Phoenix Point - Releasing in December

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Wccftech Phoenix Point will now release December 2019 on Epic Store.

Phoenix Point, the new game conceived by X-COM creator Julian Gollop and funded via Fig, has been delayed once more. Developer Snapshot Games announced this on the official forums of the game, adding that Phoenix Point would now release in December. It's certainly a less cramped window and, of course, there's the benefit of additional months of work going into the product.

As a reminder, the game will release on PC (as an Epic Games Store exclusive) and Xbox One.

[...]
More information.

Hahaha. I hope this version now comes with all features promised in their Fig.

Oh, man. I still need to finish XCOM 2 vanilla, not to mention the DLC...

No. First was Fig instead of KS then what you say then you forgot the last part of the joke: mushrooms. :)

Whatever, I'll most probably buy it in far future on some Steam sale when Durante makes "fix controls" mod. Not before. ;)

Delays don't bother me, I'll play it when it arrives. But the game just went from my most anticipated this year to most anticipated that might be released this year.

I was interested in the game, but after seeing how they acted when they sold out to Epic I've got no desire to support them at all.

This Gollop dude has become an anecdote.

Whatever, I'll most probably buy it in far future on some Steam sale when Durante makes "fix controls" mod. Not before. ;)
What's wrong with the controls? Did you spot this in one of their demos or is it from backer feedback?

If you don't want to use epic, this will be on xbox game pass on pc as well.

I was interested in the game, but after seeing how they acted when they sold out to Epic I've got no desire to support them at all.

Watching streams revealed a barebone product. If anything, the deal with that platform might help to improve the situation.
Even better, there will be a transfer of wealth from players who bought it from that platform to offer more of their money to the devs through a smaller to players who prefered to buy it on steam to fatten the already fat steam monopoly.

Epic gave money to better the product, players who will buy from epic will give money to better the product. The traitorous kind will pay for their treachery.

Watching streams revealed a barebone product. If anything, the deal with that platform might help to improve the situation.
Even better, there will be a transfer of wealth from players who bought it from that platform to offer more of their money to the devs through a smaller to players who prefered to buy it on steam to fatten the already fat steam monopoly.

Epic gave money to better the product, players who will buy from epic will give money to better the product. The traitorous kind will pay for their treachery.
What are you talking about?! Epic didn't give money to better the product. Epic does not care what devs do with the money. Devs decided to use this money to better the product and this has nothing to do with Epic or Steam.

No limits.

Devs received money from this platform, determined the product was not good enough for launch and then postpone it. It has nothing to do with Epic though.

Players who are going to buy it from Epic are going to funnel more money toward devs than players who will buy from Steam. It has nothing to do with Steam though.

Transfer of wealth. Towards Steam and players who buy from it.

Never excluded that devs organize the said transfer.

I actually agree with Chien on this one, I think the Devs did the right thing for the game in taking the Epic deal.

No limits.

Devs received money from this platform, determined the product was not good enough for launch and then postpone it. It has nothing to do with Epic though.

Players who are going to buy it from Epic are going to funnel more money toward devs than players who will buy from Steam. It has nothing to do with Steam though.

Transfer of wealth. Towards Steam and players who buy from it.

Never excluded that devs organize the said transfer.
Although Epic gives a bigger cut to devs, Steam still has way more users and customers so staying on Steam still means more sold copies and more money earned.

And Epic didn't gift money to devs, they just gave them in advance their cut from the sales. To get even 1$ more PP will need to sell more than a certain number of copies.
Good short term, worse long term because on Steam they will only be able to sell the game on discount.
For Epic this is a big gamble because this game needs to sell more than that number of copies so they can get back the money they gave in advance to the devs and it needs to do that in 1 year before it will be sold on Steam as well where most gamers will buy it.

I'm quite pleased that I didn't give to their campaign, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't really mind waiting a year or so until these exclusive titles come to great old games or steam. That year usually sees lots of patches and updates hit, and often a price drop, and with the way I tend to replay many older games, that suits me just fine.

Although Epic gives a bigger cut to devs, Steam still has way more users and customers so staying on Steam still means more sold copies and more money earned.
Customers are customers when they buy a product.
And Epic didn't gift money to devs, they just gave them in advance their cut from the sales. To get even 1$ more PP will need to sell more than a certain number of copies.
The product is being bettered on Epic's provided funds.
Good short term, worse long term because on Steam they will only be able to sell the game on discount.
The exclusivity deal is one year, which could suffice to ensure the bulk of sales is done on Epic.
If released directly on Steam, sales, discount or whatever could have hit faster, maybe six months after release.
For Epic this is a big gamble because this game needs to sell more than that number of copies so they can get back the money they gave in advance to the devs and it needs to do that in 1 year before it will be sold on Steam as well where most gamers will buy it.
Who cares about Epic.
Whatever the number of sales that happens on Epic, this product is being bettered due to Epic funds and second, due to the difference of cut between Epic and Steam, any player buying from Epic will contribute more money to better the product than a Steam counterpart. Not sure that this product is going to be patched as much once the exclusivity period is over.

Transfer of wealth from Epic and customers who buy from Epic. Something that should rejoice people who are used to live off the beast.

Back
Top Bottom