Cyberpunk 2077 - Drivable Vehicles and Planes

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamepressure reports that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature drivable vehicles and planes:

[...]

CD Projekt RED are very stingy when it comes to sharing new information about Cyberpunk 2077, their upcoming RPG, which is said to be bigger and better than their previous hit The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. However, they couldn’t prevent the Internet community from viewing their job offers, which reveal some tasty details on the game. One of them, for a senior vehicle artist, mentions the need for modeling “incredibly complex vehicles, planes, bikes, robots and mechanics”. Another one says that the vehicles will by drivable/flyable and have different handling models.

[...]

More information.

The bane of my gaming existence, drivable vehicles in games. They better at least have the ability to use K&M and controller together so I can switch to drive.

Not even sure I'll be picking this up anyhow. I really enjoyed the Witcher but Witcher 2 is wearing on me with all the cutscenes and I hear Witcher 3 has even more cutscenes. I prefer to play my games not watch them.

The bane of my gaming existence, drivable vehicles in games. They better at least have the ability to use K&M and controller together so I can switch to drive.

Not even sure I'll be picking this up anyhow. I really enjoyed the Witcher but Witcher 2 is wearing on me with all the cutscenes and I hear Witcher 3 has even more cutscenes. I prefer to play my games not watch them.

Now that the Witcher 3 GOTY version is out, you should give it a try. The cutscenes add to the flow of the game not detract. One of the best CRPGs ever.

Kinda have to have these - it's a Cyberpunk setting.

If you enjoy RPG's you really owe it to yourself to play The Witcher 3. PG Gamer named it the number 1 game of all time for a reason. Not just RPG but all games.

I couldn't get myself to finish either Witcher 2 or 3 because the combat just wasn't my cup of tea and because the crafting was just too tedious BUT I readily recommend it to other rpg fans because there's just so much that's well done, despite it not being to my personal taste.

I hope cyberpunk's combat and crafting (if any) is more to my liking.

Now that the Witcher 3 GOTY version is out, you should give it a try. The cutscenes add to the flow of the game not detract. One of the best CRPGs ever.

I wouldn't call it a crpg...Witcher's design goals are more opposite, in fact. But cutscenes and cinematic storytelling are plus in a game with emphasis on dialogue and characters, considering quality of facial animations here.
Imo, they definitely struck a good balance here, considering size of the game.

TW2 doesn't even have that many cutscenes compared to some games I've played. I'd like to see you attempt one of the Final Fantasy games. ;)

TW2 doesn't even have that many cutscenes compared to some games I've played. I'd like to see you attempt one of the Final Fantasy games. ;)

Nowhere near MGSIV… think one sequence is more than one hour long.

Directed by (none other than): Hideo Kojima. :p

I didn't finish The Witcher 3, either. I guess I'm just a bit tired of that type of action RPG. Superficial character development and rolling around hitting things…not very thrilling action for me. Felt pretty much the same way about The Witcher 2.

That said, The Witcher 3 just might have the best writing I can remember. The characters are actually plausible. Good dialogue. Very nice in that department.

EDIT: Oh, and this was the usually informative kind of trailer. Cybernetic chicks in bustsiers are impervious to slow-motion bullets. Check. Got it.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm already super excited this is getting made. Already seeing in my mind how good it can be...
I also hope the combat will be better than Witcher 3's. Since this will have gun fights, good FPS mechanics might make this fun as long as they don't dumb it down too much.
The Cyberpunk setting is ace anyways. Great to know they bought the whole IE and are not just licensing.

Finally some news about this game ... even if its drivable planes

Back
Top Bottom