PC Gamer - King's Quest Reboot

Aubrielle

Noveliste
King's Quest is getting a reboot? It sure looks that way, and the art style is interesting too.

We already knew that the King's Quest reboot wouldn't be a point and click game, but I'm not sure we were prepared for just how not-a-point-and-click-game it appears to be. Shown last night at The Game Awards, this first trailer for the new King's Quest reveals platforming, action, stealthy bits and traps, all things you mightn't expect from one of the most fondly remembered adventure game series around.

It's certainly nice to look at, though, with a lovely, Gallic cartoon art style, an adorably hapless main character, and a big scary dragon for him to have a bit of a barney with. I'm not a fan of sequences where you have to time jumps over approaching logs, so hopefully there won't be too much of that sort of thing in the game. Not pictured: puzzles, story or conversation, but there will be further trailers detailing all three in due course.
More information.

More information.

Playstation advertisment?

Peh.

I know I am not the console audience, but holy #$%* that looks like a QTE bonanza.

And, ya, not a good bonanza.

Cool visuals. But I fear that the actually gameplay will suck from a Roleplayer's and Point and Click Player's perspective.

Looks like a platformer with minigames…reminded me of Hugo, which was a Video-Game-TV-Show where you could call in…extremely cheap stuff ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVbK6zyAI4U

When i read the title of the article i thought, oh wow! The i saw the trailer and thought, oh crap.

Where is the PC version ?

Just crossed this off my list!!

greats news about Day of the tentacle. Probably my favourite adventure game of all time. Will buy it for sure.

This is the kind of crap that killed off King's Quest in the first place so why are they trying the same thing again instead of making another King's Quest adventure game.

Where is the PC version ?

It's on PC and XBox too. I don't know why it only showed PS in the trailer. Maybe they showed a trailer meant for PSN?

Edit: Yes it's just because this video is straight from PSNs YouTube channel. Here's the generic one:

Trailer

Last edited:
While I don't mind the game itself -even though I've no interest in it- why do they feel the need to call it King's Quest? A little research confirms that neither Roberta or Ken Williams are involved, So why?

Those too young to have played the originals have no attachment to the brand, while those of us who did are disgusted by the bastardization. Reminds me of that horrible X-Com third person shooter released not too long ago. King's Quest in name only.

It's going to be a QTE fest with fake choices, no gameplay and "xxtreme action" and an "edgy" mature story like Telltale games, I can already see it.

It's going to be a QTE fest with fake choices, no gameplay and "xxtreme action" and an "edgy" mature story like Telltale games, I can already see it.

It could be. Or... It could not be!

Where did you get all that? Qtes and fake choises may be true, but an edgy mature story?

Judging by the trailer I just watched the game seems to have a fairy tale atmosphere.

On the bright side, a special Edition of Day of the Tentacle was just announced. ;)

Day of the Tentacle is the best adventure that I have ever played. This is awesome news!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom