Sword Coast Legends - Interview @ Gameplane.de

This is very exciting to me. Preordered. Apparently you get a free dlc when you preorder according to them. Hope it works out.

I heard that their editor/toolset won't include the ability to create branching dialogue - and only the SP campaign will have "some" branching dialogue.

If that's true, this is turning out to be truly pathetic.

A supposed PnP experience without branching dialogue when talking to NPCs? Come on.

That really would make no sense. Here is hoping its not true.

Some guys on Codex said that's what was stated in a recent interview. I'm having a hard time believing they don't even have this kind of super basic feature.

Nerdy giggle at "Middledark" slip. Poor fellow. Drizzt wouldn't be impressed!

I'm not really feeling it with this one yet to be honest; which is a little disconcerting given AD&D's rich PC heritage. Still, considering we haven't seen a new full single player AD&D experience since NWN2 and its expansions, I won't give up fully on it just yet. I'll wait for more information and indeed the early reviews from Watchers.

Well, it makes sense that we haven't seen much in the way of singleplayer D&D games in recent years, given their attempt at turning the system into an MMO with 4th Edition.

Neverwinter Online turned out to be hollow - much like the system upon which it's based.

I don't know 5th Edition very well, but I can't believe it's actually worse than 4th Edition.

If they had half a brain, they'd get a hold of a decent team with the means to get the job done and give them the freedom to create a proper game. I have absolutely no doubt the system remains popular enough for even a half-assed game to be a reasonable success.

SCL would seem to be the ideal test of this theory - as it has half-assed written all over it.

That really would make no sense. Here is hoping its not true.
Not only that but the editor does not allow you to make your dungeon from scratch. You can only click randomize and he creates rooms of random size and shape and links them together and puts some basic stuff inside (I think even some creatures). Then it lets you add or remove furniture or monsters but you cannot affect room size, shape or numbers.

That's ridiculous, they are better off not even having an editor.

Back
Top Bottom