RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Great we both fixed it..... I can undo mine now :)

I have a request to help out us older.....ummm.....less visually acute. Can you offer a visual theme similar to the old site? The dark background and light text is easier for me to read......especially since I tend to read tons of threads lol. I have a rather large LCD and the light from it on this theme is giving me sunburn. Oh, and I AM using the "dark" theme(which is'nt.)

Also on the main RPGWATCH forum, a view new posts thingy would be nice. The option is available in forum tools once you are inside a sub-forum, but would be handy from the main forum index.

*scratches head*

Uh.. are you saying you are using the dark color scheme, but it isn't dark? Or not dark enough? Or is it too dark and you want something "medium"?

The text field area is the same. The only thing that changed was the color of the border

When the tab reads 'dark', you're using the light scheme, and vice versa. If you want it dark, you need to press the 'dark' tab, afterwards it reads 'light'.
The default setting doesn't have dark or light tabs, it's always light. To get a dark and light variant, you need to use the Lapis Watch or Amber Watch schemes.

Is there a 'timeout' applied after logging in?

After logging in, i read the topics then if i post a reply, say after about 5 minutes, an error screen pops-up (not logged in) then i have to re log-in. This happens every day i try.
If i copy text and paste right away as i log-in then all is o.k - surely as long as i am logged in i should be able to post comments without having to 're log-in'.

I have the remove all cookies on exit function enabled in firefox, does this matter?

:(

I'd think that sounds like a plausible reason. I've never had to re-log in!!

Thanks Corwin,

i've altered the settings and will test over the next few days.

PS: i've just found that remembering the cookies also loads with the last preferred chosen colour scheme!!...now its on dark amber watch every time, i should have known.. :blush:

cookie.jpg

Me want cookies.
RPGWatch looove cookies.

When the tab reads 'dark', you're using the light scheme, and vice versa. If you want it dark, you need to press the 'dark' tab, afterwards it reads 'light'.
The default setting doesn't have dark or light tabs, it's always light. To get a dark and light variant, you need to use the Lapis Watch or Amber Watch schemes.

Thanks Jaz. I click "dark" and now it is :) BTW, Lapis dark does'nt display properly using Opera, but Amber dark(sounds like a beer :p ) is fine. I can't explain how Lapis dark displays on Opera, you'll just have to see for yourself.

BTW, Lapis dark does'nt display properly using Opera, but Amber dark(sounds like a beer :p ) is fine. I can't explain how Lapis dark displays on Opera, you'll just have to see for yourself.
I'm doing so now and everything looks fine (Opera 9.02). Lapis and Amber should only be different colors, really, nothing else. Are you using an older version? Or maybe try to shift-click the reload button, in case some wrong data has been cached.

Could you at least try to explain what's wrong with Lapis dark? :)

Dam, now this is odd. After editting the last link, everything is displaying normally. I was using Lapis to post both links and nothing changed. As soon as I edited the second link, it works fine...WTF?

I doubt this is a site issue, but I've noticed something strange. When I first visited this site the first thing I noticed was that everything was really huge. For example, this "Quick Reply" window is taking up about half of my LCD widescreen 24" screen. Most awkward of all is the initial home page (the newsbits or "ALL NEWS" section). Here I have to scroll horizontally almost three full windows (default size - not maximized) just to view the third column. I'll take screenshots with the window at its default size and at its maximized size so perhaps someone can offer me some assistance. At first I thought this awkwardness was just because the site was still very new and I fully anticipated that it'd be fixed up shortly, but just yesterday I viewed the site from a computer in the computer cluster on campus and it all looked nice and smooth and attractive. Anyway, this is when I realized the problem must be somewhere in my personal settings or elsewhere on my end. To clarify, all other sites I visit on this computer appear just fine. RPGDot for example, appears as it is supposed to appear. It seems to be only this site that looks different than it's supposed to be. This may be irrelevant, but I should also mention that I notice some zoom features on the front page. I've tried both "small zoom" and "larger zoom" under "HELP." Neither of these fix the problem, but the larger soom seems to make it worse. I'll see if I can't post those screenshots now...

Default Browser Size:
UO0008.jpg

UO0003.jpg

UO0004.jpg

Maximized Browser Size:
UO0007.jpg

UO0006.jpg

UO0005.jpg

I hope this helps and I apologize for taking up so much space. Thanks!

Here's a couple quick screenshots of this forum thread:
UO0010.jpg

UO0009.jpg

I don´t see screenshots.

I doubt this is a site issue, but I've noticed something strange. When I first visited this site the first thing I noticed was that everything was really huge. For example, this "Quick Reply" window is taking up about half of my LCD widescreen 24" screen.!

My guess is that you have set the text size to "large" or somesuch in IE, or zoomed in in Opera. Try to set the text size to medium (View -> text size).

Back
Top Bottom