Mutant Year Zero - Mutant: Elysium Available August 1 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mutant Year Zero - Mutant: Elysium Available August 1

Default Mutant Year Zero - Mutant: Elysium Available August 1

July 16th, 2019, 12:17
The third expansion to Mutant: Year Zero, named Mutant: Elysium will be available on August 1.

The end of the world is coming - the post apocalyptic Mutant: Elysium RPG is set for release on Aug 1

The end of the world as you know it is coming. Free League Publishing today announced that Mutant: Elysium roleplaying game will be released on August 1. When four mighty Houses struggle for supremacy in the underground enclave, oblivious to a rising power that threatens to end their reign forever, what side will you find yourself on? Mutant: Elysium is set in the universe of the award-winning Mutant: Year Zero roleplaying game.

When humanity falls, four powerful industrial and financial dynasties form a covenant called Elysium, after the meadows of eternal Spring from Greek mythology. Deep in the bedrock, they build the enclave named Elysium I, designed to weather the long atomic winter. Now, generations later, Elysium I is a gilded prison, a lonely outpost in a sea of quiet destruction. Fear and suspicion grow unchecked, and the four Houses fight ever more desperately over the dwindling resources that remain. In response to this rising tide of civil unrest, a force of judicators has been established to preserve law and order in the enclave.

Mutant: Elysium is the third major expansion to the award-winning Mutant: Year Zero roleplaying game. This game tells the origin story of the enclave humans, who see themselves as the last torchbearers of human civilization. The four Houses of Warburg, Fortescue, Morningstar and Kilgore struggle for power within Elysium I, oblivious to a rising power that threatens to end their reign forever. Mutant: Elysium can also be played as a stand-alone game. Contents:

• New rules for creating and playing enclave humans, including their web of contacts with rich and powerful allies. The book includes all the rules you need to play.
  • A detailed description of Elysium I, the mother of all Elysium enclaves, including a beautiful full-color map.
  • The complete campaign Guardians of the Fall, including unique game mechanics that give the players themselves control over the four Houses of the enclave.
  • An overview of how the enclave humans can adapt to life in the Zone, and join the mutants, animals and robots of Mutant: Year Zero, Mutant: Genlab Alpha and Mutant: Mechatron.
Mutant: Elysium will be available at on August 1, at Gen Con 2019 in the Free League booth (#2664) and in the Free League webshop, and shortly after in hobby stores everywhere via the Impressions consolidator.
loading…

More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

July 16th, 2019, 13:34
The third expansion? Which were the first two, I only find Seeds of evil on Steam, not two expansions.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

July 16th, 2019, 13:40
I've not purchased the base game yet, so I'll likely wait until all the content is available and then buy the complete package.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
+1:

July 16th, 2019, 14:11
I think this is in reference to tabletop game perhaps?

goblin

Watcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 16th, 2019, 14:29
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
The third expansion? Which were the first two, I only find Seeds of evil on Steam, not two expansions.
My question, exaclty. Unless we're both mistaken, there is only one piece of DLC released until this day (MYZ: Seed of Evil).
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 16th, 2019, 15:45
I played this game through when it was released, and I enjoyed it quite a lot, though it was a bit easy in the end. My issue is as usual that I'm no longer invested/connected to the game's story so returning to play a DLC just doesn't feel appealing. I honestly rather developers invested their efforts on fully new games and plots rather than adding weight to dead saddles.

Nereida

Watchdog

+1:

July 16th, 2019, 16:12
As goblin said, this article is about the expansion to the board game upon which the video game is based.

Zborno

Watcher

July 16th, 2019, 16:19
I've been repeating that for years.
A standalone expansion, yes, please, instabuy!
But nonstandalone?

Milking the game I've already finished by messing the vanilla with DLC (a new race and companion in Pathfinder for example), gimme a break with that bs already!
Have these "smart" developers ever asked ME3 audience how did it feel when EA cut out story critical NPC and sold separately? Of course they haven't. And they will continue to torture fans as long as silly game critics don't start lowering scores for design crimes.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)

July 16th, 2019, 19:13
Originally Posted by Zborno View Post
As goblin said, this article is about the expansion to the board game upon which the video game is based.
Oh well, shows what I know
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
+1:

July 16th, 2019, 19:17
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
Oh well, shows what I know
Haha, not like I realized it either. I just got confused.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

July 16th, 2019, 19:59
Count me as one amongst the confused!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

July 17th, 2019, 04:34
Ahhh! OK. I read through the bullet points and couldn't figure out how this was supposed to be some sort of DLC. I was about to slam them for worrying more about their tabletop game than their video game!

To those muttering about DLC in general: DO NOT BUY UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE! (Or if you don't want the DLC.) (Or if you're pretty sure you'll re-play the game.)
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

July 19th, 2019, 06:43
Yes this is a tabletop RPG, and a good one in the Mutant Year Zero series. I supported the Kickstarter which is where the video is from. The announcement is to do with the physical release of the books from the Elysium kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…tys-final-fall

"Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden" is the tactical game based on the MYZ RPG and Mutant: Genlab Alpha RPG and parts of Mechatron, there are 3 games in the series, Elysium is now the fourth in the MYZ set.

I'm surprised there isn't more crossover between TTRPGs and video game RPGs.

Bilharzia

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mutant Year Zero - Mutant: Elysium Available August 1