Hellgate London - Coming to Steam

Lasted this for an hour or two. Gameplay was far too weak for something so centered around it, plus rpg mechanics were poorly implemented.
Best thing about the game was opening/trailer.

This game truly never dies!
I played it a while as single-player back when, but it got old fast. You could pay for the "DLC" with ingame money which was cool, though.

Question is, will the multiplayer content (which you could experience without actually having other players) be available in the single player game?

So according to the press release and information taken off Steam it seems the new owners of the game finally updated the single-player portion of the game.
With the support of many fans, developers have been able to offer the latest version of Hellgate: London game in the Steam. Hellgate: London provides a single play environment with the latest version (Version 2.0) of the Hellgate: Tokyo service.The game provides single play optimized scenario contents and premium support items.
Now If recall correctly a large chuck of content was only available to play in online mode before. So in theory its an updated product, but the question is it worth buying again?

I'd probably buy this simply to message my continued interest. :D

Unless it becomes a messy release, that is.

Never liked this game. Weak and repetitive gameplay, as others have said. You might as well play digital pachinko.
giphy.gif

Never liked this game. Weak and repetitive gameplay, as others have said. You might as well play digital pachinko.
giphy.gif

Well it is as weak and repetitive as any Diablo like game. It was never meant to be anything more than a 1st person Diablo (or over the shoulder camera Diablo). And it worked well as such a game.

warframe is better
immortal unchained is better

the incoherence of design is obvious, some might be unaware of certain variables left in the air, while for others those variables are blatant

Well it is as weak and repetitive as any Diablo like game. It was never meant to be anything more than a 1st person Diablo (or over the shoulder camera Diablo). And it worked well as such a game.

i wouldnt call diablo1 repetitive

Did you all know you can play the entire game for free including multiplayer hosted on a server here since last Halloween?:

https://london2038.com/

In fact, I would recommend you do that because the Chinese dev that is launching it is the same one who launched it on Steam a few years ago and eventually killed the game. The Steam launch is just another cash grab. If you want to know what HGL is really about head over to the link above. The version launching on Steam will not have DX10 and will be tweaked to create excessive grind for micro transaction sales.

As PC Gamer points out it got changed into a free to play MMO after it's original release failed. That's probably what you're remembering @joxer;. Now it's going to purel single player.

I'm more excited to see what happens with the game than to actually play it.

Back
Top Bottom