New gaming laptop

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Though I just got one a year ago, someone(my sister) had to much to drink and it might have....well it did get broken.

Here is the one I just ordered.

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 - 78W

Though I just got one a year ago, someone(my sister) had to much to drink and it might have….well it did get broken.

Here is the one I just ordered.

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ
Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 - 78W

What games are you looking forward to playing on it? I am pretty sure it will run current games at 4k resolution, but will be forced to reduce the resolution in the future. IF 4 k isnt a big deal for you this laptop is perfect for you. Personally for me 1440p is like the prefect resolution for me.

Personally, I'd pick i5 6300HQ or 7300HQ based machine over that i7 any day.
Nevertheless, that laptop up there will run TW3 hairworks with no sweat and that's all that matters in the end.

Damian, what 4K. A laptop with 4K resolution for gaming? I would never ever buy such thing, I'm not a hotel owner and seriously, who plays games on 4K when 60 frames per second is what gamers need, not a slideshow advertised by Sony/Microsoft.
https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/razer-blade-pro

Last edited:
What games are you looking forward to playing on it? I am pretty sure it will run current games at 4k resolution, but will be forced to reduce the resolution in the future. IF 4 k isnt a big deal for you this laptop is perfect for you. Personally for me 1440p is like the prefect resolution for me.

1060 is a 1080p card, you wont get it to play 4k high/ultra settings, medium maybe. What's the screen resolution and size on that laptop?

Personally, I'd pick i5 6300HQ or 7300HQ based machine over that i7 any day.
Nevertheless, that laptop up there will run TW3 hairworks with no sweat and that's all that matters in the end.

Damian, what 4K. A laptop with 4K resolution for gaming? I would never ever buy such thing.

There are such things, i consider them a waste of money, but some people are adamant that they can see the difference at that size and distance and would rather sacrifice graphics and frame rate over it. As i said i think 1440p is the sweet spot.

Shouldn't such people buy console instead?
It's less money spent. Yea, it's also 30 frames per sec max and resolution will in most cases be an upscale, but hey, they don't care about FPS in the first place. Their eyes will care eventually, but that's not our problem.

Anyhow, GPU tech is galloping I bet in a couple of years we'll see an affordable GPU that can do 4K with 60 FPS. But there is no PC game out there that requires 4K display to run, thus I see no reason to jump into mortgage just so you can buy currently superexpensive hardware.

1060 is a 1080p card, you wont get it to play 4k high/ultra settings, medium maybe. What's the screen resolution and size on that laptop?

17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits, Enabled with Tobii Eye-tracking

I don't play a ton of games any more. D:OS 2 will be my next or Elex.

Why not.

Then you need to change something. Cut off unnecessary things. For example, daily facebook fix - if you use that. ;)

Then you need to change something. Cut off unnecessary things. For example, daily facebook fix - if you use that. ;)

Never had Facebook or any of those things....two teenager though

Not sure what age teenager.

But I do remember my teenager years - I wanted to be with friends as much as possible and out of the house as much as possible. I always knew if something serious happens I cannot solve on my own being too young, if shit hits the fan, parents will always be there for me. They respected my privacy, but there was something I didn't like - they tried to force their taste in clothes on me. Of course it didn't work. :)

Okay we didn't have phones and usual turning people into sheep gadgetery so maybe today it's all different.
So sorry for sounding idiotic here, but I still think that IMO teenagers can't kill your gaming time. Give them some more freedom, they'll appreaciate it. Just set the hour they have to return back home and don't spy on them all the time - but once they're late and they'll do it to test you, slap 'em so hard it leaves the red hand on cheek visible in the morning.

In the end it's your kids and your parenting. These are just suggestions. I mean, what's the worst thing they can grow into if you let them be on their own some more time than they currently are? A RPGwatch troll. Ain't that bad, right? ;)

Shouldn't such people buy console instead?
It's less money spent. Yea, it's also 30 frames per sec max and resolution will in most cases be an upscale, but hey, they don't care about FPS in the first place. Their eyes will care eventually, but that's not our problem.

Anyhow, GPU tech is galloping I bet in a couple of years we'll see an affordable GPU that can do 4K with 60 FPS. But there is no PC game out there that requires 4K display to run, thus I see no reason to jump into mortgage just so you can buy currently superexpensive hardware.

Besides, if I was to use an external monitor on a laptop, i'd rather go for an ultrawide over a 4k. You're pushing less pixels, and that extra horizontal real-estate gives more "usable" viewing area. In my opinion at least. A 1060 GPU is more than enough for a 2560x1080 screen.

17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits, Enabled with Tobii Eye-tracking

You're good to go then, at least as far as size and resolution go. You should be able to play almost all current games at 60fps ultra settings, and you should be able to play games in the next 7 to 8 years while gradually lowering the details. That's of course just a prediction based on the past trends in system requirements.

Besides, if I was to use an external monitor on a laptop, i'd rather go for an ultrawide over a 4k. You're pushing less pixels, and that extra horizontal real-estate gives more "usable" viewing area. In my opinion at least. A 1060 GPU is more than enough for a 2560x1080 screen.

I project to my 60 inch curved he smart tv

Back
Top Bottom