Disgaea 5 - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Disgaea 5 has been released on Steam at 25% off until October 30th.

In a universe ruled by Overlords, only one shall prevail!

Disgaea 5 Complete tells a tale of revenge and rebellion. As a new and terrible Overlord named Void Dark seeks to enslave the countless Netherworlds, one young demon has stood to end his reign—Killia. In Disgaea 5 Complete, lead Killia and his tenacious army of rebels on their dark and dangerous path to vengeance. Filled with more over-the-top action and hilarious writing than ever before, Disgaea 5 Complete’s damage numbers are surely headed for the record books.

Disgaea 5 Complete
is a strategy RPG that offers hundreds of hours of over-the-top, award-winning gameplay. The game includes all 8 bonus scenarios, 4 fan-favorite characters, and 3 character classes that were originally DLC in the PlayStation®4 release of Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance.

Aim for the top in this crazy, nonstop strategy RPG of ridiculous proportions!

KEY FEATURES

• The Complete Disgaea5 Experience - Enjoy the full Disgaea 5 story along with 8 bonus scenarios, 4 fan-favorite characters and 3 character classes from the Disgaeaseries!
  • A Legendary RPG Series Reborn - The latest flagship RPG from the most prolific strategy RPG developer in the world welcomes newcomers and veterans alike with a brand-new story and dials the hilarity and strategy up to level 9999!
  • Hundreds of Hours of Content - Following Disgaea tradition, Disgaea 5 Complete offers hundreds of hours of deep strategic content.
  • Deep Strategic Battles - Engage in exciting tactical battles with inventive systems like Magichange, Geo Effects, Alliance Attacks, Character Towers and more!
  • Extensive and Fun Customization - Recruit new units from over 40 jobs and races, then dive in and strengthen them as you see fit in their personal Chara Worlds! Find hundreds of items or make your own at the Alchemist, then power them up and discover hidden abilities in the Item World! Or, if you’re feeling wild, change the rules of the game at the Dark Assembly! The possibilities are endless!
More information.

So what's the gist of this problem, that some online features didn't make it to the Steam release? I'm ok with that personally, because if the game required me to be online fully while playing it, I likely would never purchase the thing. As long as all the content is still there, I'll be grabbing this probably this weekend or early next week.

User maps were used to avoid some of the harsher grinding experiences in the game if I recall correctly. Or they were used to "optimize" grinding... all depends on your perspective I guess. :)

More like the misleading title: Complete Edition. And they did not mention about any missing features until after the game was launched. So most people feel cheated.

For now, the game is downvoted to hell for this and i expect a review bombing quite fast.

Personally, i can live without those social features. With or without them, i still consider the game worthy to add it to my game library. But that is my personal opinion and the fact that i love the Disgaea series (played them on a few Sony consoles, except the fifth, which i will probably play it on PC, due to me not having a PS4 yet)

Weird, I just don't see the value in those online features, and really don't understand the mass of people that appear to be seriously upset over the whole thing. The earlier two Disgaea games that I played didn't need such features, and unless this new one is a very different animal, I don't see how it could be important.

Apparently a lot of people are competitive and want to compare their scores to others...

Weird, I just don't see the value in those online features, and really don't understand the mass of people that appear to be seriously upset over the whole thing. The earlier two Disgaea games that I played didn't need such features, and unless this new one is a very different animal, I don't see how it could be important.

Blame today's society for this. But you can learn from loss, just like you can learn from a win. Today's online communities are beyond toxic. People are throwing a fit each time when they lose (be it in an online game or in real life) and do not know how to cope with losing. Oh well...i've made my choice to stay away of online games and stick to it. So i can't say that i care anymore.

P.S.: just as i was afraid, the review bombing started. Exactly on those missing features (and the only one of value was the map editor that would allow you to make your own maps). Now i feel tempted to get the game just in spite of all this.

I'm still going to buy it for certain, I only played maybe three hours in total on my Switch and I didn't notice any necessary online stuff during that time. If anything, I'll throw money at them for eliminating unnecessary garbage and giving us computer uses a cleaner import.

Back
Top Bottom