S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Gameplay Trailer

that looked glorious
made me want replaying the series

Wow, stunning graphics. No question I will be getting this, (like many around here, am a huge Stalker fan) but I'm just wondering what kind of system requirements this one will require to have those kind of visuals. I better start saving up now, lol.

I love the no HUD style. No quest markers, no mini-map, no unnecessary crap anywhere on the screen. I hope we can actually play the game like that.

I'm just wondering what kind of system requirements this one will require to have those kind of visuals. I better start saving up now, lol.

Well, hopefully it's much better optimized than the older titles were.

Drama around the development of STALKER 1 was more interesting than the game. :) This looks spiffy. However I'd prefer it in a presentation of top-down bird's-eye view on an XCOM battlescape. :)

I love the no HUD style. No quest markers, no mini-map, no unnecessary crap anywhere on the screen. I hope we can actually play the game like that.

I'm likely in the minority, but I hope there's an option to use a HUD. Games without something stationary for my eyes to focus on tend to give me extreme nausea.

Yeah I need a HUD and quest markers. Sorry as I tried to play the latest Assassin Creed game and got frustrated at it for the same reason. Modern causal RPGS have ruined me.
Seems about normal nowadays in five years it will probably double in size.

If only my old PC teacher from the 90's was still alive. He thought the 1GB installation sizes for games back then was outrageous. He'd throw a fit nowadays.:biggrin:

Woah, that looks incredible. Very atmospheric.

I might even play this in Russian with English subs.

If only my old PC teacher from the 90's was still alive. He thought the 1GB installation sizes for games back then was outrageous. He'd throw a fit nowadays.:biggrin:

You were installing games on the school PCs? :thinking:

No chance we could do that, there were old Apple IIs :lol: Had to bring my father's PC to demo my thesis back then.

You were installing games on the school PCs? :thinking:

No chance we could do that, there were old Apple IIs :lol: Had to bring my father's PC to demo my thesis back then.
Pfff..back then we were lucky to install and play Sim City at best. Though to answer the question no I meant we used to converse after school about games and other programs.

HD's at that point were only 30-60 GB. I had a Packard Bell with the very first Pentium chip from Intel at that point in time, The school still used the ancient Apple IIs.

Yeah, I guessed so, I was just kidding ;)

I'm surprised how much space games or even simple drivers can take. I'm sure a good part of that is pure laziness from their part. 150 GB for an action game would be stretching it, it better be good.

It's just a Steam estimation though, they probably put a random value at this point.

Like some have mentioned, that is an absolutely great trailer! It gives you some narrative context (for those not familiar with the Stalker universe) and also gives you gameplay too, in a really cleverly done blend. I wish more companies could do the same - or at least in the case of the Outer Worlds 2 trailer, make fun of the fact that they can't/won't . =)

Pre-rendered footage and cp2077 vibes. Pre orders require you to mortgage your house and offer your first born as payment… :rolleyes:

There was in game footage there....

I'm likely in the minority, but I hope there's an option to use a HUD. Games without something stationary for my eyes to focus on tend to give me extreme nausea.

Oh I highly doubt that would be the only option. They're not going to force people to play without a HUD. I expect it'll be customizable in some way.

Back
Top Bottom