Final Fantasy XV Demo Video

This Nintendo exclusive will have DLC. No surprise.

The actual surprise is that coop, most probably in MMO style over dedicated server, is DLC!
http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-reveals-dlc-plan-including-online-co-1788280828
I can't understand Square Enix honestly. Sometimes they mess up so hard in unimaginable ways (DX:MD pay2win crap), but sometimes they deserve biggest possible praise. Finally someone decided not to be EA/Ubi/Konami with their de facto scam where a player must pay for MMO rubbish part they will never play just to enjoy the singleplayer part.

It's such a shame this is happening on a phone exclusive and not on PC.

Conan O'Brian on the game. Very funny.

Ooo, I hadn't considered the economic impact on rural communities!!

Edit: I went looking for the story on the 3-real-time-days-boss but got nothing. The boss seems to just vanish while fighting in the clip. So I guess you fight it for a bit, then get another shot later, then another, and so on? So you beat up on it for half an hour a day for... aaaaa month and a half?? OK, maybe not.

Maybe the game only lets you fight it down to one third health then makes you wait a day before you can fight it again? (Which you can get around by changing the date on the console?)

It really better not be one of those "ok, you fought for 15 minutes - you can fight again tomorrow for another 15 minutes OR you can pay us 99 cents right now" things!

Last edited:
Ooo, I hadn't considered the economic impact on rural communities!!

Edit: I went looking for the story on the 3-real-time-days-boss but got nothing. The boss seems to just vanish while fighting in the clip. So I guess you fight it for a bit, then get another shot later, then another, and so on? So you beat up on it for half an hour a day for… aaaaa month and a half?? OK, maybe not.

Maybe the game only lets you fight it down to one third health then makes you wait a day before you can fight it again? (Which you can get around by changing the date on the console?)

It really better not be one of those "ok, you fought for 15 minutes - you can fight again tomorrow for another 15 minutes OR you can pay us 99 cents right now" things!

GAH if made it Final Microtransaction Fantasy, I am done with the series!

If there will be a microtransaction "stop endless respawns" I'll be happy to pay for it.

Of course not! It needs to be an air to breathe not a microtransaction.

GAH if made it Final Microtransaction Fantasy, I am done with the series!
I'll have to spend some time passed out from the shock of a joke like that becoming reality but I'll be following eventually!

Watching big-name critics pile shade on FFXV gives me a rare moment of spiteful satisfaction. ;)

I find it pretty funny that Conan had the same reaction I had when I first saw them pushing the car.

Advanced 21st century gameplay right there. :D

Looks pretty damn bland. They should've let their artists let loose with the world like in Xenoblade Chronicles.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a great game. I agree that this game looks bland from what I've seen. Too realistic looking or something. Lacks charm and character.

I could maybe deal with bland. I'm not sure I can deal with this shite.

The worst thing is that this game will sell like crazy, mostly because of its graphics, and because of its long wait. Then Square/Enix will think "oh, it's selling well, we made the right choice by making it a twitch button-smasher fest".
I wish they released 'Enix' as a separate company so we could have some good turn based games again. Dragon Quest 8 was excellent when I played it in my PS3, but then Square/Enix just decided to make the series handheld thinking "Turn based belongs to handhelds, console gamers want button smashers".

The game broke its street date in Peru apparently and it sounds worse than i imagined. I hope its all false rumors.

The worst thing is that this game will sell like crazy, mostly because of its graphics, and because of its long wait. Then Square/Enix will think "oh, it's selling well, we made the right choice by making it a twitch button-smasher fest".
I wish they released 'Enix' as a separate company so we could have some good turn based games again. Dragon Quest 8 was excellent when I played it in my PS3, but then Square/Enix just decided to make the series handheld thinking "Turn based belongs to handhelds, console gamers want button smashers".

Yeah. The sad part about this is the brand loyalty that Final Fantasy has, and if everything we're hearing is true, the sales it *does* get will just be from brand loyalty.

For people asking for TB games from Square, look at your mobile...that's where they publish those these days.

The game broke its street date in Peru apparently and it sounds worse than i imagined. I hope its all false rumors.

Not false rumors. There is plenty of screenshots, gifs and streams…

Some links would be nice.
It's not PC version, right?

EDIT:
Seems some people already finished the game that is supposed to be released (dunno on which platform, again I doubt any PC game could hit the streets before the set date) in a week.
And they're streaming ending trying to spoil it for everyone:
http://www.vg247.com/2016/11/21/final-fantasy-15s-ending-is-loose-on-the-internet/

Last edited:
You mean the game is so pathetic it wouldn't sell on PC?

The game is made by Square Enix Japan, they don't care about the PC because that's not a market in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom