Stasis Labs - Games Re-Imagined as Isometric

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of the funded game Stasis have created a few screenshots of what a few released games might have looked as 2D isometric RPGs.

The games include Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Assaassin's Creed 4, Crusader: No Remorse, and Blade Runner. Just visit the following link for the images.

Bioshock

Bioshock_Stasis_2-300x168.jpg
More information.

This has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Ehm...

Wouldn't it be easier to adjust the camera angle in whatever engine?

Wasn't Crusader: No Remorse already isometric?

Wasn't Crusader: No Remorse already isometric?

The difference is probably word "RPG". They show how isometric action would look like as isometric RPG. :biggrin:

Wouldn't it be easier to adjust the camera angle in whatever engine?

This

Actually I love the ability in a RTS game to switch into a 3rd or 1st person perspective ala Spellforce or Savage not the other way around. I think Dragon Age got the camera right with different options available.

This has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

I agree Aubrielle.:handshake:

Now as for the rest of you.

I don't have a problem with any of the images as they are just mock-ups of what the developer thinks they should look like. So I'll be moving on now as I said my opinion.

Those images are fantastic. I can't wait for the new wave of isometric rpgs. :)

By making it flashier and prettier?

It was a joke.
But I can answer that term "RPG" is very flexible in game industry nowadays, right? Maybe one day all flashy and pretty games will be called RPGs. :lol:

Very cool! I would play (and pay for) an isometric Bioshock. Granted, it would need some re-design in the gameplay department, of course, but the idea of an isometric Bioshock RPG is tantalizing.

To say nothing of a new Blade Runner game - any game. Isometric, first person, third person, shooter, RPG, adventure, no matter.

I would kill for a new Crusader (that is as good as the originals), it's one of my all time favorites.

Back
Top Bottom