Gothic 3 Chalice Quest fixed

noway Maylander that just doesn't make sence. rune magic was destroyed their is no way to grant any kind of magic skills to anyone without the use of artifacts. why restore the chalices at all then if Rhobar could just grant you the skil? i could be wrong as its been over 6 months since i've played the game but are you positive you can learn the paladin skill before restoring the chalices? the fire chalices while not a main quest like you pointed out are still highly important to the game story wise at lease. if the chalices of 12 long dead paladins can restore/give magic to current day paladins doesn't that seem like a logical source of power to give yourself the powers as well. if the hero never was a paladin earlier wouldn't it be a lot more difficult realisticly to grant you paladin powers than to restore those of a veteren.

also are you possibliy confusing the timing when you can get master innos magic with the paladin skill? paladin magic is only a part of all of innos's power, the fire mages don't know paladin magic for example and vice versa.

You can get the paladin skill either way. When you talk to Rhobar there are two options to learn the paladin skill, one at the root of his dialogue and the other in the training sub menu. If you have done the chalice quest you can choose the root one and if you have joined innos you do the one listed next to all the other training options. Although, you have to side with innos to get the root one as well so it is kind of a moot point. (selecting the root option resulted in invisible text for me)

I am guessing the whole thing is pretty bugged.

To me it doesnt make sense to give a chalice to a Nordmar warrior. There was after all twelve paladins, only one them fell and got killed by the hero on his trek to the desert... Unlike certain perks that quest seemed fine to me.

Innos himself grants the player magic. That's why you have to wait untill you've sided with him to learn the highest talents from Rhobar.

Hmmm... thanks, Bart, but that site is pretty semi-professional :) . I didn't even know they had this traffic limit crap anymore. This stuff sooo reminds me of the 90s...

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

But I can top this. I have an even more semi-professional link for you guys :biggrin: . Here: http://www.akella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9056&page=2
It's all in Russian and contains a bunch of Gothic III mods. Luckily a lot of them are named after what they do or fix so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what they are for and then there's also Valfaris' Gothic III 1st aid kit that you can download from here . It is a compilation of fixes/mods from that Russian page that he deemed helpful and useful.

What's also quite interesting is that the Russians have apparently fixed two missing/broken perks (Fire Mage and Heavy Armor) as a 'thank you' in exchange for the Frithjof fix. Check it out right here .

"Gigabyte patch"... my ass... PB have now officially been proven to be n00bs :biggrin: .

I can't seem to be able to download that russian fix on Fire Mage and Heavy Armour. Is there an alternative link to the file?

If they fixed Improve Armour why not do the same for Improve Robes :S

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom