RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We are kicking off the series of Gamescom articles with a preview of Solasta: Crown of the Magister.

I was shown a half hour of the demo that will be made available during the upcoming Kickstarter for the game. The demo will contain as much as possible of the game elements, features, art and music the game has to offer. The demo is however not a segment of the game, it is a stand-alone adventure specifically made for the demo and to showcase what is possible with the game.
For the Kickstarter their main goal is to build a supporting community and receive community feedback so they can make the best game possible, although it is probably also beneficial to the game if they raise a good sum of money in the process. But, regardless of the outcome of the Kickstarter, the game will be made, even if the Kickstarter would fail to raise the required funds.
More information.

Thanks for this extensive preview!
I don't have time to read it atm, but I'm very interested in the game and will do so as soon as I find a minute!

like the look of this! Looking forward to more info on this in the future..

Thanks for the preview Myrthos
This wasn't on my radar at all but it sounds brilliant! Create a party and go exploring in a D&D OGL? With lots of dice rolling? Oh yeah yeah yeah, sign me up! :) Looking forward to hearing more about the Kickstarter campaign, definitely backing it.

5th edition D&D? Color me interested. Also, party based makes it even better. Waiting to see some of these computer games based on 5E to be released. I really enjoy the 5E table top rules.

5th edition games should have been released years ago but WotC move at a snails pace.

Thanks for the info @Myrthos; This game sounds like my kind of CRPG.

5th edition D&D? Color me interested. Also, party based makes it even better. Waiting to see some of these computer games based on 5E to be released. I really enjoy the 5E table top rules.

5th edition games should have been released years ago but WotC move at a snails pace.

Wasn't Sword Coast Legends (technically) based on 5e? It seems virtually everyone who played it hated it and from the sounds of a things it was extremely watered down as far as rules, mechanics, and everything else went. Then the developer went under soon after release, presumably due to poor sales. But it's only official "5e D&D video game" until BG3 comes out.

Yeah, I was one of the folks that got suckered into Sword Coast Legends, and didn't care for it at all. I sure hope this project doesn't resemble that nightmare game at all!!!

Back
Top Bottom