Mass Effect: Andromeda - New Tech Trailer

aries100

SasqWatch
Aaryn Flynn, general manager of Bioware just uploaded a new tech video to YouTube.
In it, he explains how the Frostbite engine makes ME: Andromeda look better than ever
and also explains the cutscene at the end a bit. You can watch the video here .

The source is Mass Effect's Facebook page here.

BoboTheMigthy also mentions it in this thread.

More information.

That jetpack is quite similar to the jetpack we've seen before in Piranha Bytes ELEX videos… Maybe bioware were inspired by them. ;)

Any word about it on Bioware forums? :D

I need more!!!

Also, looks like we get 2 humans party members who are also part of the Ai (Andromeda Initiative).

Any word about it on Bioware forums? :D

The Fan BSN is a thing you know. The "new video" thread is already on page 9 in less than 2 hours.

That jetpack is quite similar to the jetpack we've seen before in Piranha Bytes ELEX videos… Maybe bioware were inspired by them. ;)
That has been my first thought as well. Filthy thiefs. :D

hmm. I'm sure I heard that M!Ryder voice somewhere before (default first name is apparently Scott).

Also, the amount of people complaining about the male protag's face on neogaf. :rotfl: I personally like it, finally a normal looking protagonist (he is apparently scanned from an actor too).

Too dark and lifeless for me. It is kinda funny how every leap in graphical tech usually means more lighting, light particles floating around and weird things seemingly for the sake of maxing out the processing power. :p

Too dark and lifeless for me.

You realized that they were in basically a very old dead space station managed by what looks like robots right?

The scanning of the plant even had a "there is a lack of light and water here, that plant shouldn't be here" plot element via the dialog and text that appeared.

It's funny how Capt'n Ryder was first to hightail at the end...shouldn't it be the other way around? Run my comrades!

Looks like a nice example of technology justifying itself.

Quite useless to try to find a connection to gameplay as it is so weak.

Even for immersion/story, the graphical improvement seems empty, blank, sterile.

Apparently, they borrowed platformer elements. Wont help the player to get filled by the surroundings.

Reminds of tours in which people are rushed through monuments or sometimes, only see them in the distance. Those tourists have the motivation been there, seen that, great historical locations.

Hard to see any of that with that product: graphics are bettered because they can be bettered. It adds nothing.

Andromeda is one in a long list of products that will get improved graphics because they can be improved.

I actually like that showcase video.
It hides more stuff than it shows.

The attendee at the Playstation conference saw a slightly different video. There is no Flynn voiceover in that one.

But there is a JARVIS sounding voice at some point...

What I was afraid of with this new jetpack thing... It now makes the game a 3D platformer where half of it will be jumping in increasingly-difficult sets of circumstances as a time sink to extend gameplay.

Unfortunately the Bioware forums, that is the official Bioware forums closed on August 2th of this this year.

We're still able to read the forums until the end of October 2016, but we cannot write anything new, including, but not limited to new topics etc.

As for now, the unofficial Bioware forums mentioned in Azarhal's post above is the place to be....

Even with all the Ultra-HD glory of 4K and power of FrostBite engine, the faces look crap, befitting the grand Bioware tradition, so I am not surprised if fans are complaining about the same. Whether the faces are scanned from a living person or dead is irrelevant. Clearly, Bioware has some of the worst modellers / animators on their team, working with a simple minded analogy that normal looking must mean ugly looking.

Back
Top Bottom