Cyberpunk 2077 - Rewarding Ending

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Primagames reports that Cyberpunk 2077 will have a rewarding ending and the open world can be used for expansions:

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have a "Very Rewarding Ending," Complete Expansions

Not unlike The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 will continue to evolve with the player in mind.

From everything we've seen thus far of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED's newest IP looks to honor everything that this studio is known for: a damn good story. In an age of live service games and half-cooked launches, the studio promises that they have their player base in mind and will have a completely finished game at launch, complete with a "very rewarding" conclusion ahead of future expansions.

Speaking exclusively with Prima Games, UI Coordinator Alvin Liu opens up a bit about what the future holds for Cyberpunk 2077. "We are talking about expansions in the future," he tells me. "We want to make sure everything's complete, but we also want to build open worlds. I know when I was playing The Witcher 3 and I finished everything, I still want to know what everyone was up to. I think we're going to have opportunities like that as well for Cyberpunk 2077."

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Now is the most difficult part. E3 is over but I have to decide between Cyberpunk and Watch dogs 3. https://rawg.io/games/watch-dogs-legion I have to admit they both look like a lot of fun, but CD project Red are known for the better storytelling.. Difficult to choose XD

Now is the most difficult part. E3 is over but I have to decide between Cyberpunk and Watch dogs 3. https://rawg.io/games/watch-dogs-legion I have to admit they both look like a lot of fun, but CD project Red are known for the better storytelling.. Difficult to choose XD

I believe that both games will be very good or great. As a huge fan of Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs 1 and 2 I believe that Cyberpunk 2077 will be more reliably very good, though. I also believe that critics will be somewhat negative on Watch Dogs 3 as they were on 1 and 2 (though not as much on 2).

Why choose? For the first five years (or so) of a game's life, they just keep getting better - and cheaper. You'll probably be able to pick up Witcher 3 plus the DLC for $15 or less this summer and it will be just as good as playing it last year.

Well, I have no doubt about which one to choose. Actually, when choosing between those two games, I never had :)

c1264fb3bbd1b07195d094c1467d47ed941541b90abd749633a82561d8509d4c.png

On the surface this seems like a no brainer, in favor of cyberpunk but looking deeper I could see it being a harder decision. Assuming that WellHelloThere is a watchdogs fan.

I think most of us assume CDPR will just release a stellar game but let's not forget the first witcher had pretty clunky combat and was a buggy mess at release.

Now Its probable that CDPR has learned enough along the way to avoid a repeat of those issues but it is a new IP and a switch to first person perspective with gunplay. So its not totally outrageous to think the game may not be ready for prime time and will be better to wait for an inevitable Enhanced edition.

So with Watchdogs being a third game it's possible it could be the better play at release. Although they could run into issue with the "play as anyone" feature.

So I'm just saying depending on release dates, it may be better to play Watchdogs and wait on cyberpunk.

I won't be doing that of course. :biggrin: but if again, you're a big fan of Watchdogs...

Advertised with Utterly Boring and Unrewarding Ending, firing up protests from millions of players.

Unfortunately it's not a difficult decision for me. First person view makes me sick after a short while, which renders Cyberpunk 2077 a "heavily discounted only" title. :/ My Witcher collector's editions scream in pain.

Advertised with Utterly Boring and Unrewarding Ending, firing up protests from millions of players.
Cmon, you can do better. Like… Dunno… Ugly people in opposition with shiny cars? ;)

For me there is no question which one, CP or WD3. Aka, I'm, getting both. However some should pick WD3 and not CP. Which ones? Lemme help. :evilgrin:

CP will have handcrafted *everything*. Sure, a instakill trashmob will probably spawn here and there just as in TW3, but there won't be neverending annoying filler to hold you hostage and stall your progress only to set an illusion of some epicness that's in fact an unpaid repetitive job.

On the other hand WD3. A world designed directly opposite to recent indie plague of roguelikes, roguelites and randomly generated content. A handcrafted playground (London) and randomly generated NPCs. If it was an indie, it'd be vice versa.
You start the game with dicerolled team. Aka no new game will have exactly the same NPCs at the start.
Any NPC you see on the street you can try to recruit. How will you recruit them? Through radiant quests. And what are radiant quests? Once you finish one, those turn into repetitive boredom.
Is there a main story in WD3? Noone knows. There is a high probability there isn't and all you'll be doing is "another settlement needs your attention" chores.

If you're dying to see another radiant rubbish after Skyrim and FO4, IMO you should postpone CP2077, preorder WD3 today and spam Ubisoft to release it already. :)

Now one might ask, why am I buying WD3 if it's radiant garbage? Let's save that for another day.

Cmon, you can do better. Like… Dunno… Ugly people in opposition with shiny cars? ;)

For me there is no question which one, CP or WD3. Aka, I'm, getting both. However some should pick WD3 and not CP. Which ones? Lemme help. :evilgrin:

CP will have handcrafted *everything*. Sure, a instakill trashmob will probably spawn here and there just as in TW3, but there won't be neverending annoying filler to hold you hostage and stall your progress only to set an illusion of some epicness that's in fact an unpaid repetitive job.

On the other hand WD3. A world designed directly opposite to recent indie plague of roguelikes, roguelites and randomly generated content. A handcrafted playground (London) and randomly generated NPCs. If it was an indie, it'd be vice versa.
You start the game with dicerolled team. Aka no new game will have exactly the same NPCs at the start.
Any NPC you see on the street you can try to recruit. How will you recruit them? Through radiant quests. And what are radiant quests? Once you finish one, those turn into repetitive boredom.
Is there a main story in WD3? Noone knows. There is a high probability there isn't and all you'll be doing is "another settlement needs your attention" chores.

If you're dying to see another radiant rubbish after Skyrim and FO4, IMO you should postpone CP2077, preorder WD3 today and spam Ubisoft to release it already. :)

Now one might ask, why am I buying WD3 if it's radiant garbage? Let's save that for another day.

super excellent summary. To bad though?

Back
Top Bottom