Neverwinter Nights: EE - Released on GOG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released on GOG.

Lady Aribeth, you'll never walk alone.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is now available DRM-free, 25% off until October 18th 1pm UTC. Neverwinter Nights Diamond is now included in the Enhanced Edition as a free bonus goodie. Current owners of Diamond get an additional 25% off when purchasing the Enhanced Edition.The D&N epic returns, now with subtle graphical improvements and a completely rebuilt multiplayer system, backwards compatible with all the mods, modules, and save games you were using in the original.Get the Digital Deluxe Edition which includes several adventure modules, the game's Soundtrack and the Heroes of Neverwinter pack or grab each of them separately.

Thanks Lucky Day!

More information.

You also get 50% discount now if you already have the diamond edition.

One question that I have for those who tried the EE edition: did they implement a better mouse look for navigation like in DA:O (keyboard left and right are for strafing - not turning - and right mouse button for navigation and looking)? I remember trying the original and struggling with the controls.

Is it also worth getting the deluxe edition, in other words are the premium modules worth the extra cost?

Thanks

Last edited:
I think so for Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and Darkness over Daggerford. Infinite Dungeon is interesting from a technical PoV (randomized dungeons), but not the style I prefer.

You get the 25 % bonus for Diamon edition owners also on top of the Deluxe Edition, i.e. 60 % in total.

When they include all the premium content at a sensible price for a 16 year-old game, I'd consider it.

The video doesn't show what's different about the EE from the original for people who know nothing about this game. For these people, this still looks like a game from 2002...

The video doesn't show what's different about the EE from the original for people who know nothing about this game. For these people, this still looks like a game from 2002…
The graphics where updated slightly but it was an engine update. I would have loved if the graphics got a major overhaul, but that was never the focus of the Enhanced Edition.

Link - https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#03

• Improved Display: Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on your chosen resolution including 1080p and 4k.
  • Advanced Graphics Options: Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Enable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options as preferred.
  • Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.
  • Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights. A galaxy of community created content awaits.
I've compared both versions of this game and the EE runs better.

@Couchpotato;
Thanks for listing that. It's too bad that the devs didn't communicate what's "enhanced" in their video though... might have a positive effect with sales if they did.

Meh. Asides from better Aribeth model, little improvement. Could've added some improvements from NWN 2 ( especially the camera, hehe).

I found their scaling to be pretty bad and just making things look stretched and pixelated.
The old setting large fonts for high res works well enough for me in 4k, maybe down the line when I want to play in 8k the new scaling would be appreciated?

Anyway with 60% off I found the pricing to be decent enough to just buy it anyhow.
Was supposed to check it out on a pirated copy first but I was just too lazy to bother.

I'd say it runs slightly smoother than original and multitasking feel a bit faster but really no borderless window mode!?

For the full asking price I'd really say they are scamming people.

The graphics were improved? It's hard to tell.
NWN: Diamond Edition vs. NWN: EE With All Advanced Filters
DiamondEdition.tga
DiamondEdition.tga
DiamondEdition.tga
NWNComparisonAllFilters.png

NWN: Diamond Edition vs. NWN: EE With Vibrancy Filter
NWNComparisonVibrancy.png

NWNComparisonComparisonNoFilter.png
NWN: Diamond Edition vs. NWN: EE With Depth Of Field Filter
NWNComparisonDepthOfField.png

NWNComparisonComparisonNoFilter.png
NWN: Diamond Edition vs. NWN: EE With High Contrast Filter
NWNComparisonHighContrast.png

NWN: Diamond Edition vs. NWN: EE With No Filters
NWNComparisonNoFilter.png

…maybe down the line when I want to play in 8k the new scaling would be appreciated?"

I finally just got a nice 4k TV. HOW DARE YOU MENTION 8K. I just got this thing. 8k will never exist lalalalalalalalaaaa… ;)

It's worth it for the UI scaling and Vibrancy/High Contrast options alone. Vibrancy makes the game look a lot better and more colorful without overdoing it. The UI scaling is sweet when I was gaming on 4K, rather than a tiny, unplayable standard UI. Back to 1080p monitor and the scaling works great.

Sorry CP, but I guess you can only polish a turd so much. The NWN models are still ugly. They'll need to remake the creatures to get a decent EE.

Sorry CP, but I guess you can only polish a turd so much. The NWN models are still ugly. They'll need to remake the creatures to get a decent EE.
I already said so in post above. :)

The CEP project can only do so much also.

Still the graphics don't bother me.

You would have to ask Beamdog why a graphic upgrade was not part of the plan. My guess is to much time and resources they did not want to spend on this game.

As this was a side project from the other team working on the infinity games.

Last edited:
Does the Steam version (potentially) make installing modules quicker / easier (i.e., through the Workshop)? I could see that being a reason to get the Steam version as installing modules with lots of custom content can really be a pain.

Even though I think Beamdog is really over-charging a lot for very minimal enhancements to such an old game, I may eventually want to get it because of the upcoming EE revamps / continuations of module series (ex: the creator of the "Sanctum of the Archmage" series already has a EE version of his existing modules & is now working on the next chapter) and some other module creators are possibly doing EE versions... Kale's Rangers creator said he may finish part 3 of his series.

Most ReShade masks have better results than those screenshot comparisons. Graphical updates would probably not be high on my list of reasons to buy this if I were interested (which I am not).

If Beamdog ever wants to put forth some actual effort and give a title such as, say, Wizardry 6 +7 the Bard's Tale Remastered treatment, I might finally buy one of their products.

Beamdog is a weird beast. Repackage games and add stuff that most can get free with mods and profit. Don't see a reason to get this.

Back
Top Bottom