Stardew Valley - Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
If farming, exploration and building are your thing than Stardew Valley might be something for you.

Developer Concernedape has released their country-life RPG, Stardew Valley.

The game is now available on PC, for $14.99. In Stardew Valley, you inherit your grandfather’s old plot of farmland in the region of the same name, Stardew Valley.

You’ll be tasked with starting your new life with nothing but hand-me-down tools, a bit of money, and your own personal aspirations. You’ll have lots of options to pursue: a thriving farm, a marriage, and of course – restoring Stardew Valley back to its former glory, in spite of the Joja Corporation’s slow erosion of the community.

Here are the game’s key features:

• Turn your overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more! You’ll have plenty of space to create the farm of your dreams.
  • Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging. As you progress, you’ll learn new cooking and crafting recipes, unlock new areas to explore, and customize your skills by choosing from a variety of professions.
  • Become part of the local community. With over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, you won’t have a problem finding new friends! Each person has their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cutscenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year. As you make friends with them, they will open up to you, ask you for help with their personal troubles, or tell you their secrets! Take part in seasonal festivals such as the luau, haunted maze, and feast of the winter star.
  • Explore a vast, mysterious cave. As you travel deeper underground, you’ll encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones, raw materials for crafting and upgrading tools, and mysteries to be uncovered.
  • Breathe new life into the valley. Since JojaMart opened, the old way of life in Stardew Valley has changed. Much of the town’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair. Help restore Stardew Valley to it’s former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.
  • Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 10 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cutscenes. Once married, your partner will live on the farm with you. Who knows, maybe you’ll have kids and start a family?
  • Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots. The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!
  • Donate artifacts and minerals to the local museum.
  • Cook delicious meals and craft useful items to help you out. With over 100 cooking and crafting recipes, you’ll have a wide variety of items to create. Some dishes you cook will even give you temporary boosts to skills, running speed, or combat prowess. Craft useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.
  • Customize the appearance of your character and house. With hundreds of decorative items to choose from, you’ll have no trouble creating the home of your dreams!
  • Xbox controller support (with rumble)! (Keyboard still required for text input)
  • Over two hours of original music.
Thanks Eye.

More information.

Last edited:
I recommend this game.

This game is awesome…so much to do in it. It is kind of an rpglite in the fact you have to cultivate relationships and have inventories as well as skills that go up. I'm really enjoying it so far.

BTW you have a typo in the description...stardew valley not shadow valley.

I absolutely loved this game! Playing nonstop, I had to suspend the other games I was playing (Life is Strange and a second Pillars of Eternity playthrough).

If you're even remotely insterested in Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon or Rune Factory, this is a mixed, better version of those!

I really recommend it.

A new Harvest Moon, this time for PC? Cool. Gotta try it someday. Loved the old Playstation Harvest Moon, but never finished (I can't really remember why).

A new Harvest Moon, this time for PC? Cool. Gotta try it someday. Loved the old Playstation Harvest Moon, but never finished (I can't really remember why).
Not only Harvest Moon. It also incorporates combat elements, like Rune Factory and collectibles, like Animal Crossing. Add to that PC's quality of life and interface improvements and voilá! A winner!

Having no background with the games everyone references as influences, I have to say what intrigues me most is the Terraria like feel (hopefully with less tedious combat), the resource gathering, building, crafting, exploration, and the NPC community. I'm assuming also randomly generated world. I'm afraid of the time sink, so I'm still holding off on it...

Sim Farm! By MAXIS :) Playable on windows 3.1

If it was by Maxis, it'd be boredom.
There would be no monsterkilling and there would be no romances - while this game has those parts too.

Seems whoever bought it on Steam or GOG is praisehappy. Is this turning into a new Minecraft from zero to bestseller case?

I've been following this one for years. It honestly exceeded my expectations. It not only provides a fun game but it feels like it brings back a lot of what made games good a long time ago. You can tell this is a labour of love by the one developer.

Strongly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom