Fallout 3 Fallout 3: Post-play impressions and reviews

How do you rate Fallout 3? (ONLY vote after you played a serious portion of it)

• An Excellent Game

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Good

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Acceptable

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Below average

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Bad, lousy & rotten

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
You can't continue playing after finishing the main quest. Tycho, this is a very strong anti-piracy board. Advocating, or boasting about not paying for games is grounds for instant banning. You have been warned, nicely!!

Currently finished just 13 quests, killed about 700 both creature and human, and 63 locations discovered. Yup currently i am exploring the map more often than taking on quest.

The early dozen quests didn't impress me much and pretty similar to previous Bethesda games. There should be more interesting story attached to the quests. Unfortunately as in current state, Fallout 3 doesn't has good writing/dialogue and story. I don't even see a descriptions on weapons and tons of other items that scattered around the game world.

The place i'm visiting now is the slaver town and it's kind of disappointing: there no exciting, long or complex quests or story here; and no memorable NPCs either. Couple kids here asked to be rescued while at the same time calling me the potential saver "mungo", "stupid", and "asshole". Strange stuff. Unfortunately so far i yet found an option to tell the slave master about the kid's plan. Also, it will be good if Bethesda introduces a companion here with story and quest, etc. But so far i don't see that coming.

I just killed all the slavers and rescued the kids. There is actually a quest associated with this, but you have to visit another place first to get it.

Could you continue playing after the main quest ended?

yes, with the free play mod. i had not finished some quests like Agatha's Song and Oasis and there is still a lot more exploring to do.

I am about half way through the main quest line ("the water of life" quest); seen nothing extraordinary yet but most of the quests are at acceptable quality. Here is my current stats:

Fallout3stats.jpg

Fallout3appearance.jpg

I botched the quest on solving problem between the Ghouls and Tenpenny Tower's residents when i wipe out the ghoul first before encountering the quest. Since it was too late so i wipe out the Tenpenny residents as well to get an evil alignment. But the Evil alignment didn't changes my gameplay much. In fact, there's hardly any evil gameplay options available to evil character. You could kill and lie, become a slaver, and maybe couple things that i don't remember. Most characters i encountered still treat me as usual - e.g Moira Brown cheerfully serving me even i'm child slaver with alignment tag saying "Very Evil - Fiend".

for me, the only instance where being evil or goody two-shoes makes a difference is when the vault-dweller's trying to recruit followers. e.g Jericho at Megaton would refuse your offer if your karma is too high while that Paladin at the Citadel would leave you if the karma level drops.

there is a companion in paradise falls, and since you are evil you can "hire" her. i didn't use a companion my entire first playthrough 'til meeting fawkes which at that point i was 75% through the entire game, and i mean the entire game as every dungeon, even if not a location, was fully explored. this time through though i picked up clover and as i'm playing a thief character and trying to stick stringently to the stats for it i had to steal quite a bit to get an evil enough karma to aquire her. i'm still using the recon armor i aquired in the first few hours and i'm nearing the 100 hour mark on this go through. steath in this game is better than any other rpg i can think of if you stick with it, though nothing like a thief game, or even assassin's creed for that matter. sticking to mainly handguns and melee has made the game interesting as well.
by the way clover in an "oasis druid hood" and sunglasses looks like the unabomber which is rather amusing i've found and have yet to tire from.

Back
Top Bottom