What games are you playing now?

Find which guy ? I've no clue where I am or what level I am. I'm on the planet after rescuing Moshe (sp) and searching for clues on Anchron location. I know I'm more than level 10 but probably less than level 20 - I picked up a blackwidow (well made one) and basically I just snipe everything :)
-
Are you talking about the fellow where you have to shoot the side weapons before you can kill it ? I ran into some monster critter when opening a vault - if so I killed it - it was around then (either just before or just after - probably after) I figured out I had to level my companions.
The side-weapon dude was a Destroyer, the one I'm having difficulty with is another remenant called an Architect... much harder!! It is only vulnerable at weak points but every time I stop running to hit one, I die! I don't think I've done the planet you are on. I'm level 15, when looking at the journal ui your level is displayed top left.

The side-weapon dude was a Destroyer, the one I'm having difficulty with is another remenant called an Architect… much harder!! It is only vulnerable at weak points but every time I stop running to hit one, I die! I don't think I've done the planet you are on. I'm level 15, when looking at the journal ui your level is displayed top left.

Architects are late game content. Although, with the right built and player skills you can kill them at lower levels.

The wiki has tips.

You can run into an Architect fairly early on Eos if you do the quest where some scientist asks you to place 3 seismic hammers at specific locations. I'm only level 14, and I'm about to place the 3rd hammer, but I don't plan on fighting the Architect when it shows up. It took me about a dozen tries to beat a Destroyer, so I'll probably wait a few levels before trying the Architect.

You guys seem to be progressing a lot faster than I am. What difficulty level are you playing on? I'm playing on Hardcore, but I've also spent a lot of time doing multiplayer missions.

I'm level 17 and i'm currently on Kadara and I haven't seen one of those critters yet. Maybe I will see one here ?
-
Oh I just checked difficulty - i'm playing on normal.

All this talk of ME:A made me fire it up again this morning. I'm still early on in the game - 8 hrs played, level 10, wandering around on Eos and finding stuff. Had a good morning running around shooting Kett though. I'm also just playing on normal.

Ok maybe by the end of this week I'll be back on EOS. One thing that I hate about this game is that bloody vehicle. It can't go up the slightest hill. I end up just walking everywhere because it is so lame.

You can get the above mentioned quest in the Prodromos settlement on Eos. The quest is called "Making an Impression".

You have to change the Nomad driving mode to 6 wheel drive to go up hills. Judicious use of turbo boost allows you to go up nearly vertical surfaces with a running start.

If you tell me where to find one easy i'll give him a shot after I finish up Kadara. Kadara has taken a long time but I think i'm almost finish.

That planet quest line is like its own 20-30 hours long game.

There is an Architect on all the planet were you can put an outpost (Eos, Voeld, Kadara, Elaaden), the quests tied to them are given by settlers. So once you finish Kadara and get to make an outpost you should talk to the settlers and get the quest (which is not about the Architect itself but finding a missing person).

One thing that I hate about this game is that bloody vehicle. It can't go up the slightest hill. I end up just walking everywhere because it is so lame.

huh? Unless the hill is at a 90 degree angle, and even then with boost I was able to climb a few of those too, you should be able to climb hills with 6WD on.

ME:A is too long for its own good. The single-player campain simply isn't all that compelling, and I'm starting to question whether I'm even going to finish it.

There are way too many generic filler quests, and the vast majority of them are just find X number of this item or scan X number of that. I might have to start skipping a lot of the optional quests and just focus on the main storyline.

I decided to jump into Ghost Recon Wildlands, since I saw the latest teaser of them adding Splinter Cell as a bonus mission in GRW (the trailer for that is awesome, btw. Almost lost it when I heard Michael Ironside as Sam FIsher; he is truly awesome).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TibSpdbVE

Anyways, back to GR Wildlands, I'm really impressed how solid it is. As far as visuals and gameplay is concerned, it it absolutely solid and very fun. If you want an open world stealth/combat game you cannot go wrong. The only meh is the story and context. It's basically a virtual Bolivia, and it's the usual drug cartel generic story.

Anyways, highly recommended if that sounds like fun to you.

Sigh. Didn't realize it was that long. Had hoped to finish it today but it ain't gonna happen. Maybe tomorrow. I'm already level 20 - keep leveling but the quests seem to go on and on. I've already fix the atmosphere so I thought it would be a couple of short things iwth reyes and i'd be done but naw not that simple....

Ok. I found my first architect on Karda; I was level 23 and it died. One thing I learned is that i can't snipe it from too far - i have to get up close so the legs 'open up'. Once they open i have to snipe them. I did it first try (didn't die) but it was annoying. I also learned that i can never stand still gotta move continously. I think I could have taken it at 18 or 19 - as the trick is to never get hit - but it took a while - somewhere between 15 and 25 minutes (didn't really track start time). Reward for killing sucked.

I decided to jump into Ghost Recon Wildlands, since I saw the latest teaser of them adding Splinter Cell as a bonus mission in GRW (the trailer for that is awesome, btw. Almost lost it when I heard Michael Ironside as Sam FIsher; he is truly awesome).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TibSpdbVE

Anyways, back to GR Wildlands, I'm really impressed how solid it is. As far as visuals and gameplay is concerned, it it absolutely solid and very fun. If you want an open world stealth/combat game you cannot go wrong. The only meh is the story and context. It's basically a virtual Bolivia, and it's the usual drug cartel generic story.

Anyways, highly recommended if that sounds like fun to you.

Yes, I fired it up a little while ago and was really impressed with it, unfortunately due to the release of Kingdom come Deliverance it had to put it on the back burner, although I'm itching to get back in to it.

But then I'm faced with my other dilemma, do I play Ghost Recon, or delve into my A list back log. which includes Assassins creed Origins, Final Fantasy 15, Elex, X-com 2, Vaporem, Battle Brothers, Darkest Dungeon? "What a bummer" Help!!:biggrin:

Ok. I found my first architect on Karda; I was level 23 and it died. One thing I learned is that i can't snipe it from too far - i have to get up close so the legs 'open up'. Once they open i have to snipe them. I did it first try (didn't die) but it was annoying. I also learned that i can never stand still gotta move continously. I think I could have taken it at 18 or 19 - as the trick is to never get hit - but it took a while - somewhere between 15 and 25 minutes (didn't really track start time). Reward for killing sucked.

I wonder what level and how well equipped I'll need to be to beat an architect on Hardcore difficulty. There's a very significant difference between Normal and Hardcore.

No clue but I see no reason to play on a harder difficulty than normal. If it were a tactical base game (ala divinity original sin) or it was a total breeze then I'd up the difficulty but to be honest I found this guy more annoying than hard - now when I got hit by three hydra that was a pia - with htis guy as long as you know to wait for the legs to glow red before shooting and never stop moving it seems like a time sink. I suppose if on hardcore he blast you a lot harder (ala insta death) then there might be an issue that upgrade to shields/health will be required....

I wonder what level and how well equipped I'll need to be to beat an architect on Hardcore difficulty. There's a very significant difference between Normal and Hardcore.

I just tried fighting him at level 15, and it wasn't happening. On Hardcore he summons 2 Nullifiers and 2 Breachers about every 30 seconds, and 1 shot from his big gun or energy field is instant death. I'll leave him for later.

This is why I play games on normal. I can't be bothered with pointless difficulty increases.

If my backlog was empty and I needed something different to do, then I would replay on harder difficulties.

I left him to complete everything else on Eos. Did that, returned at level 19 and took him out on the 2nd attempt. So it looks like you need to be around level 20 to do these guys.

Back
Top Bottom