecc243448e.jpg

That's all I have for now. I'll keep you all posted as I make progress. I'm hoping to get the updated ships, cargo transfer and a number of bug fixes out in patch next Friday. As always, thank you for supporting Stellar Tactics!
More information.

Looks better with every update. Shame it's not content complete yet. My guess is it still needs a few more years of work, but hey it's only a one man development team.

I'm ready to jump in this one immediately, but I believe it's still quite a ways off from being done. When it is complete, I'll be there that very week to delve right into this!!

Yeah, I don't actually play Early Access games anymore, but I will still buy them for worthy projects. I still need to buy this one, since I keep losing in the raffles. :p

Thanks to the dev, by the way, as it seems to me he has always been generous with keys in our raffles.

Streamlined fins and wings in space? Inefficient design. Plus long ship hulls expose you to more radiating and increase depressurization risk. One of these days we'll get a sci-fi space game that applies realistic engineering principles -- form follows function.

You're assuming the ship was built in and launched from space. Maybe it enters atmospheres and lands on planets, too.

Edit: I actually do take your point, though. I've often felt the same. Here's a fun game that shoots for realism in space combat that we may actually see in our lifetimes.

Last edited:
Well they're all an awkward combination of pseudo-endo-atmosphere features and exo-atmospheric (drag) greeble. The end result is they're terrible at both.

Ah well.

Streamlined fins and wings in space? Inefficient design. Plus long ship hulls expose you to more radiating and increase depressurization risk. One of these days we'll get a sci-fi space game that applies realistic engineering principles -- form follows function.

But...they look good! Would be kind of boring to just fly around boxes? I see your point though, but I'll take cool over realistic in this case.

Remember a cartoon from the 90's called Exosquad. They had good ship designs.

latest

latest

latest

Looks better with every update. Shame it's not content complete yet. My guess is it still needs a few more years of work, but hey it's only a one man development team.

I expected an ALIENS-style, turn-based Commando shooter, much akin XCOM, but with exciting unique inventions in the genre, just like Chulthu Tactics did. Unfortunately this game did NOT met these expectations. But hey! Its good, because maybe I can do it in the future, just how I imagined! :D

Back
Top Bottom