Cyberpunk 2077 - RPG Mechanics Detailed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Wccftech Capt. Huggy Face noticed some news about Cyberpunk 2077 which details some of the RPG mechanics.
Cyberpunk 2077 RPG Mechanics, Leveling Detailed; Additional Languages Confirmed

Cyberpunk 2077, the next big RPG from Polish developer CD Projekt Red, is still quite far from release, but it seems like the team already has a good idea on how some of the game’s mechanics and leveling will work.

A few hours ago, the game’s Official Twitter profile revealed some additional information on stats and how players will be able to increase them. Skills and Perks have also been detailed, and it seems like the game’s mechanics will not be too different from the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

[…]
More information.

Can't wait to decapitate corporate gunmen with my fingertip monofilament whip!

Trying not to spoil myself. I avoid most posts about 2077, but it's always good to hear about a focus on good mechanics.

It is such a good shooter the guy must remember it is a RPG, this in an article claiming to be about RPG mechanics.

Must be ignored to keep the narrative going on.

Aren't you getting bored with that constant sniping from the outfield Chien?

Probably before others got tired from theirs. Everyone is not equal. Especially as they gang up.

But "Dog-piling" is a well known internet phenomenon. And while I can sympathize when somebody gets dog-piled involuntarily but, when somebody kind of asks for it on multiple occasions, I consider it a masochism rather than a victimhood...

Indeed, not a lot of information on RPG mechanics in the article. I think the link should have been set to the brief twitter post here, which is also far from detailed:
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1022482194059730945

Regarding the first impressions article, personally I always preferred manual aiming over random hit chances on a selected target, but understand that this is a matter of preference. I think having some weapons require manual aim and some having a hit chance might be the best of both worlds, although it is not a new idea: for example, Elite Dangerous and other flight simulator style games had this for a while. Either way, for me an RPG is about combat and leveling up also, but more importantly provides incentives to explore a rich new world in which it tells a worthwhile story. The article is hopeful and somewhat pessimistic in that regard, and I hope the latter turns out to be premature.

Either way, although this game has been on my radar for a long time, given how scarce my time to play games is these days, I will have no difficulties waiting for reviews before a purchase.

But "Dog-piling" is a well known internet phenomenon. And while I can sympathize when somebody gets dog-piled involuntarily but, when somebody kind of asks for it on multiple occasions, I consider it a masochism rather than a victimhood…
Dog piling require multiple people. One is not enough.

Back
Top Bottom