Resident Evil 5 confirmed for PC!

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Capcom just announced that RE5 will indeed be hitting the PC later this year, and that it will be optimized for the PC this time.

Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that three of its blockbuster hit console games of 2009 will be coming to the PC beginning this summer. Bionic Commando®, Street Fighter® IV and Resident Evil® 5 will all be coming to the PC, beginning in July with Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando, while Resident Evil 5 comes later in the year. All three games will be optimized for the PC platform and will have new PC-specific features added to the already great games. Street Fighter IV has been rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB), while Bionic Commando and Resident Evil 5 are both rated M for Mature. All three games will be available both at retail and via various digital distribution methods, including Capcom’s own e-store.

http://capcom.gamespress.com/link.asp?i=141&r=7420&r2=5381

Looks like I can hold off buying that Xbox 360.....

I personally consider RE5 to be the best game released this year so far and I have more than 100 hours clocked in it, with everything in the game unlocked or completed (except for the online trophies). It's a 3rd person shooter, not a Survival Horror game but it's as a 3rd person shooter it's a really great game. After finishing the game on Professional I played the game on Easy with my cohabit and even she liked it as much that she's now using Sheva Alomar as an avatar on MSN. Playing coop was really fun.

PC RES5 will lack the offline coop. So to play the pc coop you need two games. And I doubt I get anyone I know to buy the PC version.

Its the same as with i.e gears of war. I buy them for PC but I could only play coop on xbox version because nobody else has the pc version. Ive been thinking of buying the xbox version of gears just to get the coop. Thats the main beef of the game anyways.

The lack of offline coop is not surprising, offline coop is almost unheard of for PC gaming nowadays. Not a big deal imo.

I'm ecstatic that Capcom is bring RE5 to the PC, with additional features/content no less. I was going to buy an Xbox or PS3 just to play this game! I've pretty much played every version of every RE game ever made. It's my all time favorite game series to originate from a console.

Whoo! RE5!

...although I would be more excited if they either released Code Veronica X for the PC or if they re-released RE2 for the PC like they did in Japan.

I bet you'll still need a controller as I doubt there will be mouse support. I played RE4 on the PC and there was no mouse support. You had to aim with the keyboard, and you can imagine what a joke that was.

Still, I aim just as badly with a controller so WTF.

...although I would be more excited if they either released Code Veronica X for the PC or if they re-released RE2 for the PC like they did in Japan.

Code Veronica X was awesome, I remember buying a Sega Dreamcast just to play the original release of that game. I have the re-release, as well as the re-release of RE2, for the Gamecube/Wii.

I bet you'll still need a controller as I doubt there will be mouse support. I played RE4 on the PC and there was no mouse support. You had to aim with the keyboard, and you can imagine what a joke that was.

Doesn't bother me one bit, these games weren't designed for mouse&keyboard anyways. There's an unofficial patch you can download for the PC version of RE4 that gives it mouse support, but I still choose to use a gamepad. The Logitech Dual Action gampad works great for these types of games.

Code Veronica X was awesome, I remember buying a Sega Dreamcast just to play the original release of that game. I have the re-release, as well as the re-release of RE2, for the Gamecube/Wii.
Nice. Me too, by the way - Also bought the 'cast for the original CV. CV:X was great, too - I'm surprised they didn't advertise it with a slogan along the lines of "Code Veronica X: Now with 100% more Wesker!". I also grabbed RE2 for the Wii, and RE4 for the Wii.

..oh, and if you haven't heard, the Japanese re-releases of 0 and 1 on the Wii (with added wii-controller usage) are being released Stateside.

..oh, and if you haven't heard, the Japanese re-releases of 0 and 1 on the Wii (with added wii-controller usage) are being released Stateside.

Yeah, I probably won't get them though, I didn't really care for the Wii version of RE4. I don't like the Wii control schemes, and I find the floating crosshair to be too unrealistic.

I have had Code Veronica X sitting for ps2 for few years now. After day of left4dead it feels like I might finally start the resident evil series from veronica.

I havent really played the previous versions (I was never fan of the original even) but veronica has a fmv of what happened in those so that should help.

The lack of offline coop is not surprising, offline coop is almost unheard of for PC gaming nowadays. Not a big deal imo.
Offline coops were one of the most fun things in the 90s in PC games. And there are still som PC games that have offline coop - too bad most of them are sports.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'd recommend starting the series with Code Veronica (if you plan on eventually playing all of them), there will definitely be some plot references you won't understand. It was the 4th game in the series in order of release, and the 5th one chronologically.

I actually enjoyed the Wii controls for RE4. I found them easier then the PS2/gamecube controller - but then again I hate trying to aim on console controllers.

I'd start with RE2 if you can find a copy of it, Zakhal - it's my favorite of the games (followed closely by code veronica) and is a real treat to play.

Considering that they turned the excellent RE4 into a bucketful of suck ... I'll have to see it to believe it ...

Considering that they turned the excellent RE4 into a bucketful of suck ... I'll have to see it to believe it ...

Actually the PC port of RE4 isn't all that bad since they patched it. It was horrible when it was first released without some of the textures and lighting effects from the Gamecube version. The patch really made a big difference.

Capcom obviously took fan feedback to heart though, which is why they've made it a point to announce that RE5 will be optimized for the PC. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in action.

Actually the PC port of RE4 isn't all that bad since they patched it.

OK, compared to the Wii version they improved it from 'fetid pile of stinking rubbish' to 'mediocre'. But what I played out of the box was unforgivable.

OK, compared to the Wii version they improved it from 'fetid pile of stinking rubbish' to 'mediocre'. But what I played out of the box was unforgivable.

It's not mediocre at all after being patched, imo anyways. I guess it comes down to what you like, I actually thought the Wii version was the worst out of all of them. The floaty white cursor really hurt the immersion factor for me, and made the game too easy as well.

Back
Top Bottom