NWN2 Removing a party memeber?

Neverwinter Nights 2

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Removing a party member?

Heeeeelp! ;)

How the hell do we remove a member, it's not in the Right click menu, nothing in the Tutorial and nothing anywhere.

Thanks.

Last edited:
There is possibility later on in the game to choose which party member you want to have with you in game. (Its still in the ACT I part so its still early ...)

But i don't know how you kick som member out of the "gang".

You can choose pretty much as you see fit as you do in KOTOR using Millenium Falcon ... er, Flying Griphon er, ... hm ... Thousand eagle ... or, whatever that ship was called! :)

----

Now i am thinking out loud. How about starting a dialog with said NPC and ask him to leave? Is that possible?

I tried that too, as an example you can almost always ask Missio.... Nessika something via Talk too, but many times no one else.

Yes, I am still in chapter 1. :)
Didn't realise that might matter.

Haha, im docked at my spacestation the Flying Flagoon. :p

Oh another weird thing is he tells you, you can store stuff in chest in your room, but there are NO chest.

He does say your friends can stay here and will be waiting for you, so I didn't think you couldn't do it.

When you leave the flagon don't you get a dialogue showing your party? From there you can select who goes with you.

Ahh, no haven't tried to leave yet, that explains it.

Thanks. :)

Is not only me getting confused over names.

"Why on EARTH isn't she shooting arrows. WHY is she in close combat...."

"Oh..."

"Thats why my druid loosing health..."

But still, i love names. Better than NPC 1, NPC2 and NPC 3. :)

(I think i would have best SA if my charactes was color coded instead, like in kindergarten)

Last edited:
Have you guys picked up any other NPC's yet? I'll not spoilerize (it is common knowledge that you *can* get many NPC's), but I *love* the first one I picked up ...

I am thinking of useing others next play through cause it seems to change the story (not the grand one, but the little tiny one...).

I love those i have with me right know. They are charming and they hate eachother enough to make me laugh. Cant bring me to ruin this ... ;)

Well thats why I was concerned as I am afraid to talked to any named.
I am worried which dialogue I picked would determine Influence, just meeting a possible new recruit.

The problem is in KotOR you could see your Influence as a number, its been awhile [waiting for the Restored version to hit before a replay ;) ] but I am almost positive you could see it, so you nknew who you needed to work on but this were flying blind.

Un NWN 2 unless this is some other poorly explained function like removing members, or Setting Keys or crappy Save Systems, I just can't find it. :(

So I have been trying to figure this out as I don't want my Influence messed up any more, which I why I started that Console thread, hehe. :)

Yes, Kilgar is great completly turned around the bad feeling I had playing the Tutorial. ;)

Last edited:
I went through that, but a couple of battles later I was laughing out loud and not regretting for a second ...

I dunno - I thought that the party thing was pretty obvious, since the first time you leave the tavern it says something when popping up the party management dialogue (unless you had already disabled tutorial dialogues!)

As for the rest you know I agree ...

On influence, you see things like 'Your influence with Handmaiden has increased +3
when it happens but you can't check your overall influence through normal means. I know what you're saying, though - you can't help but wonder where you stand, and if you lost influence but didn't see it because too much other stuff scrolled by ...

He could be a classic RPG charater, since I am still in the first chapter its hard to tell if he will make my top 100 greatest NPCs list but he is damn good.

I couldnt stop laughing at some of his comments very well written and acted, like in Highpoint if you tell him "We didn't come here to Fight" he really seems confused and hurt, listening to him and Misssss... Nesskia bicker is a hoot. :)

Yeah - I'm not letting him go any time soon!

"I dunno - I thought that the party thing was pretty obvious,"
I didn't go strait to the Tavern and had no idea, as I said I wsa afraid to talk to anyone when I walked around just went to Temple and Ophila since I knew [guessed] they didn't have to do with party member joining only personal quest.
Still by the time I get to Neverwinter I have played about 10 hours or so [not sure], which means I couldn't learn about it for that long.
All they had to do was talk about it in the tutorial, well imo. :)

I don't think I disabled the popups, but even if I didn't it would be terrible to think someone picking up this game and not knowing.
I sure hope that wouldn't disable the Compainon's window, that would be nutz.

The toughest one for me so far is the Druid, since I have never played one I have really no idea how to dress/play her.
I am guessing Light Armor even though she has Medium, since she is a caster and finally gave her a bow as she kept running in Melee as a Beaver. :p

I settled on a Mage after about 10 hours of trying to start, so I am pretty much set I think. :)
It was hell being stuck in the Tutorial or there about for 10 hours trying to get started and like you when I finally got Kilgar I couldn't stop laughing. :)

So YOU are playing a mage, or using the mage companion?

I'm a pally,and got tired of the rodent after a bit, although my natural alignment had me gaining influence with her like crazy. I'll go back for her soon, it is just hard to break up the bickersons ... :)

Hm, never thought of it that way. I just love talking to people and hearing "their" story. I always hope to see some sequence story telling. There are some fun ones in never winter.
I think i let go of the fear ruining this experience in Highpoint cause, there i decided that this game has to be replayed. Right now i am a righteous pompus arse. And i play that pretty much as i see fit. Always on the little ones side, and my little thief in the party, as much as i need her, i am loosing points most of the time towards her. But, it will be fun to see how i can play the game through like this. Since the dialog options is great and pretty much thought through i wonder if Obisidian can pull this one off and really create a different experience, next time. It sure looks like it. (mind you it will be the same OC, but ... ).

I am in love with my Druid, and i like my Dwarf and i Need Neshka, well she is fun... somehow. :)

I like the druid ... I am just wishing for a 6 member party all of a sudden ;)

How many npc's can you have at once in NWN2?

Any news of a NWN2 demo? I want to try this game but I have to admit that I was not impressed with the first NWN at all. I've heard that NWN2 is a lot better, but these comparisons to KOTOR are scaring me a little. I played through KOTOR and enjoyed it, but I didn't think that engine would mesh well with a D&D game.

Back
Top Bottom