replaying Might and Magic VII: 20+ replays

You're not forgetting to edit MM7.ini are you? Mouselook isn't enabled by default.

Other than that, I'm at a loss. Your original installation was working fine before you accidentally deleted the ini file right?

Yep. My original installation was pre-Galaxy, pre-Grayface 2.0, but I've tried both ideas in the last several hours. I've installed the non-Galaxy version that you have, Grayface 1.6.2, and copied/edited Moriendor's ini file and nothing works. It's as if running the patch doesn't do anything at all. If you and M have a MM7.exe after running Grayface, perhaps that is what I'm missing. I'll tackle it in the morning. I can play the game as is, but the mouselook and fixes are nice.

w00t! Moriendor got me back up and running. He sent his executable and that worked. I'm back in business with mouselook AND resolutions. Yippee!

I agree, Drithius. Great guide and I'll be doing 6 or 8 after 7, so a good reminder. I generally play all 3 once I get in the MMood.

I'm at the spot in the game where you're waiting for the war to be over. I wish it would just end when you deliver the trumpet to whomever. I've done all my first promotions; though I may go finish up all the honorary ones that I don't have a represented class. I've done Thief, Druid, Cleric and Sorcerer as those are my classes. I've also done Knight, Paladin, Ranger, and Monk. I guess that leaves only the Archer and that's the Titan dungeon. Gotta go get invisibility if I want to tackle that one. The Titans aren't bad. It's all those water elementals in front of the dang thing. I'm only level 15, though once the War finishes, I'll be able to level up to around 30. Water Elementals can outright slay my party with the amount of water resistance I can put up right now. I need the levels so that I can raise my Water Magic and resistance.

Just run through them, though you're likely to need invisibility inside the keep at that level, in which case you might as well use it to get past the elementals.

I'd do that but I don't have invisibility yet and I was waiting till the war is over to train up my guys. The dude died last night so I can finally pick a side (light) and train. Whichever side I pick, I always use an editor to give my mages the other school :)

Back
Top Bottom