Kingdom Come - The Good, the Bad, and the So So

I clocked up just over 200hrs and really enjoyed most of it, yes, there are some annoying quest breaking bugs, but you can mostly work around these. It can be quite hard when you first start until you start improving your skills and completing quests. The save system was not an issue to me.
The combat is excellent, I really feel like I learned to fight with a sword and shield (became a master) "No hack and slash".

Starting out is the most important aspect for me in any RPG, I don't like my hand held and like to start out with nothing, I want to earn everything, and that's what you get with Kingdom come. I am also 80hrs in-game with Elex and really enjoying it.

Last edited:
I always find it a bit odd that quest bugs aren't squashed quickly. I can easily understand why they occur, but I would have thought that, once identified, it's just a matter of fixing a bit of quest logic.

I always find it a bit odd that quest bugs aren't squashed quickly. I can easily understand why they occur, but I would have thought that, once identified, it's just a matter of fixing a bit of quest logic.

Quest bugs usually don't happen because of faulty quest logic. It is usually trigger on event that do not fire properly and that happens because of multithreading issues, other system not letting any CPU cycles for the trigger, the parameters on screen not matching what should be happening, etc. And when you "fix it" for that quest it breaks the next one…

Last edited:
Interesting. Are you in game development?

Interesting. Are you in game development?

I did an internship at a small game developer (mostly fixing bugs), but I don't work in the industry anymore (I'm still a software programmer).

Right, thanks. What you describe makes more sense.

Yep, Daniel Vavra confirmed that they have the problem that fixing a quest bug often had side effects on another quest introducing new bugs.
They underestimated QA or just ran out of funds.

Might also be a problem with how the program was designed. Without details it is not clear if things should be this fragile.

Yep, Daniel Vavra confirmed that they have the problem that fixing a quest bug often had side effects on another quest introducing new bugs.
They underestimated QA or just ran out of funds.

Might also be a problem with how the program was designed. Without details it is not clear if things should be this fragile.
Indeed.
At least the dependencies should be known and considered during bug fixing.

I also just wanted to add that the save system is not an issue imo. The restrictions actually add to enjoyment I find. It makes me play more strategic and apply different tactics than if you have unlimited saves and can go in "guns blazing" in every encounter.

I also just wanted to add that the save system is not an issue imo. The restrictions actually add to enjoyment I find. It makes me play more strategic and apply different tactics than if you have unlimited saves and can go in "guns blazing" in every encounter.

There was this great article on PC Gamer few days back:

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverances-save-system-shows-you-just-how-fun-failure-can-be/

The save system really can be aquired taste, but (assuming player does not get bugs) it enhances the experience vastly.

Was this article posted on RPG Watch?

I think it was already in news, but it's possible I saw it in another thread.
Doesn't matter much because there is nothing wrong with the system, anyone who actually played the game will tell you that. The problem is when the game bugs itself and then you need to revert to a few hours old savegame.

It was pretty bad at release when you are supposed to learn the game and didn't have an option to save and test stuff.

But they patched in some save drinks in the first patch, so I guess it's fine now. Later on there isn't really an issue anymore as you have tons of money for saving anyways, which...also makes the restriction kinda pointless though.

It was pretty bad at release when you are supposed to learn the game and didn't have an option to save and test stuff.

But they patched in some save drinks in the first patch, so I guess it's fine now. Later on there isn't really an issue anymore as you have tons of money for saving anyways, which…also makes the restriction kinda pointless though.

Well, it still carries a penalty- you have to spend time to brew schnapps (so there is a cost) and if you over do it, you can become alcoholic, which has its share of drawbacks. All in all it is still one of the most ingenious attempts to discourage save scumming.

It is just a shame the game was not 100% bugfree at launch (although this is literally impossible in a game of this scope) and that save and exit was not yet ready for launch either (but at least now it is in game).

Well, I just bought it all the time as money is only an issue in the first couple of hours.

And I stole it all the time. :evilgrin:

And I stole it all the time. :evilgrin:

I'm roleplaying a good guy so I don't steal... much (except for the miller missions), so I have to buy them or make them, but I made a diarrhea potion and it's such an involved process to make 1 of them that I abandoned that approach. Now I just save&exit and load.

I'm roleplaying a good guy so I don't steal… much (except for the miller missions)
I'm playing a good guy also and so far I refused doing these missions. I don't feel like Henry is that kind of guy. He'd perhaps do it out of necessity. But money isn't a problem so there's no necessity.
Am I missing much?

I'm playing a good guy also and so far I refused doing these missions. I don't feel like Henry is that kind of guy. He'd perhaps do it out of necessity. But money isn't a problem so there's no necessity.
Am I missing much?

Not at all, I just find it fun to sneak in, grab and go Mission Impossible style, but as far as story and rewards go you're not missing anything.

Not at all, I just find it fun to sneak in, grab and go Mission Impossible style, but as far as story and rewards go you're not missing anything.
Yep, I like stealth as well. But I found the miller guys to be unlikeable from the first second and my Henry won't break the law for guys like these.

I stole a speech skillbook from the scribe in Rattay though… but I put it back after reading. No harm done, eh? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom