More Legend of Heroes coming to PC

I could never get into TitS (too 'old school' looking for me), but Trails of Cold Steel I totally loved them!

I am absolutely shocked. Trails of Cold Steel on PC? Never expected that. Wow. Now I start to believe that we'll see other two PC games officially translated (there was another two-game a story arc in-between Sky and Cold Steel). Even though a group of fan-translators were already working on those two games, so whatever happens, we'll see them translated anyway.

wolfing, I had the same reaction for maybe half an hour, then stopped paying attention to graphics entirely.

Cold Steel is set about a year after the even of Trails in the Sky, it's in a different country and with a different set of characters, but (some) characters from Trails in the Sky shows up as NPCs.

There is a PC vs PS3 comparison of Cold Steel.

Sales-1 that voice acting is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Specifically the anime female voice.

I am absolutely shocked. Trails of Cold Steel on PC? Never expected that. Wow. Now I start to believe that we'll see other two PC games officially translated (there was another two-game a story arc in-between Sky and Cold Steel). Even though a group of fan-translators were already working on those two games, so whatever happens, we'll see them translated anyway.

wolfing, I had the same reaction for maybe half an hour, then stopped paying attention to graphics entirely.

I'm not a graphics slave, like I don't care if a game is 30fps or 60fps or if it has quadrametric shadows or whatever, but I do have a minimum requirement, so I just can't play RPG-Maker style games. I tried, I played TitS for many hours, I forced myself to play it, taking it on a long trip to visit my parents, but after I returned, I found no desire to continue playing it.

I thought there were two new games - is it just one ? Oh I see a year after part 3. The video you linked shows improved graphics and addition of male voices.

There is 2 games. Trails in The Sky 3rd chapter is release on PC in early May (it's a bridge between Trails in the Sky and the games after it) and the first of the Cold Steel arc game is coming this summer to PC.

Tits, the first one, is a musthave/mustplay.
Second Tits, IMO, is an avoidware. It's the same characters, same trashmobs and same areas to crawl through - just a bit different story. IMO, such a disappointment. I will not buy the third game if I see it's again the same shit in new wrapping.

But just one screenshot from Tocs is enough to put it on my worth checking list. It's obviously different than Tits.
Worth checking means I'll wait with preorder/purchase till I find out:
- grindbased or not
- M&K okay or not
- japanese VO with subtitles possible or I have to suffer nonoriginal language VO

I really enjoyed the first game, not so much the second. I'll be waiting to see what people say about the third before I jump in. No regrets on playing the first one though, that's a good game.

Are all 4 equally good?

ToCS is awesome, one of my favorite games in the last 10 years or so. I wrote a mini-review in the 'Last game you finished' thread, let me paste it here...
Just finished The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel… what an awesome game, entered in my personal top 5 list. It is sort of like Persona 3/4 in that you're in a school with classmates, and you talk to them and other people in town for the length of a year. Gameplay is turnbased, no random encounters, you can see enemies and run around them if you don't want to fight them. Also always challenging (at least for me) as you can't overlevel. As for the story, it's basically going through your school training, visiting different locations as part of your training and helping people there, but as you do it, you start learning and noticing all the different internal factions in the country (i.e nobles vs. reformists with the capitalists neutrally in the back).
It ends in a cliff-hanger, so guess I need to play Cold Steel 2 soon.
P.S. I did play ToCS2 and loved it too.

ToCS is awesome, one of my favorite games in the last 10 years or so. I wrote a mini-review in the 'Last game you finished' thread, let me paste it here…

P.S. I did play ToCS2 and loved it too.

I just got this for PS Vita based on your recommendation. It is on sale for £15. If it turns out to be crap, I am sending you the invoice :p

Why buy it for the vita when it works on the pc ?

Its not released on PC yet… but that not the reason though :) I am spending couple of hours on the train these days and I need to kill time hence why I bought the vita and I needed a good game as well.

ToCS is awesome, one of my favorite games in the last 10 years or so. I wrote a mini-review in the 'Last game you finished' thread, let me paste it here…
It's really strange that you couldn't get into TiTS, even though you loved ToCS… TiTS is considered to be better than ToCS pretty much universally. You said you weren't a graphics slave, so maybe there was yet another reason. Did you get to the second city? I think I dropped TiTS FC for a little while at first, distracted by something else, but then it was either Chapter 1 or 2 that became a point I couldn't stop playing it.

About the TiTS: 3rd - I guess it can be played independantly? I'm not sure, if I'm not mistaken joxer didn't play through TiTS SC to the end, so a few points may be strange to him. But most people who'll buy it have played through both games. It's situated in different environment and is not really a direct sequel, but it reveals some stuff about characters we've seen in FC and\or FC.

Here goes hoping that Zero\Ao games will get localized, as well. That's the arc in between TiTS and ToSC, which is considered to be the best arc by the Japanese fans. Although some people might be unable to play it due to graphics, but all I can say is it's their loss :p

What is TiTs and ToCS have to do with legends and cold steal ?

It's the abbreviations.

TiTs: Trails in the Sky
ToCS: Trails of Cold Steel

Back
Top Bottom