Pricewatch!

My AC run stumbled over AC3. Spend 50 hours tinkering around before I realized I was just collecting flags and conquering forts. Never even made it a quarter through the main missions. Black flag sounds much more interesting but I lost my schwung.

LOL why did you do that?
Forts conquering, sure, there are 9-10 of them so it's fun. But going for useless collectibles? You must be joking.
The only thing worth collecting in AC games are cash chests and not even all of those - just to the point your economy gets milkable enough. And of course solving about 20 special puzzles to open the special mindblowing short vid in AC2…

Anyway, I'll think about what I've said, others can grab The Stick of Truth and FC3 (go for deluxe!) for a juicy deal.

My AC run stumbled over AC3. Spend 50 hours tinkering around before I realized I was just collecting flags and conquering forts. Never even made it a quarter through the main missions. Black flag sounds much more interesting but I lost my schwung.

Assassin's Creed 1 and 3 are definitely the weakest parts of the series up to Black Flag (I haven't played Rogue and Unity yet as they are still way too expensive).
Black Flag is a night and day difference compared to the very meh-ish no. 3. It's an awesome game all around. In Black Flag I even enjoyed conquering all of the forts and picking up all of the collectibles because the world was so beautiful and exploration was fun.
Unless you really dislike the pirate setting, I'd highly recommend giving it a try as soon as you've found back your "schwung" :) .

Yet another Ubisoft sale wherein they don't discount any of their older games. Grr.

I stumbled across a Spiders RPG Pack on Amazon that downloads to Steam for $12.49.

http://www.amazon.com/SPIDERS-PACK-...s_vg_dl_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1YW96Q25VY39SRV112RF

Contains Bound by Flame, Of Orcs & Men, Faery & Mars: War Logs. Spiders is an ambitious studio that sometimes doesn't reach it's mark, but you can appreciate that they're reaching. I have a soft spot for Mars: War Logs in particular. This is a great buy if you're looking to get everything in one go but I'd be hesitant to suggest it if you've already picked up a couple of them. Read reviews!

LOL why did you do that?
Forts conquering, sure, there are 9-10 of them so it's fun. But going for useless collectibles? You must be joking.
The only thing worth collecting in AC games are cash chests and not even all of those - just to the point your economy gets milkable enough. And of course solving about 20 special puzzles to open the special mindblowing short vid in AC2…
I... I got caught in its trap. I always want to do subquests first (base building, forts, etc...), but while doing so collectibles were often not far away. The bastards placed them well.

Yet another Ubisoft sale wherein they don't discount any of their older games. Grr.

I stumbled across a Spiders RPG Pack on Amazon that downloads to Steam for $12.49.

http://www.amazon.com/SPIDERS-PACK-...s_vg_dl_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1YW96Q25VY39SRV112RF

Contains Bound by Flame, Of Orcs & Men, Faery & Mars: War Logs. Spiders is an ambitious studio that sometimes doesn't reach it's mark, but you can appreciate that they're reaching. I have a soft spot for Mars: War Logs in particular. This is a great buy if you're looking to get everything in one go but I'd be hesitant to suggest it if you've already picked up a couple of them. Read reviews!

All 4 are on Steam? I can't tell by reading the description.

Yes-all four of them has Steam listed as DRM

Steam's 'week long sales' include Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition for 50% off & Elminage Gothic for 70% off. Possibly others that I missed.

Others are... Amalur for 5 bucks.

Definitely pick up Elminage Gothic. Fantastic dungeon-crawler.

I'll probably grab Icewind Dale: EE since I haven't played Icewind Dale at all yet. It's on my 'must play' list, though. :)

I'll probably grab Icewind Dale

Do it. Do it now.

I'm definitely grabbing Elminage at 70% off. Don't know when I'll get to actually play it though.

Elminage Gothic is great. Out of all the games installed on my SSD, I keep going back to that one.

@JDR13: Do let me know. I lost interest in MMX rather rapidly, due to the linearity. But I do still have a hankering for something in that vein.

How long did you play M&M X for? It's anything but linear after a certain point. I've even felt a little lost at times because I had so many choices on where to go and what to do.

I'll probably mess around with Elminage a bit later today.

M&M X sounds great. I just picked it up in a bundle and will have to play it soon.

Here is a video review I made for Elminage Gothic. Shows some gameplay, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFP255RtptM

I feel like Elminage Gothic is a bit of a basic dungeon-crawler, but it's got some really great elements that make the end result more than the sum of its parts.

Great atmosphere, beautiful HD artwork, surreal art direction, dark/creepy/downright strange vibes. It's just great.

Take your time with it, immerse yourself in it and you will hopefully get drawn in as I did. :)

How long did you play M&M X for? It's anything but linear after a certain point. I've even felt a little lost at times because I had so many choices on where to go and what to do.

I'll probably mess around with Elminage a bit later today.

While not strictly linear, it felt (at least on the harder difficulty) like it was an intended path through the game, as most areas would be blocked by enemies that were too powerful to fight.

That may be the case. I'm just playing on normal so I wouldn't have to worry about unnecessary restrictions. Not finding it linear at all. Some combat is plenty challenging even so.

I'm definitely grabbing Elminage at 70% off. Don't know when I'll get to actually play it though.

That is what I did - put it off since I was mostly doing Mac and iOS ... now that I am back full-PC gaming ... oh, yeah :)

Back
Top Bottom