Battle Brothers - Switch Announcement - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Battle Brothers - Switch Announcement

Default Battle Brothers - Switch Announcement

January 30th, 2020, 21:56
Overhype Studios have announced that Battle Brothers is coming to Switch.

Instead of having a dev blog this week we bring you a special announcement.

For a long time now you guys have written to us how you'd love to play Battle Brothers on your Switch and take your campaign on the road. Both the game and the community have grown a lot over the past couple of years, and these days there's nary a dev blog without you guys asking for Battle Brothers on your Switch. Being able to play a hardcore tactical turn-based game with lots of replayability wherever you are? Let's make it happen!

We're excited to announce that Battle Brothers is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year!

That's right! Soon you'll be able to lead your own mercenary company through the perils of a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world even while traveling. You'll get to decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight from the comfort of a relaxing couch. And it'll be your choice what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign whether you're commuting or flying ten thousand feet in the air. You'll get to play with all the content and features of the PC version, and you'll have access to all available DLC - including the upcoming 'Blazing Deserts' DLC and the free 1.4 update which will release in Q2 of this year.

To bring Battle Brothers to the Switch in the best way possible, we've partnered with Ukiyo Publishing for this. This means that we can focus all of our energy on developing more content and gameplay features for Battle Brothers, while Ukiyo Publishing, with over a decade in industry experience, will make sure that it is just as enjoyable an experience on the Switch as it is on the PC. Good thing then that they're fans of Battle Brothers themselves!
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 01:28
I can picfure the game working pretty well on the Switch.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

January 31st, 2020, 03:14
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
I can picfure the game working pretty well on the Switch.
Psh, *everyone* knows Battle Brothers is not for playing, it is for streaming.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 13:51
Hope it sells great because Battle Brothers 2 needs to be made. My favorite strategy game of all time. Never thought HoMM 3 or Civ 4 would be knocked aside.

1) Battle Brothers
2) HoMM 3
3) Civ 4 (Modded Fall from Heaven)
4) Fantasy General
5) HoMM 2
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 15:59
So great to see Overhype continuing its long record of success! Put over 300 hours into Battle Brothers, more than any other game ever I think.
Though I'd rather see them do something different that "Battle Brothers 2," assuming they ever wrap up the first game. It seems to keep laying golden eggs.
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal | Stygian | Realms Beyond
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG | Urtuk: The Desolation

screeg

floating head
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 17:55
Wow, if I still had my old Switch I'd certainly be picking this game up for it. Honestly, it's darn near perfect for that system.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

January 31st, 2020, 19:01
A system seller, no doubt about it.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 1st, 2020, 18:52
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Psh, *everyone* knows Battle Brothers is not for playing, it is for streaming.
Psh 'everyone' knows all 'human beings' are born with unalienable rights.

In another world, streamers play the vid products they stream and the market of customers willing to play made for streamer vid products without either streaming or watching streams is larger than the streamer market.

This site is populated by players from that customer segment.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

February 1st, 2020, 18:54
Anyone want to wager that Chien is actually an incorporeal alien "intelligence" stranded on earth, desperately trying to get a handle on basic human communication?
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal | Stygian | Realms Beyond
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG | Urtuk: The Desolation

screeg

floating head
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

February 2nd, 2020, 19:40
Communcation like debate. Nothing to expect.

A mere comment about the old american proponents' trick, dismissing people one of their obvious qualities, in this case streamers depicted as non players.

And in all likelihood, any alien life that has been observing the Earth since 1776 is in the know of the trick. No renewal, same gimmick over and over again.

And it does not take to an alien life to have noticed, being a sentient life form living on Earth is enough.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

February 2nd, 2020, 19:58
Who has said that Streamers aren't players? I wouldn't call people who only watch streams players though, but I think most of the people that do watch streams play games as well. Which would make them players too. To claim a product like Battle Brothers is "made for streaming" is purely nonsense though. It's made for playing. If it's ALSO an enjoyable title for people to stream, so be it.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

February 2nd, 2020, 21:37
Post 3.

It is made for playing, how else streamers could play it.

That being stated, it is made to cater for streamers' needs.
Just as every player is not a gamer, every player is not a streamer.

Streaming comes with specific needs.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

February 2nd, 2020, 22:45
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Streaming comes with specific needs.
I'm sure they do, and I'm also sure developers know this and wish to cater to those needs. I do however not agree that the games who are the preference of most people on this site are in fact made for steamers, something you often claim.

If that were true, the developers were clairvoyant since many of not most of the games that are present in say top 10 lists of Watch forum members were made a decade or more before Streaming was even a thing.

Now, when you say "made for Streamers" you might mean something else, like "suitable for Streamers". And then I won't even disagree with you regarding the issue, because I have no freaking idea what's suitable for Streaming.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

February 3rd, 2020, 20:13
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
I'm sure they do, and I'm also sure developers know this and wish to cater to those needs. I do however not agree that the games who are the preference of most people on this site are in fact made for steamers, something you often claim.

If that were true, the developers were clairvoyant since many of not most of the games that are present in say top 10 lists of Watch forum members were made a decade or more before Streaming was even a thing.
Which list.
Mentioned many times: streaming has affected gradually the design in vid products. Who claimed that streaming affected games prior to its emergence.
Like telling that crowdfunding funded games before it was introduced.

And this forum is not stuck in the past, what matters is not a list from before the streaming era but from during the streaming era.
Now, when you say "made for Streamers" you might mean something else, like "suitable for Streamers". And then I won't even disagree with you regarding the issue, because I have no freaking idea what's suitable for Streaming.
Made for streamers and suitable for any other player who does not care they are made for streamers. Hence suitable for this site.
--

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Battle Brothers - Switch Announcement