Gothic 3 Demo released

me too. bioshock is the only game i've ever looked forward to more than a gothic game...now there is some high expectations.

Remember, in G3, you are NOT a noob!! You're an experienced campaigner. Trust me, you will die quickly once you get past the opening section. They may have modified it some for the demo as well. Having said that, I do agree that most of the NPC's are weak at fighting everything (but me sometimes :) ). I remember killing 3 skeletons while 3-4 NPC's struggled with 1!! We all agree that there are some balance issues with the game, and PB have said they are addressing them.

PS, SS1 is better than SS2 IMO!!

Hi guys, downloaded the demo (Seems to be Version 1.9.2XXXX) How does the performance compare to the retail version? The graphics seem great but I get these awful 3 second stalls which is why I'm leaning towards buying Neverwinter Nights 2. (Assuming that runs fine as well) I've got 1GB of RAM, using a 7900 Go GS

After the load stutter, the combat seemed fun (Although, right click spam is far too effective) I don't know how the combat progresses, but I loved G1's combat and the timing needed.

I also didn't seem to encounter problems with beasts which I've heard so much about. Wolves, scavengers etc. seemed to go peacefully :biggrin:

Haven't really gotten into the demo so can't comment on story, but the main thing holding me back are those loading pauses, they really destroy the experience for me. Running with Medium Textures and Medium Resource Cache as well...

You have a patched version, so the beasties are reasonable. Your 1gig is the reason for the stutter, especially in the opening sequence; you need to use some of the tweaks in another thread!!

You have a patched version, so the beasties are reasonable. Your 1gig is the reason for the stutter, especially in the opening sequence; you need to use some of the tweaks in another thread!!
Haha, I done the so called 1GB RAM tweaks (Didn't help much) but the Visual Tweaks were great.

I then decided to set the Resource Cache to High and the game is completely playable now! (Other than the odd pause when entering a new area)

Having a great time with the demo now, going to have to get money together for both NWN2 and Gothic 3!

I'll have to put my original .ini files back one day. I can't even remember what it was like before. :D I wonder, why wouldn't Piranha bytes have made these tweaks, maybe depending on the detected system configuration? It was the same with Oblivion. That could run a lot better with some tweaks. There must be a reason that they don't do it (other than lack of time/polish).

Glad everything is working for you now!!

Back
Top Bottom