Last game you finished, tell us about it

Finished The Aielund Saga again. What a ride. I think the more I play the more I fall in love with this game :D

I just finished Bioshock once more. But this time it was the Remastered version.

Bioshock once was marketed a "System Shock spiritual successor", and when I finished it for the first time years ago I pretty much agreed to that. Today, not so much, even knowing Bioshock has a lot of features/design choices taken straight out of System Shock: the plot twist, audio logs, cameras, turrets, vita chambers, undead (splicers), etc etc.

But I judge the game for what it is: a very competent shooter (with light RPG elements) located in one of the most original settings I've ever seen.

I finished Rise of Tomb Raider (anniversary version) including the story add dlc (baba); but have not played any of the stand-alone none campaign content. I thought the game was really well done including the DLC - which I was surprise received relatively low score - I guess for the price point it is kind of expensive for a few hours of play but I received it as part of the complete game and therefore it was pretty good but short). According to Steam it took me 40 hours to complete the game - i only played single player campaign on survior mode which is one of the middle difficulties).
-
While i thought the game was great some folks won't like it. I know Joker won't like it cause it has regenerating wolves; and turn base folks won't like it. I found the story fine - though some folks will find it shallow or silly. Also it has a teaser at the end of the credits (guess the developer been watching too many marvel movies).
-
I would give it a 9/10; could use more tombs as they had decent puzzles and the campaign kind of went on a bit too long.

Joker won't like it cause it has regenerating wolves; and turn base folks won't like it.
You're wrong. ;)
Yes they do respawn but only on certain rare spots and are (at least later) easily killable. Besides, you don't pass through those spots so many times to be bothered with it.
Sure, the game would be better without that filler crap, but I actually love the game. The campaign that is.
Online survival modes the game has I hate with passion. Forget wolves, check those online survival idiocies where zombies appear every few seconds. Those modes need to die and whomever designed them needs to be banned from games industry.

All right - got it - wolves are fine but bears are a no-no when it comes to respawn. I'll have to remember that detail.

Btw I should have said that I really didn't find this game that similar to the previous one. I thought it was much better (the previous one I would give a 7ish). This one had much better maps; puzzles and imho story (though the story wasn't that great - ok maybe it isn't the actual story that is good but how it is presented).

I believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaand finished Balrum. Quite enjoyed the first half of the Game. Second one contained too many enemies and combat became tedious.
Finally also grabbed all the remaining achievements.
Now it's Review-Time!

Congrats !!! But if I might be so bold to ask; what is 'this' that you can do ?

Why, plenty of things. Fight a grizzly with a pocket knife. Scale a mountain bare with a crowbar. Or take on an army of mercs. If you're a Croft and you believe in yourself, there is no limit to what you can do.:)
( Though all the moaning is kind of nice :p)

I just finished my second run of PoE (the first was right after release), and I just have to say: Wow. It was a totally different experiece to what I remembered. I had put PoE in the "Ok"-box, but now I had to take it out and put it among the Greats. The mechanics felt better, the character building is great, and the expansions were really well done. Pretty much everything i disliked in my first run (mainly character progression, class distinction and combat "feel") was highly improved. I'm so glad I took it for a second spin and can't wait for PoE2. Now, on to Dos2!

Witcher 3 done. 313 hours, 88% Achievements. Weird game for me, it had everything I could want in a game but for some reason I didn't feel as immersed as in Witcher 2. So No. 2 was the better game for me.

I just finished my second run of PoE (the first was right after release), and I just have to say: Wow. It was a totally different experiece to what I remembered. I had put PoE in the "Ok"-box, but now I had to take it out and put it among the Greats. The mechanics felt better, the character building is great, and the expansions were really well done. Pretty much everything i disliked in my first run (mainly character progression, class distinction and combat "feel") was highly improved. I'm so glad I took it for a second spin and can't wait for PoE2. Now, on to Dos2!

Wait, wait, wait.. What extension do you mean please? I was also on the "ok" label for this game. I would like to check that extension and what it changes.

I sort of agree. For me the problem was that witcher 3 was a series of very good adventures but somewhere along the way the overall story was lost. So while I enjoy each side quest (adventure); i never really got 'into' it. Maybe it was too big ?

Witcher 3 done. 313 hours, 88% Achievements. Weird game for me, it had everything I could want in a game but for some reason I didn't feel as immersed as in Witcher 2. So No. 2 was the better game for me.

It wasn't. I wanted more of it and still do.

Back
Top Bottom