Fallout 76 - Players Offered Compensation

Personally, I go the distance when I have an issue with a service or product. First, I'll que up for a refund. If that goes fine, no issues or delays in getting my funds back, that's the end of it. If not.....then I get medieval. I don't whine on the computer, I'll talk to people in person. I'm not looking to rile up thousands or millions, but I will cost them every friend or family member that I have in lost monies, especially if said family/friend member is a known user/patron. I take a personal joy in it, to be honest. I try to be happy and harmonious, but when riled up I can strike back with great vengeance and furious anger.

The whining is totally justified though. This is an attempt to bank huge cash on a beloved IP while doing a minimal effort:
Radial (automatic) generated quests only
No NPC so no dialog
Textures and assets reused from other games
Gameplay directly taken of Fo4 with nothing new
An area chosen because of the beautiful landscapes but its lack of striking landmarks so a free run for the automatic landscape generator with a minimal human interaction.
No main story
No QA involvement
And obviously MP so the fun is totally DIY.

So anyone is entitled to have fun since that is F04 in a new place without all the costly things (story, quests, special places, new assets etc..).
But anyone is also entitled to think than Bethesda is pushing the "I piss on you" attitude a bit too far.

This is simply not true.

1) There are also static, hand-crafted quests.
2) There is no dialogue system, that is correct.
3) Some assets are reused from F4, but there are many new ones. I've never felt like at any location that it's something copy pasted from previous game. Believe me, this is something that bothers me a lot with the more ambitious mods.
4) Combat and crafting are largely similar to Fallout 4, but other elements such as settlement building are sadly simplified.
5) No two locations are the same (unlike Skyrim or Fallout 3). The game is packed with unique landmarks.
6) There is a decent main story, but the player is very little involved since everybody is dead.

You have a different opinion or has something changed?

Oh no not at all lol. I was mainly making a joke. Everyone talks about how old the engine is and all that.

I wasn't referencing the FO76 complaints really, although they got lumped into the comment I know. I can understand the view point some folks have towards it and being unhappy with how it was released and other issues.

The old whining I referenced comes from seeing the same tired old posts coming from the same people over and over anytime a Beth game is mentioned. Heck you don't even have to have the thread on it. Even a whiff of a connection to a Beth game can bring out the same people with their same tired posts about how Fallout 1 and 2 are the only real FO's, how all Beth games suck, blah, blah, blah. Just gets old, to me at least. So I rolled my eyes and made a bad joke. Bad on me.

As for the topic of the actual FO76 game - not a fan. My dislike is not based on the game play though. I have never played it so can hardly make judgements on something I have no direct experience with. Well I could but when it comes to games I think its better to first play them before getting into comments on the game play itself. Not that I haven't sometimes done it anyway :p Just try not to.

But there are some things I can base a decision on without playing:

- Not a fan of online games in general these days
- Strongly dislike any form of PVP what-so-ever in any shape or form
- Very strongly dislike microtransactions in any game, online, co-op, or single.
- Dislike the idea of no NPC's in the world
- I prefer games that have companions in them (NPC ones not other people, I get enough real people in real life)

I am also hesitant about some other things based on what I have read but I would have to actually play the game myself to see if my experience would match what I read ... and because of the previous reasons I don't feel compelled to pick it up. If I get it as a gift then I will try it at least.

In short the game offers me very little of what I like in games. If it gets all patched up, if they make private servers, if it gets a heavy modding base ... maybe I would have more interest.

Oh, let me talk micro-transactions. I haven't spent a coin on atoms and I have over 2000 of them. You don't need to pay for the outfits and stuff, just play the game and you can get all of them for free.

There isn't anything to die for in the store though.

I thought I had a couple hundred hours in this but I got an achievement last night for 76 hours. I wonder if one of the patches reset it. Not that it makes any difference, but I almost feel better that I've only played 100 hours maybe.

Well get ready to see loot-boxes & micro-transactions to be taken out of games. As the FTC is looking at regulating them in games. Hope they fine publishers & developers.

Two downsides is game prices might go up and most games might go online only.

The sad thing about all of this is that Bethesda may not even have to learn anything from this. As they claim, millions are (or have been) playing this game. Most of these people probably paid close to $60 on this. Their scheme to limit "beta" access to pre-orders, which turned out to be nothing but getting access to the game a few days earlier than the rest, locked lots of people into the game. They may have to spend a bit on greasing the online marketing world after "fixing" a few things, and after a while, things blow over. No Man's Sky is a warning example. They managed to make a huge amount of money off that game, twice.

I wonder whether the big gaming companies even care about their reputation nowadays. They don't care if you complain, as long as you pay.

I wonder whether the big gaming companies even care about their reputation nowadays. They don't care if you complain, as long as you pay.

Why would they? Even here we have adults coming to tell us how good this game is and how happy they are to have paid 60$ instead of 30$ one week after because those Bethesda guys deserve all the money of the world to have done all those copy paste with so few mistakes.

Even one guy insists in telling us how good the story is and how great the quests are. He will probably tell us too than the proof the Bethesda guys are so clever is than they invented tapes and computer totally immune to the EMP of a nuclear blast to convey all those quests.

Oh, let me talk micro-transactions. I haven't spent a coin on atoms and I have over 2000 of them.
Of course you do. Expect much more of those.
Time to call the nonexisting taxfree currency: sorryatoms.
https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesdas-s...wer-armor-edition-bag-switch-crisis-is-atoms/
People are pretty unhappy with the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition. In addition to a wearable Power Armor helmet, collectible figurines and steelbook, the US$200 package also came with a canvas duffel bag large enough to fit the Power Armor helmet. Or at least, it was meant to: the duffel bag that shipped wasn't canvas after all, but instead nylon. Nylon being, in most people's opinions, pretty crap, at least compared to canvas.

Outcry ensued, to such an extent that Bethesda has responded on Twitter.
We understand and respect that there is disappointment with the bag in the Power Armor Edition. We are sorry. Please contact Bethesda Support to provide proof of your CE purchase. They will assist in granting your account 500 Atoms.
Better than any recent Hollywood's comedy.

One review summed it up as : "Technically, creatively and morally bankrupt".. seems pretty spot on.

Latest part: https://imgur.com/a/kjLpvog

They said bag from collector's edition made from "canvas material", turned out it's cheap nylon. Said it was ( from original photo) a prototype and too expensive to make, that they're not planning to do anything about it.

Their twitter response? No refunds ( it costs 200$ I think), but you get extra five hundred atoms ( five bucks worth of microtransactions) :biggrin:

Edit: Joxer beat me to it. :oops:

Better than any recent Hollywood's comedy.

UpTPuVW.jpg

Fake monies or bullshit monies are even better in my opinion, and more accurate. Pretend is pretty good though, got a chuckle out of me!

I cannot even imagine my outrage, had I bought this shambling mess. It likely would have exceeded my ire with the Origin platform.

They are only doing that because they saw they were potentially facing a huge class action lawsuit from people who bought the two hundred dollar edition, and where Bethesda obviously did a bait and switch, and that lawsuit would have cost them millions because it would have won. You can't do that crap, no matter what idiot fanboys may say - fanboys be damned. You can't falsely advertise a product and then the consumer gets it and sees it is something much cheaper and different than what you advertised, it's pretty simple.

And yea, there will always be people with really shitty taste who will praise something of really awful quality, that is not surprising. I can name any movie in the world, any crappy boy band in the world, most modern art these days which is like throwing paint (literally) on a canvas, and calling it good, and there will be people who will say it is a work of genius and the most amazing music/movie/painting ever...:roll:

Some people just have really really bad tastes, and wouldn't know what quality is if it hit them upside the head. :p

Just a tiny note - something cheaper doesn't automatically mean low quality. ;)
Alo bad taste doesn't always mean mostly appreciation of low quality stuff.

Careful though, it's Bethesda. It's still possible the new bags fly backwards.

I totally expect the new bags to be too small for the power armor helmet.

(read: I hope for more drama. :biggrin:)

Back
Top Bottom