Pamela - Version 0.1.3.8 is live

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new version for the Early Access game Pamela has been released:

Patch: PAMELA v0.1.3.8 is Live! Big Performance, Stability, & Saving Improvements

<Please note! This update will cause existing world save files to be deleted! Several corrupt objects were previously causing saves to be corrupted, which have now been fixed.>

Happy Friday, Sleepers!

We’ve got a juicy update for you this week, with a wide array of fixes and improvements across the board. The main highlights with this update are performance improvements, saving/loading stabilization, and item rarity overhaul.

As far as optimization goes, we’ve done a pass over several backend systems, reducing the overhead of items in the world, and streamlining some scripts to run only when specifically needed. We also fine-tuned lighting layers, meaning that objects which do not need to receive sunlight are much cheaper to render.

Saving and loading has gotten another handful of fixes; many of you were experiencing your bases disappearing when reloading after the last update, which should now be fixed. Unfortunately this means that we need to wipe saves with this update to ensure everyone’s got a clean slate, without corrupt files.

Last but not least, we’ve reworked the way item rarity is calculated. With our new system, spawn rates are much more controllable and reflect item rarities properly. This should result in much more logical dispersion between common and rare items, and seemed to be a great change from our internal testing.

Those are just the highlights; as always find the full Changelog below. We’ve received several crash reports in the week since the last update, which we are actively looking into and working with Unity to track down. We apologize for those of you still experiencing these crashes; if you have not already, please send your crashlogs (located in steamapps/common/PAMELA/) to support @ nvyvestudios.com so we can look into your unique issue.

Have a great weekend, hope you all enjoy the update. Let us know your experience in the comments!

Changelog [...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

No one plays this?

P.A.M.E.L.A. is an intense open-world survival horror game set in Eden, a fallen Utopian city
(in Early Access).

Sorry no. It just hit 4 out of my top 5 no-play buzzwords there. The 5th being "2d retro pixel graphics"

Tried one of the previous versions, and it was pretty far from release ready.

Has potential, though.

(in Early Access).

Sorry no. It just hit 4 out of my top 5 no-play buzzwords there. The 5th being "2d retro pixel graphics"

What are the other 4?
Early Access
open world
survival
….
Pamela? :p

What are the other 4?
Early Access
open world
survival
….
Pamela? :p

Pamela...only thing coming to mind is Pamela Anderson, that's not a negative. Though I'm showing my age there aren't I. :)

I was going with:
Intense - I like to have fun gaming, intense as a buzzword means the opposite of that
Survival - In single player it means never enough bullets, in multiplayer it means jerks ganking your stuff.
Horror - Just No.
Early Access - I think Early Access is a generally good idea and there's some good stuff on Early Access but I spend enough time writing buggy code during the day that I typically avoid debugging other peoples for my gaming time .

Open world I can take or leave. True, for every Witcher 3 there's 10 Oblivions, but open world doesn't immediately scare me off.

Back
Top Bottom