A From software gem that you probably never heard of, Lost Kingdoms 2 - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » JRPG » A From software gem that you probably never heard of, Lost Kingdoms 2

Default A From software gem that you probably never heard of, Lost Kingdoms 2

January 16th, 2017, 13:31
Explore randomly generated levels as one of 13 classes in short, 30 minute, sessions
Priced $10 on Steam while you can use phone emulator and buy it for $3-4?
At least they could do some work on that C64/ZXspectrum visuals then.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)

January 18th, 2017, 17:33
Originally Posted by Ivanwah View Post
Is it this http://store.steampowered.com/app/557410/
If so, THOSE GRAPHICS DAAAYYYUUUUUM
That's it, didn't realize they made a PC version. But yeah, the art work is awful. At first there was talk about replacing it, but as the game got popular, it became part of the charm.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

January 19th, 2017, 08:28
Originally Posted by Ivanwah View Post
Is it this http://store.steampowered.com/app/557410/
If so, THOSE GRAPHICS DAAAYYYUUUUUM
The only thing I don't like about many mobile RPGs/games is that a lot of them use that same Times New Roman-style font, very basic UI, etc. It's hard to explain, but the artwork isn't the issue, it's more of the very clinical and overly simple UI/font/interface, etc. that doesn't do anything to draw you into the RPG experience. I have noticed this in various Android RPGs, other than the "big ones" like Avernum, Baldur's Gate:EE, etc. which obviously have very nice RPG-esque feels to them.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)

January 19th, 2017, 17:40
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
The only thing I don't like about many mobile RPGs/games is that a lot of them use that same Times New Roman-style font, very basic UI, etc. It's hard to explain, but the artwork isn't the issue, it's more of the very clinical and overly simple UI/font/interface, etc. that doesn't do anything to draw you into the RPG experience. I have noticed this in various Android RPGs, other than the "big ones" like Avernum, Baldur's Gate:EE, etc. which obviously have very nice RPG-esque feels to them.
In Dream Quest, it's as much of a card/deck building game as it is a RPG. It's not the sort of game that's going to draw you in for the experience, but the gameplay is excellent and incredibly deep (as is the metagame). So far I've never recomended it to anyone who hasn't been addicted. But if you go in looking for story and dialog, you will be extremely disappointed.

Like most card games though it plays amazingly well on a touch screen, so I'm not sure there is a real need to pay more for a PC version.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

January 27th, 2017, 01:28
Thinking about this I wonder if i have been "cucked" somehow and if it is possible to fix this issue. I didnt have the issue of playing good looking female characters in the past. In fact in games like Wizardry i chose the prettiest female character portraits i could find. I then started playing WoW with female characters because i liked the way they looked and my friends pointed out that it was weird. I since then cannot play female characters that look good, is this a problem?

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 27th, 2017, 03:38
In my book, not being weird in some way is definitely a problem.

It's your game, Damian. Play as whatever you like to play as. Think you should play as a female, play as a female. Playing as a female make you uncomfortable? So don't. Or play Saints Row The Third and switch between the two on a whim.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

January 31st, 2017, 17:42
Wow. Catching up on this thread was quite the roller coaster. Kind of an appropriate metaphor too. See also: derailment and train wreck.

A game from 2003 for GameCube--not surprising that it was only for that one console. If I were a publisher backing console games, I would be very worried about betting on a single console. With today's major game engines able to be built for any major platform, I probably just wouldn't consider an exclusivity agreement.

I don't think protagonist sex matters much in JRPGs where you control a character rather than role play a character. In western style RPGs--where you become rather than merely control a character--it could really affect how much you can get into a game. Like in Skyrim, I never play furries or lizard people. That's just not my thing. I would have a hard time getting into it.

Nathaniel3W

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

January 31st, 2017, 17:49
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Thinking about this I wonder if i have been "cucked" somehow and if it is possible to fix this issue. I didnt have the issue of playing good looking female characters in the past. In fact in games like Wizardry i chose the prettiest female character portraits i could find. I then started playing WoW with female characters because i liked the way they looked and my friends pointed out that it was weird. I since then cannot play female characters that look good, is this a problem?
I think you're worrying too much about it. Maybe a guy plays girls in MMOs because he subconsciously wants to bend his gender, if only virtually. Or maybe he just likes staring at their buttocks as they run through Azeroth. Either way, it's just a character in a video game, and I don't think you or your friends should think too deeply into it.

Nathaniel3W

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » JRPG » A From software gem that you probably never heard of, Lost Kingdoms 2