What games are you playing now?

Still playing EQ2 on the Kaladim server, and today will see a patch hit that will change much of the gear, as well as some tactics in progression tasks. It will be well worth watching just to see what transpires. Oddly this is like the third TLE for DP games and they just cannot seem to get things right, I'm guessing mainly because current and TLE servers all function off the same core base, rather than being separate entities.

Went back to replaying a bunch of Total War games. After a while you notice how stale the formula has gotten. Guess all those Paradox grand strategy games ruined me.

Yeah, Total War is another one of those series that doesn't incrementally improve in the search for perfection but just instead reiterates itself into different graphics and engines and reskins. All the stuff that irritated you about the last one hasn't been improved upon and all the things you liked have been changed. Which one is the 'best'? The first one you played to death usually.

I got Death Stranding on steam, and one thing you have to give it to them, at least initially, is that it's a wonderful pc port. Runs beautifully. Looks great.

I did come off as a bit pretentious at the start, but if you give yourself to it it's developing quite an interesting world and lore. But they do, at least so far as I've progressed, through a lot of mumbojumbo jargon and acronyms at you. It's hard to keep up. I'm guess you get used to it the more you play.

The gameplay part does feel quite light, it's basically terrain management while you walk around, trying to not to lose balance. I've seen that later on you also get other traversal tools like ladders and ropes.

The cinematics though, some are pretty good, but for some you do feel the length. And they also take their time with them. Similar to how a slow movie would feel. But I'm not sure I mind that much. Once you accept that this is a movie/game hybrid (more than any other cinematic game tries to be) you'll get involved.

I'll see where it takes me. So far so good. But Ghost of Tsushima is coming out on friday so I'm not sure how much longer I'll play Death Stranding compared to that, and that one is getting really glowing reviews from the fanbase.

FFX. So frustrating! Many times over now I've had to look up game mechanics that aren't explained in game. eg.I died in the prologue because I didn't know what save-points look like or how they work; the game prompted me to use Boost/Shield on my Summons but didn't say HOW to do that. Camera has a mind of it's own which makes navigation/ looking for things difficult. Enemies spawn out of nowhere so you never know when you will get into a fight. Save-points could be every few feet or like last night I had to play 45 mins before I found one.

Trying to get invested in a playthrough of Might and Magic VI. Suffering from a serious bout of apathy mixed with whatifitus, causing me to hang around New Sorpigal for the past two weeks. I really want to get into it properly as I don't think I've done a full run-through in at least 10-15 years.

I have been itching to play Gothic II again, so I installed it on my Surface Pro 7 ... it is, well a little wonky in terms of the graphics window, and occasionally freezes the system - but at least it works and I am making progress. Might have to play it on my real gaming system.

Also picked up Crysis for the Switch, and that plays surprisingly well - graphics look solid and gameplay is well translated to the Switch.

Doing a Dragon Age series replay, finishing Awakening now and my game is bugged; fully upgraded Vigil Keep but still is wiped near the end.:lol: Anyway, with some texture mods and reshade looks really good for a 11 yo game.

Well, Grounded, the next game from Obsidian, is now available.
Just having a brief look at it via MS game pass.

It's a survival game so has Inventory, Crafting, etc, but also has Quests and save-anywhere. No character development (as far as I can tell so far), so def in the Survival and exploration genre rather RPG.

I'm a fan of Honey I Shrunk the Kids - which I came to due to (horror maestros) Gordon/Yuzna's involvement - so the scenario has some potential for me.
Off to do some shopping, but will provide more substantial feedback later.

Last edited:
I'm going to replay Shadowrun Dragonfall - Director's Cut & Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition with a few mod campaigns. To bad the mod scene isn't that active.

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity again for a RTwP isometric fix. I'm in the middle of Act II, character level 9, and Level 14 on the Endless Paths of Of Nua. Not sure if I'll have a go at the boss on Level 15 or get some more experience first - I remember that was a tough fight, and I think I might be underlevelled for it at the minute. Next step will be the White Marches before continuing the main story. There are a few quests I didn't do on my first playthrough, like the Siege of Cragholt, that I'm looking forward to this time round.

I'm on PoE 1 at the moment as well. I started last week but am still in the first village :D

I'm probably being too thorough as per usual though. I tried quite a few times to defeat the bear on my own before even getting to the village but eventually decided I'd probably get a companion in that next village & the opportunity to come back. Which I duly did upon recruiting my first companion.

I have been itching to play Gothic II again, so I installed it on my Surface Pro 7 … it is, well a little wonky in terms of the graphics window, and occasionally freezes the system - but at least it works and I am making progress. Might have to play it on my real gaming system.

Also picked up Crysis for the Switch, and that plays surprisingly well - graphics look solid and gameplay is well translated to the Switch.

Still playing both of these - reminded of how hard Crysis can be on even Normal.

And thanks to the other thread I discovered ‘Spine’ for Gothic 2, which allowed me to get a perfectly tuned install of Gothic 2 NotR on my Surface Pro 7! This is awesome, and I am just loving my first replay in a couple of years. Playing Fire Mage (usually mage or Paladin, occasionally Merc), still in Chapter 1 and level 18.

Finished FFX, moving on to FFX-2. X was a classic example of what I expect from a jRPG: outrageous outfits, juvenile lead, a fight every 2 steps, 20 min unskippable cutscenes, difficulty spike bosses. All things I hate. I don't feel it was a bad game for it's age and type, just not for me. X-2 starts off with some surprises mechanically so I am curious to see how it plays over time.

Fighting games, weirdly enough. About 2 weeks ago I randomly ended up going down a pretty significant rabbit hole and have bought 11 fighting games since (mostly on sale; I'm not insane). I haven't owned a fighting game since the PS1 era but used to enjoy them. I've been having a lot of fun checking out the different systems and characters, and me being me, going through some story modes. MK11 is my early favorite (never used to like Mortal Kombat at all but this one is great)

The others I've bought are: MKXL, Injustice 1&2, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Blazblue: Central Fiction, SFVC, Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Killer Instinct and Blazblue Crosstag Battle. Plan to get KoFXIV, Skullgirls and Granblue Fantasy Vs, Under-Night in Birth and probably Ultimate SFIV when they're on sale.

Going to try and finish Greedfall and playing a mod called Crisis of the Confederation for Crusader Kings 2. That mod literally reminds me of the older Fading Sun strategy games.

I'm on PoE 1 at the moment as well. I started last week but am still in the first village :D

I'm probably being too thorough as per usual though. I tried quite a few times to defeat the bear on my own before even getting to the village but eventually decided I'd probably get a companion in that next village & the opportunity to come back. Which I duly did upon recruiting my first companion.
I did the same. Got my arse kicked a couple of times before deciding not to be so bloody minded and came back with back-up.

I'm playing POE1 - The White March DLCs. Just started the second part of The White March. I've owned POE1 and DLCs since they first came out, thought it's about time I finished them off.

Oh, and I need to go back to the Endless Paths and try and beat the BIG BAD there again. Never managed to do it before the DLCs, and wasn't willing to do the non-violent option (cos consequences n morals n stuff).

Right now about to finish Horizon Zero Dawn. Can't believe I had so much fun with a game that I had already played, although in a lesser system that limited it a lot.

I did the same. Got my arse kicked a couple of times before deciding not to be so bloody minded and came back with back-up.

I'm playing POE1 - The White March DLCs. Just started the second part of The White March. I've owned POE1 and DLCs since they first came out, thought it's about time I finished them off.

Oh, and I need to go back to the Endless Paths and try and beat the BIG BAD there again. Never managed to do it before the DLCs, and wasn't willing to do the non-violent option (cos consequences n morals n stuff).
I'm just in the White Marches as well. I beat the Endless Paths Big Bad last time, but not the optional one in the White Marches - I'm going to right that wrong this time. I hear there's an even harder one in WM ptII that I didn't even discover last time.

For all the flak it gets, I think this is a great game and I'm having a lot of fun with my replay.

Back
Top Bottom