Gamedec - Launch Trailer and Launch Party Invite

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Anshar Studios has released launch trailer, and invites us to a give-away launch party!

The time has come!

One day before Gamedec's release, we are thrilled to share the brand-new launch trailer with you. Sit at the bar, grab a drink and listen to gamedecs chatting about their job.

After that, you are welcomed to join us in celebrating the launch on the online launch party with the dev team tomorrow, September 16th, at 9:00, AM PT/17:00 GMT on https://twitch.tv/ansharstudios.

Our excitement is not the only thing that we want to share at the event - we will be giving away some gamedec-essential goods from our partners:

• Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless mouse
  • Elgato Stream Deck v2
  • Corsair Void RGB Elite USB Headset
  • Corsair MM800C RGB Polaris Mousepad
  • Displate Metal Posters
  • MSI baseball caps and backpacks
We can hardly believe that in 24 hours we will show you the outcome of many years of our work. On such an important day, we would be honored to feel supported by our incredible community, so:

Come early, stay late.

More information.

So many games to play I love it. To bad BG3 wasnt released this year as well.:)

Let me rephrase that to games that I love to play. Not mainstream garbage.:p

Last edited:
Yea I have this on wishlist. Buried in games for the first time in my life, which is a good thing.

Tomorrow? I need to rush finishing Pathfinder2.
Just the last area left... Hopefully it ain't as annoying as Enigma.

Yea, I'll have to skip Encased for now, sorry ppl.

That's because you buy all the mainstream trash (Doom, Prey, Mad Max, etc). :p

Another good game to add to the list…

I just realised that this weekend I will be swamped with new games to play, and I must choose one between:

Atom Trudograd
Eastward
Encased
Gamedec
Tales of Arise

And I know I will be nagged to run around Valheim to try the new Hearth & Home content. HALP!

Good trailer. I'll be interested in the reception to this, quality of writing etc.

The trailer is pretty good, accessible. I kickstarted this ages ago, I expect to be doing my other job, harvesting resources in Valheim so the server owner can make iron weapons to slay a Norse God of some kind. GameDec has some pretty solid concepts so I will eventually check it out.

PC Gamer "loved" the game:
https://www.pcgamer.com/gamedec-review/

Gamedec had heaps of promise, but the bugs, inconsistencies and that jarring pivot leave it feeling rushed and confused. And it's all the more disappointing because it's so obvious that there's a great game in here somewhere, it just didn't get finished.

5.8/10

I just saw that when I was browsing it. I really like the concept, but I think I will give it some time and get something else for now.

pc gamer are worthless since they gave 94 or 92 to dragon age 2 lol
anyway this looks more like an adventure, not sure if im interested

pc gamer are worthless since they gave 94 or 92 to dragon age 2 lol
anyway this looks more like an adventure, not sure if im interested
Kinda agree but it's a different PCGamer nowadays as most of that staff is gone.

It's positive to mixed on Metacritic at the moment (73), with scores of 50% to 90%. They're quite divided.

The style of the game may have a lot to do with it, recent games like Pathfinder had bugs on the release and the critics acknowledged that fact, but that didn't damage its score very much.

I wasn't convinced by the demo; if I played it right now and saw bugs, I would definitely be biased because of this if I had to give an opinion. Or biased in the opposite way than a Pathfinder, for which I can forgive much more because I appreciate many features.

Kinda agree but it's a different PCGamer nowadays as most of that staff is gone.
True, but the new staff is even worse.

Past few years PCGamer became mmoGamer, phoneGamer and remasterGamer.
Today they've refreshed their 100 the best PC games.
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/top-100-pc-games-2021/
Just peek at the last 10 games on that list.
mmos, phoneware and ME legendary edition.

And their biggest sin in my eyes was when they gave goty to MGS5 and not TW3.
And why did they do that?
Because MGS5 has a mmo feature bundled (you don't have to play it ever and still 100% the game though), while TW3 is strictly singleplayer.

I admit, if I was picking ten games of a decade myself, MGS5 would be in it as it's too crazy to be true. But objectively, when in each game you take writing, content, size, sound/music and tech in the mix, TW3 is the #1 game of the decade. Being RPG doesn't really matter, the only not that good thing you can point is combat getting too easy too fast. But hell, which game doesn't get too easy once you get to know it?

And per PCG, it didn't deserve even the game of the year title.
I wasn't convinced by the demo; if I played it right now and saw bugs, I would definitely be biased because of this if I had to give an opinion. Or biased in the opposite way than a Pathfinder, for which I can forgive much more because I appreciate many features.
I've postponed playing it because I cannot fight against more bugs after P2 chapter 5. ;)
It's on my to play list definetly, but after I see some serious patching.
Must every game today compete with Skyrim? :)

I've postponed playing it because I cannot fight against more bugs after P2 chapter 5. ;)
It's on my to play list definetly, but after I see some serious patching.
Must every game today compete with Skyrim? :)
I can imagine you're reached the tolerance limit for the next few weeks ;)

I'm progressing slowly on purpose, with Pathfinder. I wouldn't like to get bad memories of this game because of early release bugs. Hard to resist though.

Hi guys, Matt from Anshar indie company here. We know that PC Gamer didn't go soft with the game - they played the pre-release build for the last two weeks. In two weeks a lot can happen and we've made sure to use this time as much as we could. Yesterday we delivered the launch patch which fixes almost everything Fraser was referring to [bugs, localization issues].

With the review keys, we attached a document with a list of things we will fix on the release with the newer build, but he reviewed what he got and we cannot blame him.

There were outlets out there who reached out for support and the info about the state of the game and we were helping them almost 24/7 [like GameStar from Germany] and you can see it in the review [not just the score]. What we can ask is to check the Metascore and look at how different reviewers see the game before making any decision.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/gamedec

Hi Matt thanks for the visit and patching clarification.

Don't worry too much.
As you may see above, many of us on this site do not really care about PCGamer's reviews. ;)
But their silly reviews do deserve an anecdotal reference.

And I know I will be nagged to run around Valheim to try the new Hearth & Home content. HALP!

From Valheim's Steam page, I see it is tagged as 'Online co-op'. Can we play it single-player? Do you think is it worth?

Back
Top Bottom