Baldur's Gate - Blathering About Durlag's Tower

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Lilura has arrived at Durlag's Tower in Baldur's Gate and continues her detailed playthrough of the game with this part V.

Durlag's Tower is, from its loftiest storey to its deepest pit, filled with proximity traps and trapped containers which, when tripped, threaten to inflict all manner of direct damage, debuffing and disabling effects on victims unlucky enough to be unprotected from their effects or fail their saving throw or magic resistance check. [1] Springing proximity traps doesn't normally disable them: they will reset and remain a threat until deftly dealt with by a thief with solid investment in the vital skill, Find/Remove Traps (see Blathering Part II for more info on thieving). Hold Person and Chromatic Orb: Stun proximity traps are bemusing in that it's possible to be caught within the proximity and held fast over and over again! (Until the victim makes their save/MR check, or the trap is removed from under their clumsy feet!)
More information.

Durlag's Tower was a walk pathing nightmare. In many locations I had to move the party one character at a time. What a nuisance. But otherwise it was a good classic dungeon crawl.

I tended to not want to move my characters too much in Durlags because of the traps. Yeah sometimes the characters got confused and took the long way. Typically it was always Minsc which I guess was keeping in character.

Back
Top Bottom