|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…

Default Things you don't need to know…

Yesterday, 12:25
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
According to news media, the Airbus Beluga XL freighter took off for the first time yesterday, from Airbus' own Toulouse-Blagnac airport.

Another plane I refuse to believe can fly (and given the looks of it, doesn't deserve to fly either).

Other planes for which I seriolusly doubt their flying capability:
  1. Boeing 747
  2. Airbus A380
  3. Antonov 225

To be honest, I have been sitting in two of those in european airports, and 10 hours later finding myself sitting in the same devices in similar facitlies in the US. So there's definitely something going on. Stilll, if you look at those mammoths, crawling oh-so slowly upwards, it is, at least to me, hard to fathom that they're able to do it. Just take a look at the Antonov 225 leaving Zürich: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jALTAeHLbQ

pibbur who

PS. If anyone now wants to come with the it's-against-the-law-of-physics-that-a-bumblebee-can-fly-but-the-bumblebee-doesn't-know-that-so-it-flies-anyway story - well, that one is a myth. DS.
I like the beluga aeroplane, and would fly on it, on the condition that I don't have to pass through any airports.

Quite interesting article here, correcting the theory of how wings cause lift, which many people have been wrongly taught.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/…gs-really-work
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Yesterday, 13:47
I think the Beluga is a beautiful airplane, and I hope it will inspire others.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

Eye

Eye Watch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Yesterday, 14:40
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post

Quite interesting article here, correcting the theory of how wings cause lift, which many people have been wrongly taught.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/…gs-really-work
Actually I knew that, sort of. I looked into it (asked a nephew of mine who worked as a technician in the Norwegian air force), when I started wondering: If it's the shape that's important, how can a plane fly upside down?

Nice reference. I guess it's the same princple that makes the wings create downforce on an F1 car.

What remains is to understand winglets. I've heard, don't know for sure, that without winglets, the A380 would require a significantly larger wingspan.

pibbur who stays firmly on the gropund despite having no wings.

PS. To the watch: The Beluga XL is UGLY!!! Don't believe those who tell you (and the other watchers) otherwise. Trust me, because I'm a Norwegian. And fully grown up (> 60 years). And because I know that the Bethesda games are great (unmodded). And… And … Because I say so.

Actually, trusting pibbur is maybe not such a good idea after all. The Beluga is still ugly, though. DS.
--
d++a63e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!
Last edited by pibbur who; Today at 01:08.

pibbur who

Number 14
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

Yesterday, 22:15
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post

Another thing you don't need to know is that the word politics is made up of "poly" meaning many and "tics" meaning bloodsucking insects.
While the thread is about things you don't need to know, the things you don't need to know are supposed to be correct things (you don't need to know). So I have to arrest you here.

Tics (or as they are more commonly spelled "ticks") are not insects. Insects have 6 limbs. The Ixodidae have as you can see on the picture below 8 legs, and belong to the Arachnid class (spider like beasts) of arthropods. Doesn't weaken your argument though, as spidery vermin are even more YEEEEEECHY than insects.

pibbur who might have mentioned other issues with the claim if this were in the language thread.
--
d++a63e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!
Last edited by pibbur who; Today at 01:06.

pibbur who

Number 14
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Yesterday, 22:19
I live in Connecticut and out here we loathe ticks.

They are everywhere.
--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Yesterday, 23:29
Although most don’t need to know what I deleted, you do need to know that this was not the thread for this. For the rest who don’t know what this is about, well that is the point of this thread
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…