Iratus: Lord of the Dead - Review @BagoGames

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
BagoGames reviewed Iratus: Lord of the Dead and gave it a 9/10.

This is a game that slowly gets Iratus' undead fingernails into you, and before you know it you'll be up for all hours of the night battling through "just one more room". In a way it's more accessible than Darkest Dungeon because it's very easy to get into. The tutorial is clear, and allows you to work though it at your own pace.

There's never a need to rush in Iratus: Lord of the Dead, and that's what puts it ahead of other dungeon crawling roguelike RPGs in my eyes. Part of what makes it so interesting is the way that the lore of the world is told. You only get snippets here and there, certainly no lengthy cutscenes.

For example, the flavour text for one room early on in the starting area mentions how the miners found in the game are criminals, and general wastes of space. They've dug down deeper than any sane person would, but only because they've been drugged to the point that they aren't aware of what they're doing.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Well nice to see a favorable review. Still have to play it though.

I don't see how this game could be relevant when Darkest Dungeon is already around. It's as if it's obsolete right out of launch day.

Everything this game does is done better by Darkest Dungeon. I thought it was just a sad clone, no personality at all, and nothing new to add.

I could not stand it after just 1 hour and a half. I decided to give it another chance and played for 1 hour and a half more. It's ridiculous, it would be more fun to watch paint dry. Ended up getting a refund.

Back
Top Bottom