What games are you playing now?

Mine is 3440x1442 but its not the total number of pixels that interest me but the wide aspect ratio. You actually see more of the game world and I find that immersive. Another things is that, I can't really tell the difference between say 50FPS and 100FPS!

For example, ACO was running at around 50/60 FPS on my PC but I couldn't tell the difference on the PS4 which is only 30FPS as you mentioned!

I wounder if its to do with my eye sight. Its been 3 years since I got my eyes checked lol!

Well, I think it's more about denial ;)

Though, I would probably describe it more as a feeling than a visual experience. To me, there's a HUGE (as in gigantic) difference between playing a game at 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

I stop being able to tell the difference at around 80-100 FPS. Anything above that is not important to me - but I can still tell that FPS is higher to some degree.

does it have much of a single player campaign or is it mostly mp ?
Mostly mp.
There are plenty of instanced areas where you can be by yourself, though. It's not like a lot of MMOs where there are dozens of people turning up to kill a story baddy and ruining your immersion.
(apologies for very late reply)
The trial is substantial; you should try it if in doubt.

The only reason I own consoles is for the exclusives. It's an unhealthy obsession of mine that I want to have access to all games.
If you didn't add that sentence, I'd put you the most important thumb up on that post.

Anyway, as I'm about to go on a business trip (I'm already stressed as I need to travel 16 bloody hours split in two as usual) I'm not playing anything.
Can't bring myself to it.

To pass the time before I go and return, I'm clicky clicky those stupid browser milking scams like Zero Hero.

Started playing Thea again.
I find strategy games easier to play than rpgs as they require less investment and are still fun.

I think it's a fun game. I will likely lose this first one as I'm a bit rusty.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm playing two at the moment. Subsistence-a survival game and another about a demon apocalypse that's a builder/crafter/survival mix. Just waiting on a decent crpg to come out. I also play a few hours of Skyrim or Fallout 4 each week.

Elex for me. Many of the quests I am leaving uncompleted until I can pass the conversation skill tests without killing the NPC or have enough combat power to take out the enemies. Finding out that using pickpocket to get quest items can confuse the game. Wanted to avoid confrontation and couldn't pass the skill tests (which are rather ridiculous) so I got the drugs for Doc via pickpocket, turned them in to Doc, and quest is complete. But I still have the quest conversation options with the pickpocket victim afterwards, and the quest item wasn't removed from my inventory.. lol!

Today I started finally playing Rogue Wizards. It reminds me of Torchlight in appearance, but it incorporates turns into combat. I've only played four hours and so far it is quite fun.

Subsistence isn't really very far along. The guy has placeholder stuff in most cases. I've set it aside for 6 months and will take a look then. I replaced it with a game called Hold your own instead. The premise of this one seems to be that you've been dumped on a set of islands that are populated by big game hunters. It seems that they couldn't be satisfied with just wolves and bears; they're also going to be hunting you. You'll start off with an axe and a pistol, but you'll need to quickly build shelter and try to get some type of workbench going so you can gear up. The hunter AI isn't really very advanced yet, but you'll die quick if you don't get some armor and you'll need places to store your gear from since you can't carry a whole lot. Pretty fun so far. No RPG mechanics were harmed in the creation of this game :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/717790/Hold_Your_Own/

$15 atm

Currently playing Bloodborne . Its bloody hard! Its been ages since I played Dark Souls 3 and it seems I have lost all my muscle memory for this kind of game. If I don't improve quickly, I might stop for a while since a game like this is not suitable to start/stop play style because of the muscle memory issues.

Well, as always with Ubisoft games - ACO has started to drag. I'm around level 20 now - and things have stopped progressing in terms of "new stuff", and though I haven't focused that much on the main story - those missions have been rather disappointing in terms of mechanics and set pieces.

As in, there's really not much difference between a side quest and a main story mission - and though the game might still evolve - it seems it's really rather limited in terms of ways to approach missions - as are the challenges themselves.

With a fully upgraded Predator bow - I can take out anything with minimal effort, which - while cool - gets a little predictable. Combat on "Hard" is still decently challenging in melee if I get swamped, but the game is all too forgiving in terms of running away after being spotted. There's no danger unless I stop and pull my daggers out.

It's probably just me being impatient - and I'm sure some of the upcoming missions will present more of a challenge, but I've all but lost my motivation to progress.

I wonder if I will ever complete a game again. Think the last game was Prey back in March or something.

---

On the upside - I had a long D:OS2 session yesterday with my brother and a mutual friend - and that was great fun. Finally got my 3 source points - and my Rogue is back to kicking some serious ass, when he isn't being targeted by everything :)

My brother is the kind of guy who's always looking for exploits in the magic system - and I have to say I think he's succeeded with the combination of me (undead) and the Artillery Plant. Pretty sick amounts of poison damage that heals me at the same time! ;)

Cmon, ACO is better than TW3. You said it, not me. I'd never ever say that.
I did say the game is easy even on hard. The only challenging trashmob type is elephants - till you get hold on lifesteal (healthleech or whatever you'll call it) weaponry.

I've kicked all rogues out of my party in DOS2. No reason to have any as pickpocket is available to anyone plus mages do some serious AoE damage and outDPS any rogue.

Cmon, ACO is better than TW3. You said it, not me. I'd never ever say that.

I said the gameplay was better, which it is. Not that it takes much to accomplish that.

I've kicked all rogues out of my party in DOS2. No reason to have any as pickpocket is available to anyone plus mages do some serious AoE damage and outDPS any rogue.

You're doing something wrong :)

Gameplay? Are you playing games on Nintendo gameboy to not notice anything else?

I'm not doing anything wrong. You just didn't saw what tornado can do to a trashmob group with Fane in the party.

Gameplay? Are you playing games on Nintendo gameboy to not notice anything else?

This is joxer speak for "I have no argument" ;)

I'm not doing anything wrong. You just didn't saw what tornado can do to a trashmob group with Fane in the party.

I thought you were talking about DPS potential - not flashy spells. My mistake!

What no arguments. I was clear in every previous post. Gameplay is the least thing I care about in games. I don't like twitchyness nor play games on autoaim mushrooms.
But sure, someone not caring about something you can't live without means no arguments to you.

And I was talking about why rogues can't have place in my DOS2 party. Not about lack of hairworks.

Well, I can't play either of those games without CBBE :) I'll have to stick to Conan Exiles. I'm still playing Hold your own. Not a crpg, just a survival kick I'm on for the last 6 months or so. I generally enjoy resource collecting and crafting and this game has it in spades.

Back
Top Bottom