Delphyq - Tactics/Strategy Game in Development

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Delphyq is a tactics/strategy game currently in development. You can check out the Steam page here. Additionally the developers have an AMA (ask me anything) on reddit that answers a few questions.

Delphyq is a Real-time Strategy & Tactics game that puts you in the seat of a Mastermind, requiring you to analyze the current situation, evaluate the available resources, choose the missions, plan the attack and execute the plan.

Take control of an elite combat squadron known as the Operatives and bring an end to the tyrannical corporate armistice known as The Balance.

REAL TACTICS IN REAL TIME:

In Delphyq, combat does not happen in turns. The enemy won't wait until you're done firing. That's why the game provides you access to a robust waypoint and command system which allows you to perform real life military tactics and maneuvers, like Slice The Pie, Flanking, Suppressive Fire, and more.

TAKE COVER:

The battlefield is an ally to the mindful. Delphyq's Dynamic Cover System guarantees that nearby cover is always available wherever units may be, allowing you to keep your Operatives alive as they take down the enemy, one area at a time.

BE THE MASTERMIND:

Analyze. Plan. Execute. Plan from the top and work your way to the bottom with Delphyq's engaging Overworld and Corkboard with the Intel planning system.

WE DON'T PLAY WITH DICE:

There's no such thing as luck in Delphyq. Every hit, miss, victory and defeat are all dictated by your strategy, not a random number generator.

NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS:

Intrigue and plot twists abound! Follow the story of the ragtag militant team - Operatives, as they commit to the daunting task of taking down the corrupt corporation called 'The Balance'. Witness as the story unfolds with one revelation after another, all culminating into an unexpected conclusion.

HIGHLIGHTS

Delphyq is a real time tactics game, one that puts you in the role of a mastermind in command of an elite group of combatants known as the Operatives. Every move, every decision, every action and reaction you make will influence and decide the outcome of each encounter you will face along the way.

One thing that separates Delphyq from the rest of the strategy and tactics crowd is the way it simulates real combat. Delphyq is not a turn-based game; despite it having a pause mechanic, combat is still handled in real-time. The game's waypoints, look direction and dynamic cover systems open doors for intense, strategic and memorable encounters. Advanced functions such as GoCodes and Operative skills provide access to deeper tactical maneuvers to deal with the game's extremely intelligent utility-based AI enemies.

Each AI unit functions in conjunction with its environment; depending on the situation, it will also try to coordinate with other AI in the field, and will attempt to flank the Operatives and/or engage them through the use of cover.

The game's Permadeath feature reinforces mastery, putting more weight in every decision made throughout the course of the game. Mastery of the game's systems is an essential element in fulfilling the mastermind role.
More information.

I am glad that it is not one of the many tens and hundreds of turn-based games that are released every day with no dice rolls.

It looks like a futuristic rainbow six of the old days, which is good.

Bravo there's to many TB RPGs with dice rolls. :cool:

tenor.gif

WE DON'T PLAY WITH DICE:

There's no such thing as luck in Delphyq. Every hit, miss, victory and defeat are all dictated by your strategy, not a random number generator.
That it's real time is icing on the cake.:p

Last edited:
I'm a TB snob but still, this looks kinda cool. And it looks like maybe you can pause as needed to issue orders? Worth keeping an eye on, even as someone who lives his life mostly in TB mode. =)

Nod, I also much prefer turn based for games like this, yet that doesn't preclude me from playing a good one. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Realtime would just be unplayable I guess. RTwP...depends on how often you got to hit pause.
I would have wished for a format like frozen synapse or Broken Lines, where you have no manual pause but automatic ones after x seconds and need to plan ahead.

Back
Top Bottom