Risen HDR Problem

Glorian

Borislav Slavov
Hello mates

I stumbled across an unpleasant HDR problem in Risen

http://img384.imageshack.us/i/hdrproblem.jpg/

Generaly the HDR Post processing is "burning" everything that has a light on it...

I am runing the game under WIndos Xp win Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 with latest drives installed.

I turned the HDRI off in the ConfigUser.xml and the problem disappeared but the game lost 70 % of its visual candies :-(

I would very much appreciate any help on this issue

Hello mates

I stumbled across an unpleasant HDR problem in Risen

http://img384.imageshack.us/i/hdrproblem.jpg/

Generaly the HDR Post processing is "burning" everything that has a light on it…

I am runing the game under WIndos Xp win Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 with latest drives installed.

I turned the HDRI off in the ConfigUser.xml and the problem disappeared but the game lost 70 % of its visual candies :-(

I would very much appreciate any help on this issue

No idea as for the cause, but i too have Windows XP, and GTX 275 with the latest nVidia drivers so those are quite likely not the issue for you, since i don't recall having that problem. Is this Risen-specific or have you found similar problems with other games? Also, did you use any of the "Risen tuning tips" for added detail?

edit: Could be a bug, or my screen brightness is just toned lower than yours. I just ran around the island testing and couldn't get that to happen.

Last edited:
This happens to me too when it is early morning and the sun is low in the sky... bam really really bright. i just avoid going that direction until the sun is higher in the sky. very realistic imo.

I think this is just over-excitable HDR. Treat it as atmosphere...

I think this is just over-excitable HDR. Treat it as atmosphere…

This atmosphere is a bit too much to me :)

I checked all the ini files and I was not able to limit the HDR post processing. There is only way to on/off the HDRI.
When I turn it off the game looks like a 5 years old game ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom