Paradox Interactive - New Images for Vampire Game - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Paradox Interactive - New Images for Vampire Game

Default Paradox Interactive - New Images for Vampire Game

March 22nd, 2019, 18:20
After careful thinking I want another game like Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. Just to live as vampire in ancient Greece, Rome, and of course the Middle Ages again.

Just imagine using history like the Assassin Creed games.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Anti-EA Supporter

#61

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 21,274
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 22nd, 2019, 19:47
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
LOL. Watch the bloody(!) trailer. You can see all those dudes giving you consent before you beat them to death with sledge hammers, pin them down, and drain their blood.

Vurt spreading nonsense based on a half-baked understanding of the facts - who'd have thought it.
I'm only spreading what the community manager said, nothing else. The trailer is also not gameplay with the dialogue options included. neither does it anywhere show a civilian getting his blood sucked, but you're not that smart, are you..

Anyways, all hope is not lost. They did mention modding and if so any SJW-crap can be modded away. Having the option to always ask for permission might work for some characters/roleplay but will probably be a bit off for others. E.g perhaps there are vampires that aren't super nice guys, just a thought.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
Last edited by vurt; March 22nd, 2019 at 20:11.
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#62

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

March 22nd, 2019, 20:39
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
E.g perhaps there are vampires that aren't super nice guys, just a thought.
There are evil vampires called the Sabbat Clans.
Lasombra: The leaders of the Sabbat, the Lasombra slew their own Antediluvian during the Anarch Revolt and then led the Sabbat against the nascent Camarilla. The Lasombra are elegant, powerful, cruel and predatory espousers of a social darwinist approach towards control and leadership. The Lasombra are also masters of shadow, able to manipulate darkness in bizarre fashions; this power has a cost however, Lasombra cast no reflection.

Tzimisce: The Tzimisce hail from Eastern Europe, and are the former absolute masters of their nightmare domains. The Tzimisce are the least human vampires in VtM, casually cruel and more than a little mad, and possessing the most potent shapeshifting powers of any vampire. Tzimisce can shift not only their shape, but mold flesh and bone like it was clay. The Tzimisce crave stability – they cannot find peace at night without some of their grave earth.
The first two games show they don't care about humans. Lets not get started on the ancient firstborns either. Just replay Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption to see one.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Anti-EA Supporter

#63

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 21,274
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 22nd, 2019, 20:45


--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#64

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

March 22nd, 2019, 23:07
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
I'm only spreading what the community manager said, nothing else. The trailer is also not gameplay with the dialogue options included. neither does it anywhere show a civilian getting his blood sucked, but you're not that smart, are you..
You are quite fond of telling me I'm not very bright, which is not very nice, and hurts my ickle feelings . It's not much of an argument, though. I actually think you're probably a fairly bright chap, just that you have a tendency to go off half cocked based on a faulty understanding of things, which is probably also implicated in the development of your rather reactionary views.

You've spent the past 3 pages ranting about fucking SJWs, and how they're going to ruin the game, including stating: "Good damn how i hate these fucking hipster SJW game devs. Stop ruining our games with your shitty ""progressive"" political views (also it's not progress to e.g believe in 5345 sexes and whatnot, it's going backwards, it's not science)." (BTW, if you'd like to discuss your misconceptions on that matter, feel free to open a thread in P&R.)

You followed this up with a quote, by way of evidence of their intent, which was devoid of context, and which you misunderstood.

I'm suggesting that your overreaction is probably misleading, and I think that the trailer, which is pretty brutal and features a victim being attacked and fed upon, rather contradicts your suggestion that they are terrified of giving offense to the sensitive, to the point that consent will have to be sought for your vampire activities.

In terms of your view that a political and moral perspective should not inform the content of games, I don't really see why not. It certainly found its place among great writers, and it would rather curtail your reading list if you try to avoid it. In particular, I'd stay away from Tolstoy, Dostoevsky and Dickens. The majority of major writers, really.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#65

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,615
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 22nd, 2019, 23:48
The game is not released so everything about gameplay is speculation, that should be obvious to anyone who is intelligent enough. I've never said it's some kind of truth, but since that wouldn't work for your argument you had to twist it and try to portray it like i'm stating "facts". Like i've said before, you're extremely predictable, you're like a boring bot that needs a few more tricks up its sleeve to be at least a little bit more believable.

That the "SJW'ism" is going strong in this one is however neither a lie or speculation. Again, i believe anyone who can read what the writers and devs are saying will agree with me on that one, feel free to come up with argument against it though (i know you won't, since you are very predictable).
People from WW got sacked because of SJW'ism (they wrote a story that did not sit well with the HBTQ people). They're not even allowed to work independently any longer. It's easy to understand why it sounds like they're about to shit themselves when they speak about what they can and can't write, that "times has changed" etc.

As for being lectured about politics or even what religions to believe in in games, i think most people would agree that it's not the place. I don't hold these writers very high i gotta say though. It's absolute trash compared to most books, even most fantasy books. I would not compare it on the same day with classical writers. Compared to other games they might be good, but that really doesn't say a lot. What these super privileged rich white people have to add politically, sorry not that interesting to me, i don't hold them in such high regard as you seem to do (going by what you compare them to).

Also, i believe most people aren't buying a game about vampires to be lectured about real life politics, buying a book by e.g Dostoevsky, that might be a bit different though.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
Last edited by vurt; March 23rd, 2019 at 00:07.
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#66

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 03:00
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
The game is not released so everything about gameplay is speculation, that should be obvious to anyone who is intelligent enough. I've never said it's some kind of truth, but since that wouldn't work for your argument you had to twist it and try to portray it like i'm stating "facts".
I think what an intelligent person would realise, is that it's irrelevant here whether you are speculating or stating fact - in either case one bases one's position on some kind of evidence and argument. And, in either case, countervailing evidence and arguments are clearly applicable.

With regard to literature, I don't want to turn it into a critical debate. My point is that among famous writers, that many of us might study in school, a moral and political perspective is far from unusual. And, I suspect that such influences would also be common in the other fantasy literature you refer to.

So, the question would be, why should writing for games be different, in that regard, from the rest of writing?
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Last edited by Ripper; March 23rd, 2019 at 03:29.
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#67

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,615
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 05:50
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
So, the question would be, why should writing for games be different, in that regard, from the rest of writing?
Influences of political and religious themes is of course expected, it's everywhere. But trying to preach politics (or why not religion) in either big movies or games is usually not looked upon very favorably. We are usually spared of that but there has been an increase in the recent years i'd say.

I think you're pretty alone in wanting that, and most likely you only want it if its something that fits your personal political view?

Most game devs are probably smart enough to not establish some kind of political agenda or activism, though we have seen a slight increase in that, too. It can have its place in perhaps a small indie game, and i'm pretty sure there are some e.g Christian games, because it's that particular audience they want to appeal to. But for AAA game to have a certain political or religious message, i don't think that would work in its favor, for numerus reasons.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#68

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 06:16
Psst @vurt Ripper will never concede as he doesn't see a problem. You can pile articles, videos, facts, opinions, and he will play devil's advocate on every thread about SJW's.

Just back away man it's not worth it.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Anti-EA Supporter

#69

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 21,274
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 13:25
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Influences of political and religious themes is of course expected, it's everywhere. But trying to preach politics (or why not religion) in either big movies or games is usually not looked upon very favorably. We are usually spared of that but there has been an increase in the recent years i'd say.
Promoting human rights in popular culture is a bad thing in your opinion? You sir, should not be my friend.
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.
Sir_Brennus is offline

Sir_Brennus

Sir_Brennus's Avatar
Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

#70

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 13:41
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Cut trying to preach politics (or why not religion) in either big movies or games is usually not looked upon very favorably.
If you have a thing about preaching religion, don't buy any Vampire The Masquerade product. The entire mythos is based on Christianity and how Cain was turned into an undead monster for killing his brother (and some say rape of Eve/Lilith…or Lilith did the raping, really depends how much you love/hate women that one) and how vampires are the anti-christs that will bring the end of the world.

If you are totally pro Christianity, do not buy any Vampire the Masquerade either. I mean, you have to vandalize a religious exposition in Bloodlines and Redemption allow you to do a 180 from good to evil with your Templar crusader turned vampire protagonist.

Sensitive to mental disorder, skip it too.
Sensitive to rape, incest, homosexuality, women in power, racism, refugees. Yep not for you and I hope people with issues with those subject didn't play Bloodlines either. Poor them if they did.

When Bloodlines released in 2004, nobody cared that it had political opinions. You could even joke that you voted Republican in a conversation. Yes joke. It was presented as a bad idea to vote Republican. That's what the devs means when today they have to be careful today. To many people get triggered the moment they see something that doesn't match with their opinions even if they don't have to pick that dialogue option.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#71

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,260
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 15:55
@Sir_Brennus: Pfft, yeah right, it's all fun and games until one of these always angry vocal minority groups decides to ruin your life because they love to show how powerful they are with their rights. I feel sorry for the people at WW who got sacked because someone decided to be ""offended"".

These things are often incredibly ugly, not always, but way too often for me to not get pissed at these people for not using this power we have given them (because they do need to have it) with a little more sensibility.

And absolutely not, games does not need to show support for these always angry groups either. There's also freedom of speech, why not preach for that too, or around another thousand rights that we have. No, i don't think i, or most other people, play games about vampires to be lectured about rights and politics.

@azarhal: I never got any type of religious preaching of playing Bloodlines 1, again, i don't mind themes of politics or religion, that's not preaching. And no, i really don't think it's about NOT making political statements, they said the complete opposite of that in fact. That it IS a very political game and that THEY want to show what they think is right or wrong. But whatever, it's all speculation what we will end up with, just saying that the vibe i get is awful.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
Last edited by vurt; March 23rd, 2019 at 16:11.
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#72

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 15:57
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Psst @vurt Ripper will never concede as he doesn't see a problem. You can pile articles, videos, facts, opinions, and he will play devil's advocate on every thread about SJW's.
Not sure what's worse, extreme sjw or extreme antisjw.

Me? I don't care as long as it's fun. Preachers are not fun.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#73

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,100
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 17:21
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
@azarhal: I never got any type of religious preaching of playing Bloodlines 1, again, i don't mind themes of politics or religion, that's not preaching. And no, i really don't think it's about NOT making political statements, they said the complete opposite of that in fact. That it IS a very political game and that THEY want to show what they think is right or wrong. But whatever, it's all speculation what we will end up with, just saying that the vibe i get is awful.
VtM is very much preaching about Christianity in its theme of "redemption in the eyes of God" versus vampires being linked to the sins of humanity, the Beast and the Apocalypse. Trying to redeem yourself and keeping the Beast in check is considered the right thing to do (Camarilla), the army of the damned (aka the Sabbat) is considered bad. If that flew 100ft over your head while playing, then I doubt you are going to see anything you claim Bloodlines 2 writers are going to push either.

Bloodlines 1 was a political game, but that also appear to have flown 100ft over your head. There is two good endings: siding with the Anarch (who are the progressive ones, Camarilla are conservative/feudalism) or overthrowing the Camarilla current leader in the city to replace him with another.

I have no idea what exactly you fear Bloodlines 2 writers are going to do actually that would be worst than what Bloodlines 1 had. Hell, the start of the game is pretty much a mass rape terrorist attack where your character is one of the victims (the mass embrace. The act of embracing has sexual undertones).
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
Last edited by azarhal; March 23rd, 2019 at 18:19.
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#74

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,260
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 17:44
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
Promoting human rights in popular culture is a bad thing in your opinion?
And how do you know that those "political and religious themes" will promote human rights? And which human rights? How will promote them, in which context? For example - is promoting rights of car owners in society where cars are only allowed for members of special class ok and good thing? I dont think so. How do you know what will they promote? Its interesting how many people juggle with banal rhetorics while in fact not knowing what is hidden behind fancy words.


Originally Posted by joxer
Not sure what's worse, extreme sjw or extreme antisjw.
Extremes are bad, of course, but lets compare a little - do you know some game that preaches anti-sjw? Some unknown fan indie or popular one? Or do you know some group that would aggresively demand changing game lore or background to promote anti-sjw in games?


Originally Posted by joxer
I don't care as long as it's fun. Preachers are not fun.
Well, it seems that for some people preachers are fun, because they preach human rights and its probably suspicious or evil to have different opinion about preachers in games.


BTW back to Bloodlines 2:
Lets wait what devs will do. There should be many factions in Bloodlines 2 so I hope that if anyone will be annoyed by real or just invented "sjw agenda" in some faction you could choose different faction or something like that.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------
New videos of RPGs/story-driven games (+ENG subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rastm4N/videos
Last edited by Farflame; March 23rd, 2019 at 17:57.
Farflame is offline

Farflame

Farflame's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#75

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ferdok in Aventuria (Europe)
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 17:54
I see the right wing thought police is at it again, telling developers how they should write their games.

It seems that all it needs to trigger the thought police is a dev saying "politics".
Cacheperl is offline

Cacheperl

Cacheperl's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#76

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 17:55
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Influences of political and religious themes is of course expected, it's everywhere. But trying to preach politics (or why not religion) in either big movies or games is usually not looked upon very favorably. We are usually spared of that but there has been an increase in the recent years i'd say.

I think you're pretty alone in wanting that, and most likely you only want it if its something that fits your personal political view?

Most game devs are probably smart enough to not establish some kind of political agenda or activism, though we have seen a slight increase in that, too. It can have its place in perhaps a small indie game, and i'm pretty sure there are some e.g Christian games, because it's that particular audience they want to appeal to. But for AAA game to have a certain political or religious message, i don't think that would work in its favor, for numerus reasons.
You really think there aren’t many highly regarded films that have strong political themes and positions? How many war films with the express intent of being anti-war, or criticising discrimination, or films with themes based on a Judeo-Christian redemptive arc? I think what you’re doing is being blind to those political and moral influences where they seem comfortable to you, and declaring it “preaching” when it is not in line with your views.

An example that stayed with me for some reason, about the need to change social attitudes, is from the film Dragon, in which Bruce Lee watches the Japanese stereotype in an American movie. I think most of us look at that and think, “Oof – yeah, let’s not do that any more.” We do evolve, I would argue it’s often in good ways, and what we portray in our arts plays a big part in that.

So I see no reason to overreact to what the devs of this game have said about having evolved their perspectives on certain issues, and in particular their portrayal of mental illness. This seems perfectly reasonable to me. And that their worldview will be reflected in their narrative – nothing remarkable there.

I think whatever the moral or social influence might be, it can be manifested well or clumsily. Doctor Who I think is an example of bad writing in the “social justice” direction. It’s heavy handed, and the feeble narratives just feel like they exist to string together opportunities to strike virtue-signalling poses. But any work that includes political viewpoints, of all the different types, have their bad and extreme examples. I see no reason to assume, from the evidence so far, that the writing of Bloodlines 2 will be of that variety.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#77

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,615
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 18:07
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
from the film Dragon, in which Bruce Lee watches
I don't see Bruce Lee anywhere there. If he was really there, he'd have died from heat stroke.
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
I see the right wing thought police is at it again, telling developers how they should write their games.
There is always moral of the story in the end. In such cases it's defiance and protest from developers wowen into a game as easter eggs or hard to find content.
If that fails, modders will do the trick.

Politics and RL wrongdoings need to be criticized through art, not dictating what art should be.
On the other hand, thanks to heavy censorship and bans, pirates in certain countries blossom thanks to legal distribution of a product. So censorship is good - because someone is still earning $. Who cares if it's theft. Right?

But hey, this is all off topic.
Vampires are fictional bloodsucking species and sorry, I have no idea what kind of sjw or antisjw is needed in such fantasy. Seems, again, that some people can't see the difference between videogames from RL.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; March 23rd, 2019 at 18:53.
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#78

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,100
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 18:33
Paradox printed a newspaper for the Tender event (saw that on Outstar twitter).

Front page.
Inside
Horoscopes <= this is lol.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#79

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,260
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Default 

March 23rd, 2019, 19:33
Re "the political stance". I found this quote in previews: "While the demo of the early stages of the game I saw hinted at conflict and the politics of warring clans, Clooney says it’s central to Bloodlines 2 that the writers (who include Brian Mitsoda, narrative designer on the original game) are actively taking a political stance in this sequel, with its themes of art versus commerce and technological advances versus tradition."

So Toreador vs Ventrue (is there another commercially inclined clan?) and Anarch vs Camarilla. Whoopido!
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#80

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,260
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Paradox Interactive - New Images for Vampire Game
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:11.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch