Grimoire Support Group

That's a creative way of saying you didn't get enough attention in the other Grimoire thread so you decided to derail this one with your drama :) . Absolutely adorable

Btw that was the same reason felipepe got banned, not because of his review but because he was persistently stirring up drama for no reason but to stir drama and was constantly derailing topics into his self-centered tripe. If you ask me he seemed like a troubled person hungry for attention and would have been banned anywhere at any forum.

Actually, I posted it here for the two areas he said were empty: Dungeon of the Ancients and Castle Moravia.

I'm really not that adorable. Though my wife thinks so.

Thanks for posting the wiki and all the hard work you are doing.

There's plenty of rumours but that's the first specific I heard.

Lisa Anne, when you get to those areas maybe you can confirm it.

If they were really empty that should be easy to find on the forums. But there is nothing. More likely he is full of shit or bum rushed it like it was Diablo 2.

There's plenty of rumours but that's the first specific I heard.

Lisa Anne, when you get to those areas maybe you can confirm it.

Who is Lisa Anne?
Yeah I'm curious to find out about those areas as well. This being Grimoire, I'll believe what I see with my own eyes! :) Anyway, this is the gameplay thread, so I won't derail it further on this point.

Took me a while but I got to close to the same spot that my friend quit for a break, and I'm doing the same. My hope is that there will be updates to address the tedious loot and emptiness of some areas at some point, so I hope to return after those occur. As for now, back to Disgaea two!

Who is Lisa Anne?
Yeah I'm curious to find out about those areas as well. This being Grimoire, I'll believe what I see with my own eyes! Anyway, this is the gameplay thread, so I won't derail it further on this point.

I think it's his imaginary friend. Lucky has always been somewhat of an oddball :). As for the areas I suppose some might seem empty when not using Scouting, Detect Secret and True Sight.

Who is Lisa Anne?
Yeah I'm curious to find out about those areas as well. This being Grimoire, I'll believe what I see with my own eyes! :) Anyway, this is the gameplay thread, so I won't derail it further on this point.

It's an adult films actress and former luj's nickname on steam.

As for the areas I suppose some might seem empty when not using Scouting, Detect Secret and True Sight.

Yeah Detect Secret is brilliant!

And so is Scouting. I have to report something very important though; as the game progresses CC and SPE become absolutely crucial.

Halfway into the game you'll be fighting ninjas who attack 8 times each round, so unless you can act first and/or stop enemies from acting first you'd be in a lot of trouble.

That being said I suggest pumping points into SPE for all characters, and also having a Bard in the party. They are the kings of CC.

Good tips. Are you still playing the superdemo or are you in the Steam release?

By the time I stopped I don't think I'd fought any ninjas, but I did start running into creatures that constantly seemed to win initiative, and they also hit like trucks. Once or twice I'm sure my bard snatched us a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I've managed to get stuck right at the end of the first act and I'm now just going round in circles… help! :)

I need to open the glowing door at the Vault of the Exemplar. I've built the mechano owl at the museum of magic, but when I release it at the Eyrie it just flies away and nothing happens. Looking at the Catacombs riddle description, I think I might be meant to also do something with a "trumpet"… but I seem to have been everywhere and I don't remember a trumpet. I'm hoping I haven't dropped it. Or am I missing something obvious?

Edit: Solved! (with a bit of help from the Steam forum :) )

Last edited:
People are still playing this?

I completed the first area a few days ago and got several hours into the second area. I'm taking a break to play Tyranny (and probably DOS2) and then I'll get back to it. Which reminds me - I did say I'd write some impressions....

I got a ways into this, then went back to Disgaea two, which I've finally completed, and next up for me will be the new divinity. After that, I may go back to Grimoire.

What are the sales like?

According to SteamSpy, maybe 5000 copies. Pretty poor by most standards, but enough to keep him in radiation filters and tinned pies for another couple of decades.

Back
Top Bottom