Battle Brothers - 'Blazing Deserts' DLC Announcement

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new Battle Brothers DLC called Blazing Deserts has been announced.

'Blazing Deserts' DLC Announcement We're excited to announce that we're working on another DLC for Battle Brothers called 'Blazing Deserts'.

The focus of the DLC will be on expanding and enriching the existing world with a new land of burning deserts and lush jungles to the south. Across these lands you'll find a unique culture loosely based on historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages built atop the ruins of the Ancient Empire in the world of Battle Brothers. You'll find new lore and a different political system, equipment not seen anywhere else, and fresh contracts to earn your stay with. There'll be a new late game crisis, new legendary locations and several new beasts roaming the wilds. This DLC will be our biggest one yet for Battle Brothers.

Here's the rough list of features we're aiming for:

• A realm of independent southern city-states with their own lore, equipment and services, as well as entirely new character backgrounds to recruit
  • A new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil
  • A gallery of company feats that grant permanent boons with which to customize your company to your playstyle as you progress throughout your campaign
  • A variety of new opponents with their own fighting styles - from exotic beasts to desert raiders and southern armies quite unlike those in the north

New environments both on the world map and in tactical combat
  • Several new origins to pick for your company for a different campaign experience
  • New banners, weapons, armors and helmets inspired by historic Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages
  • New legendary locations and legendary rewards
  • New contracts and events
  • New crafting recipes for owners of the 'Beasts & Exploration' DLC
  • Several new music tracks by Breakdown Epiphanies to accompany you on your travels south
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, we'll explain all major features and most minor ones in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you'll always know what we're working on and why. We expect to be finished sometime in Q2 of this year and will announce a release date and final feature list once we're closer to the finish line. Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update again. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements, quality-of-life features and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions. Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC!
More information.

The soundtrack addition might be interesting.

Streamers rejoice already.

"A gallery of company feats that grant permanent boons with which to customize your company to your playstyle as you progress throughout your campaign."

Now that has me excited. I have wanted that early on and think it will add a lot to Battle Brothers.

I haven't played this yet... it's been on my list and I'm looking forward to it, but everytime I'm close to picking it up, they announce another DLC. So, I'll wait on this one too... I just love the idea of digging into this fresh when there's all this extra content they've released (and, well, I don't typically go back to play games very often, so I'd rather wait).

Again BB is only worth playing with the LEGENDS MOD and of course with my two modded scenarios there, the "I AM JUST THE COOK!", then "The Heist" all casters party.. , all of which have become deprecated because of amazing new additions to Legends. Since this Desert Ratz DLC will be ready in ~ 12 months, then I'll wait, until Legends MOD catches up .. in about 18 months. Thats a 2021 replay of this game for me. :D

Planning for the future ?

Again BB is only worth playing with the LEGENDS MOD and of course with my two modded scenarios there, the "I AM JUST THE COOK!", then "The Heist" all casters party.. , all of which have become deprecated because of amazing new additions to Legends. Since this Desert Ratz DLC will be ready in ~ 12 months, then I'll wait, until Legends MOD catches up .. in about 18 months. Thats a 2021 replay of this game for me. :D

They should have added female models previously already. They keep saying it's too much work but even if they make a few models work with women then I'm sure people will like it more.

In other words just add some kind of amazon warrior to fight against with one or two armour types that is only for females and all the rest can be the same...

They can build from there if it gets a good reception.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Could be a very dangerous move as the go woke, go broke crowd enjoys the vid product, they might come up representation, SWJ agenda style accusations.

The DLC will be released in quarter 2. They do their releases in May and Nov. This one will be released in May.

I'm playing the Undead Legion in the Legends Mod right now. That is a completely different kind of game.

They should have added female models previously already. They keep saying it's too much work but even if they make a few models work with women then I'm sure people will like it more.
Hadn't thought of this previously. They really could add two women with a variations set and call it a day. But considering what it adds to gameplay (next to nothing), plus the amount of demand for that feature (next to nothing), I don't see why it would be a priority.

I've put more hours into this game than any other, 300+ according to Steam and I might have been playing pre-Steam release too, but once I've played a game out I just can't go back to it. :(

Hadn't thought of this previously. They really could add two women with a variations set and call it a day. But considering what it adds to gameplay (next to nothing), plus the amount of demand for that feature (next to nothing), I don't see why it would be a priority.

I've put more hours into this game than any other, 300+ according to Steam and I might have been playing pre-Steam release too, but once I've played a game out I just can't go back to it. :(
That's because as men we don't ask for it. However it's clear that there are women gamers out there.

No one knew they wanted iPhone before they existed but once they were there the demand grew like crazy.

Games that don't try to attract female gamers are likely to fall in that cycle of :
There are no female portraits
Very few female gamers buy the game
Demand for female portraits is low
So let's only continue making male portraits.
There are no female portraits
Repeat...

It's a vicious cycle and you know that the effort isn't that great if they are able to create entirely new models of everything else.

They made the hexe for example. They could just make any other enemy warrior types.

Anyway, I still enjoy the game but I feel like it's a missed opportunity for the devs and players alike

I just noticed now the lack of women in this game. The demand for it baffles me and it's such bullshit as I see it.

Were there even women in mercenary outfits during medieval times? It's so idiotic and to me it seems like, for the sake on inclusion, immersion and realism should be damned.

It's because of this kind of demand that we have black people as elves and a latina as Triss in the witcher series, a polish folklore work. Nothing against it, but everything has its place. It would be as much strange if we had caucasian people in the middle of wakanda or men in an amazon outfit.

I just noticed now the lack of women in this game. The demand for it baffles me and it's such bullshit as I see it.

Were there even women in mercenary outfits during medieval times? It's so idiotic and to me it seems like, for the sake on inclusion, immersion and realism should be damned.
Yes in some very rare cases women were soldiers in mercenary outfits, but more then likely they were camp followers. Basically cooks, bed warmers, wife's and so on.

Still I don't care just wanted to reply to your question.

Last edited:

It's because of this kind of demand that we have black people as elves and a latina as Triss in the witcher series, a polish folklore work. Nothing against it, but everything has its place. It would be as much strange if we had caucasian people in the middle of wakanda or men in an amazon outfit.
Except that these are fantasy settings. So that argument doesn't fly for me.

If you make a game like Kingdom Deliverance which has no magic and meant to be based on history then I would agree. When you have elves and witches and sea serpents that argument loses a lot of credibility...

Back
Top Bottom