Star Citizen - Chris Roberts Interview

It's not. I'm it's Kickstarter backer and I didn't receive full release key. Whatever is released is not the game itself.

Again with this shifting in meaning of words.

This product is meant to be developped after the main release happens. The full release of what... all of the features that will be added after that main release.

Full means full.

Product is already released, crowdfunders can participe to the developpment with their feedback. Classical crowdfunded project.

And it is streamed.

On that note, I better go do something a little more productive than pointing out ignorance among the ignorant.

Have fun all! :)

It is already released. Crowdfunded project with the usual early access to it.

Cant be a scam. It is just a crowdfunded project as there are now thousands of them. Pointless to pick on one when ignoring others that feature the same practice and same approach.

This product is nothing unusual for a crowdfunded product.

But there's no reviews yet https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-citizen

It is already released. Crowdfunded project with the usual early access to it.

Cant be a scam. It is just a crowdfunded project as there are now thousands of them. Pointless to pick on one when ignoring others that feature the same practice and same approach.

This product is nothing unusual for a crowdfunded product.

Even if it delivers 100% of everything it promised, people will still call it a scam. And how can you say this is nothing unusual for a crowdfunded project when it's raised over $100 million? The feature bloat isn't uncommon for crowdfunded games, but for it to go this far is.

These games will speak for themselves ;)

Even the dunces will have to listen eventually. It is, however, amusing to watch people proclaim knowledge based on nearly zero insight into this game and its development.

Well there's one thing we can agree on: crowdfunding date: 2012; planned release date: 2014; current date: 2018; eventual release date: ????

Yeah, funny dat.

It's amazing how passionate people get about attacking a project that they didn't even contribute to. The social media era allows for an unprecedented level of self righteousness. They will attack you to 'save' you, all the while feeling justified :)

It's amazing how passionate people get about attacking a project that they didn't even contribute to. The social media era allows for an unprecedented level of self righteousness. They will attack you to 'save' you, all the while feeling justified :)

That's like saying anybody who didn't vote for Trump has no right to criticize him. Ha! :p

Heh, we're just having fun participating in the discussion.

@Wisdom;
Nice projection. :)

The minute people critize Star Citizen they get called stupid, ignorant, self-rightoues. Real dispassionate debate culture right there.

Sounds like more justification to me :)

Your attack on "they" makes you seem a tad hypocritical? Who are you saving?

Since when do you need to contribute to a scam before you can warn people about it?

@Wisdom;
Nice projection. :)

The minute people critize Star Citizen they get called stupid, ignorant, self-rightoues. Real dispassionate debate culture right there.

Is that what you got from Darts speech?
I swear english isn't what it used to be. I didn't feel like he called me that at all. I suppose you could choose to read it like that, but it seems a strange choice of things to identify with.

Streamers make regular shows on it. Just watched a streamer who has a weekly show on it (reviews of any update) who got a stick/thruster thing for christmas and installed it to play the product.

Reviews by a large number given by streamers.

Even if it delivers 100% of everything it promised, people will still call it a scam. And how can you say this is nothing unusual for a crowdfunded project when it's raised over $100 million? The feature bloat isn't uncommon for crowdfunded games, but for it to go this far is.
That is picking up a crowdfunded project because of its success.
It raised $100 and promised more than projects that raised $1M.
Well there's one thing we can agree on: crowdfunding date: 2012; planned release date: 2014; current date: 2018; eventual release date: ????

Yeah, funny dat.
2018: released. Streamers stream it. May have been released in 2016 or something.

Ah well, no. I took the self-righteuos part from your post and ignored some other jabs he included.

Oh goodness. My post was even more generic than Darts. If you choose to take personal offense to blanket non-targetted opinions, online interaction could get very complicated for you.
As the expression goes, if the shoe fits, wear it.
If not, leave the shoes alone.

Oh goodness. My post was even more generic than Darts. If you choose to take personal offense to blanket non-targetted opinions, online interaction could get very complicated for you.

I never said I took it personally. I can very well distinguish between a generic attack against a group of people, and a specific attack against a single person. The generic nature of your post is part of the issue though. Lots of coverage with that statement.

As the expression goes, if the shoe fits, wear it.
If not, leave the shoes alone.
This is really funny if you read this in the context of your earlier post:

It's amazing how passionate people get about attacking a project […] They will attack you to 'save' you […]

Back
Top Bottom