Kingmaker - Play Pathfinder: Kingmaker for Free

Redglyph

proud GASP member
porcozaur has spotted a special offer from Owlcat Games. This weekend, everyone can play Pathfinder: Kingmaker for free. The game also benefits from a 50% discount until the end of the month.

Play Pathfinder: Kingmaker for free

Hello Pathfinders!

You all have played Pathfinder: Kingmaker by now, we presume. But some of you may have friends who haven't played it: either haven't had the opportunity, or maybe don't even know whether they will like that kind of a game or not. We have great news -- this weekend, from 10:00 AM August 27th and till 10 A.M. August 29th (PDT), everyone will be able to play Pathfinder: Kingmaker for free! And purchase the game with a 50% discount until 10 A.M. August the 31st. So tell your hesitating friends, and let's spend a weekend on Golarion together!

Don't forget to join our discord if you need advice or help with your barony. And add Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous to your wishlist if you like the adventure and want more!

See you in the Stolen Lands!
Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

Playing it now for the first time, very nice game. I am not shure if i will turn kingdom management off and just focus on the RPG part.

Playing it now for the first time, very nice game. I am not shure if i will turn kingdom management off and just focus on the RPG part.
Not really. There is an AUTO option for Kingdom management but I strongly advise NOT to use it, it has a bad reputation for making bad decisions and leading to kingdom failure, or even blocking the main quest. Do select 'invincible kingdom' though, as a safety precaution.

Some of the 'Events' in the KM are critical and must be addressed properly for the main quest to continue. You may see that sometimes the next chapter is slow to trigger, especially after a few chapters. It's usually because it's waiting for one of those events to be solved.

There was a kingdom management mod that I absolutely loved.
Then my game updated past it, and it broke and nobody has updated it. Thats kinda where my passion for Kingmaker died. I'll take a look again and see if someone has made another or if someone fixed the original.

hopefully the dlcs will go on sale, ill grab them and replay the game
cant afford to buy the sequel :'(

It's a fun game, just pray that no updates occur whilst you're playing, I had the devils own poor luck with such events the two times I played the game.

No. I did finish the game, and that's enough for me. Not sure if it's one I'll ever replay, even now I wince when I see it in my library. The turn based combat is something that might draw me back at some time, we shall see!

I haven't found the kingdom management aspect to be quite as bad as some people make it out to be. Is it a well implemented feature? No, it can be tedious and repetitive. And in some cases there's glaring shortcomings. For example, you get bonuses for having certain buildings next to each other. But you can't freely rotate the buildings to fit in your limited space so you miss out on bonuses. Fortunately it's not really a big deal.

Probably the most annoying thing is that one of your advisors temporarily becomes unavailable for story reasons and there apparently isn't anyone else in the entire kingdom who can fulfill the role while they're gone. So there's a few problems that can't be dealt with in that time and you just take the penalties. They should have had more options for who can fill each advisor role. I'd think having a suboptimal person deal with problems is better than no one dealing with them.

But for the most part it's a feature you can click through without much thought. Just assign someone to deal with as many problems as you can, upgrade when you can, etc. Don't stress too much if you can't successfully resolve every event.

I haven't found the kingdom management aspect to be quite as bad as some people make it out to be. Is it a well implemented feature? No, it can be tedious and repetitive.

Yeah, it's not that bad. I just thought it was distracting, tedious and annoying. I think it might have been an even better game without it. Still, the game remain truly excellent.

But for the most part it's a feature you can click through without much thought. Just assign someone to deal with as many problems as you can, upgrade when you can, etc. Don't stress too much if you can't successfully resolve every event.

What difficulty did you have the kingdom management set at?

What difficulty did you have the kingdom management set at?

Hmm, I'm playing the game on Challenging and I didn't tweak anything IIRC. Looks like the Kingdom Management is set to "normal" though.

Now I'm very near the endgame (final chapter) the events have become much tougher to succeed at. Unfortunately it seems I won't reach 10 in every Kingdom stat. Though it doesn't really matter at this point.

Back
Top Bottom