Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Early Combat Test

Looks nice and realistic - looking forward to this game and it seems they have strong vision/drive to do something different

The camera shaking gives the illusion of powerful strikes, yet the defender's sword and arms don't look like they're absorving the impacts. There should be some kind of "recoil", when parrying someone's charging strikes.

I have high hopes for this one. It really seems that they make a game that can significantly add to the genre.
Combat looks like it takes a bit to get used to, but that's generally not a problem.

I have high hopes for this one. It really seems that they make a game that can significantly add to the genre.
Combat looks like it takes a bit to get used to, but that's generally not a problem.

I think they have a lot of good ideas and a pretty good base to work with. I'm starting to get the feeling(I hope I'm wrong) that things are not going as smooth as they expected. I thought that they would have been much further along than they are. It seems at this rate release is years away.

Hope someone who has been following them closer and say otherwise.

I hope you can turn off the camera shake or that they tone it down. The recoil on the defender looks more appropriate to the strength of the blow of the attacker while the shake is far stronger than merited

The camera shaking gives the illusion of powerful strikes, yet the defender's sword and arms don't look like they're absorving the impacts. There should be some kind of "recoil", when parrying someone's charging strikes.

No, its ok (small issue). Most power is absorded by a sword easily. Even in box you can hit opponent without any visible recoil. What is inappropriate is that camera shaking.

I'm surprised to see the combat is in third person perspective. I thought this was going to be a strictly first person game and that is what I recall from gameplay footage last year… Did they change it or plan on giving players the option?

Back
Top Bottom