Gothic 3 Patch 1.12

Actually, we do for reading it all!! :)

Which is why I stopped early in the thread ...

. I'm getting very frustrated with this patch ordeal. It's starting to look like PB is doing too little too late. I've been holding out all this time, not diving into Gothic 3 while waiting for that one big patch that's really going to make a difference. I'm starting to wonder if it's ever going to arrive.

Last edited:
Damn....Acleasius, calm down :) Let's just wait a bit longer and see wat PB has to say about the patch and the next one.

I LOLed at this description of the patch on the WoG - "At the moment the patch is bugged so do not install it or download it. We expect a working and official release to be released tomorrow."

My thought a while ago is that the group is so small, the game so big and the problems so many and widespread ... that as hard as they work they will not soon catch up with our expectations.

Gorath
"Are you drunk?"
No, did I over react? ;)
I did hyphen out most of the words, so apologies if you were really offended.
Hope I am not the only one, if so oh well.

JDR13
" wonder that about Acleasius myself sometimes."
Spin however you like, I posted his bio and that wasn't clear enough for you, not to mention you claiming "create" as a 100% nor knowing what the different job titles mean. ;)

"Lol, What can I say? You got me there, I like to educate"
Educate, it’s like “misinform”, since your own definitions of words seem at odds with known dictionaries, leaving out how even others came in to clarify your other claims about him in Thief.
By your educational standards Warren, funded the Austin Studio, hiring, paying all the employees with his wallet, managing, writing the story, coded the whole game, created every graphic texture, did all the voice, all the music, tested, boxed, shipped and then like Santa went to each store stocking the shelves. :biggrin:

Dr. A
"Damn....Acleasius, calm down"
Otay. :)
If I am right though, you will be mad too right? :p

"I LOLed at this description of the patch on the WoG"
Well at least you’re laughing about it. :)

C'mon fellas, let's all settle down. Let's not bicker because of some silly patch

GROUP HUG!!!!

So what do ya think guys? When is the real patch going to be released? I wonder if PB is trying to finish a different project at the same time and that's what is holding them up. I think they need to worry about fixing the problems in G3 before worrying about any add-ons.

My suspicions (possibly unfounded, but it's a working hypothesis) is that the current money being 'given' to PB is for producing the add-on. While they are making this, they have an opportunity to 'patch' sections of the game. Most of the team is likely at work on this, leaving hardly anyone to do 'spot' patches like 1.12!!

"Let it go brother, let it go. You don't have to respond to every little comment. It's bad enough you're trying to twist the facts about what I said just because I embarrassed you"

You brought it up and you are constantly changing your view to adapt to whatever definition you have atm for "create", so if you don't want to talk about in another thread don't make up things in another thread, brother.

"Most of the team is likely at work on this, leaving hardly anyone to do 'spot' patches like 1.12"
Right, it’s like 18 people on the add-on and 1 poor person trying to fix G3. :p

Looks good, especially the part that NPC's don't die as quickly. Now if they only fix their eyes, so they can spot mobs earlier, the game becomes even better. One question before installing. Does this patch also require you to unequiped and save before patching? Because loading times are a pain and I don't wanna load 3 games in a row... ^^

The inventory exploit could be used with any item that has an animation associated with its one time usage. Potions, tablets, earthen roots, etc. are all reusable through the usage of this exploit. A few of the spell effect potions were a bit more difficult to use in this regard (e.g. restore) as hitting the inventory key would abort the spell animation and nullify the effect. Aside from that though, G3 was a pretty nature friendly game. Through the usage of this exploit the wide spread littering of empty potion bottles and the endangerment of the goblin berry plant can be completely eliminated! Take that green peace, G3 beat you to it!

Is it time to start playing G3 again? I haven't bothered with it since release week, and was a little dissapointed in the fix list, but perhaps i belived the game was more bugridden than it was. Perhaps i was hoping for a better combatsystem. (Yes yes, what was the odds for that, but i do tend to hope for thing, life is much more fun that way! :) )

Last edited:
*hopes he got the right patch*

I don't see anything to complain about with the speed of patching - we had some patches fairly soon on that dramatically increased the playability of this game (1.08), swiftly followed by another quick fix in 1.09.. now they have presumably done several smaller stage patches but decided to wait until it was worthwhile, and skipped 1.10 and 1.11. Either they bumped the number up to make us feel good (I doubt) or they have infact been fairly solidly working on patches since.

The patch is a positive experience for me - ambient sounds are definitely more noticable. I've not encountered the problems noted, but I've yet to have much playtime with the patch.

Still holding off on G3 patching to wait for some better repairs. :(

"Acleacius, you chose to argue about something that you were wrong about, ...."

You can keep telling yourself whatever you like.
You haven’t proven me wrong about anything I am aware of, though unlike you I will admit when I didn't know something. :)
You have avoided answering my questions about what definitions you’re using for words you keep throwing around, while I answer you question on merit.
You constantly generalize and use vague descriptors, then sudden attach yourself to my opinions, i.e. about Deus Ex.

I haven't even looked at the thread since my last post there, I loaded SS1 and have been trying to find a program that will take a snapshot in DOS, since despite your evidence (as I mentioned) Warren is listed as Producer, which is one of a seemingly long list of words you either refuse to accept the meaning or don't understand.
Oh, I guess Levine was correct about that too, when he corrected me go figure. :)

Wow does this mean you have been wrong about Thief 2 and SS1, so iir we are down to Deus Ex, and your refusals, diversion and spinning of the facts about at the very least the words "create", "producer", "studio director", "project director", "lead designer" and quite possibly how games are made. :)

The only thing I recall you informed me of was the timeline of Levine's actually employment, as I mentioned I recalled him being childhood or long time buddies with one or more of the LG guys, so if that’s your cover about being wrong and vague about everything, then yeah I guess your right. :p

See you even started this here in this thread, didn't you?
Which you don't want to, take responsibility for either. :)

Performance seems to be slightly improved for me after applying the new patch - I get less stuttering. Certainly not the 'big patch' we all expected and I'm still waiting for an improved combat system as promised. It would be nice if someone from PB made an official announcement stating what is expected to be fixed any time soon, as Obsidian did with NWN2.

Also, I would much appreciate if people would respect the thread's title. This is the Gothic 3 forum and the reason I started this thread is that people may easily access and discuss information relative to patch 1.12. I do not want to navigate through piles of irrelevant (not to mention idiotic) posts and I'm sure this applies to a lot of people as well. Moderators please help!

*sigh* It's my fault.

Acleacius, I'm actually starting to become embarrassed for you. I know I shouldn't have brought it up in this thread so I apologize for that. Now for the last time, please go back to the other thread if you have anything else to say about that topic.

Out of respect for Lethal Weapon I'm going to go back and edit my previous post in this thread and eliminate any off topic remarks altogether.
*edit* Done

Now....

"It would be nice if someone from PB made an official announcement stating what is expected to be fixed any time soon"

I couldn't have said it better myself. Why have they been so silent?

Last edited:
I guess only one of us is going to clean up after himself.

Can anyone confirm that Patch 1.12 affects the North American version of Gothic 3?

Back
Top Bottom